main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Jedi Padawan

Nov 29, 2014
    And which one of the two athletes ( the human or the Varactyl) is more interested in a "serious" fight and why?

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Probably the human, on account of being fully sapient

3. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Jedi Padawan

Nov 29, 2014
    Who do you think would win a fight between a Krayt Dragon and a Varactyl and why?

V-2 likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Krayt Dragon. Those things are frigging HUGE. Pretty sure that they're at the top of the Tatooinian food chain

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    FlashDriver likes this.
  6. Jedi wildflower

Jedi wildflower Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2014
    This is a really random question (lol), but (according to google translate) "jedi" is a Slovenian word for "dishes". Anybody know if that's actually true? o.o Google translate can be pretty unreliable, so..

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats a good question. Somebody should know the answer, although I never considered that "jedi" meant something in another language. (Vader means "Father" in Dutch)

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting info:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/09/origins-jedi-star-wars-stuff/

9. Vergil2501

Vergil2501 Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2014
    So I'd like to know what today is considered canon under the "Legends" term. Is there a page that lists what comics, books, shows and such that is considered it since we've had several novel and book releases this year after the announcement of that statement.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Check out our Literature forum. I think there are a few discussions going on the subject.

Bazinga'd and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Raborick

Raborick Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2015
    Im new to the forum and I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the interwebs.

I am trying to figure what the symbol on the front of an ARC 170 Starfighter means. Is it a squadron symbol or just a mark for that model? I have searched a lot and I cannot find it.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to the Wook, During the Clone Wars, it was common for elite pilots to customize their vessels with elaborate designs, such as the elite Razor Squadron..

If you have a specific example, post a pic or link here and someone might be able to identify it for you.

13. Raborick

Raborick Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2015
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a guess since I don't know - but if it's the default marking on unaltered ships it might be the manufacturer's emblem.

15. Raborick

Raborick Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2015
    That's what I was guessing. Thanks for the help.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  16. zts24

zts24 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2015
    Hey everyone! Just looking for a little help. I looked through my Star Wars figures for the first time in ages and found one I don't really recognize. If anyone could help identify it, it would be much appreciated as a somewhat casual-ish fan i would love to know more about this character's story.

sorry for the lo-quality pic.

http://i.imgur.com/PJB9rWn.jpg

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Try the Collecting Forum under "Fan Activities" section. LAJ_FETT

Also you can try our sister site at RebelScum.com

18. Kith

Kith Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2015
    If I have a question about Darth Vader's station relative to Tarkin's, should I ask it here? I'm interested in what canon says about it, but I'm also interested in understanding what the mentality was in the 70s where they sounded like peers, but then Vader seemed way above everyone else but Palpatine thereafter.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  20. Kith

Kith Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2015
    Older? Yes. Checks out? Hmm... once I sifted out the enormous amount of subjective speculation, I got a few tidbit facts that hadn't twigged before and just a little bit of what is clearly canon. But I was left with almost no incite as to what the original mentality was in the mid-70s. Shall I assume that this is unknown?
    I suppose that if there is no explanation, the silliness of it all is still dwarfed by the "Kessel Run", which, despite the later rationalization, I think was a poorly-thought part of the plot.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just pointing you to where the discussion was, up to you whether you want to partake or not.

[​IMG]

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Does anyone know how I could contact Lucasfilm or Disney or whoever, so that I could find out when they intend to release Clone Wars season 6 blu-ray in the UK?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have you checked Amazon UK to see if it's listed?

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I have. All they have is the US import.

25. scottkinwa

scottkinwa Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    I am looking for a video made up of clips of SW characters saying the word "Luke" for a project I am working on. Does anyone have any advise of a place to look?
    Thank you kindly.