main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It's possible that Cliegg bought her specifically to free her.

On the other hand, Cliegg may just have been used to the slavery on Tatooine, and had become numb to it's horrors. Falling in love changed his mind on the issue. A similar story occurs in Assassin's Creed Liberation, where a wealthy white slave owner falls in love with one of his slaves, sets her free, and makes her his Placée (unofficial wife).

Seeker Of The Whills and Tanjint like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Is Liberation the one set in America?

Tanjint likes this.
  3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, it's set in New Orleans in the 18th century.

4. Mineyo66

Mineyo66 Jedi Knight

Apr 15, 2016
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Merging with random question thread.

6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I really have no idea. It doesn't look like any kind of trooper I'm familiar with. The closest match would probably be a 41st Elite Corps member. At that it doesn't look like it could be from anything I'm aware of. It's probably fan-made, honestly. I'm very curious, anyway. Can you tell where you found it? I'm completely stumped.

7. Mineyo66

Mineyo66 Jedi Knight

Apr 15, 2016
    I found this on the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit. Apparently it's a 'leaked' image of Battlefront 2 but I'm having a hard time believing that so that's why I tried asking here to see if anyone knew where that Clone Trooper was from. Here's a link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ential_leak_according_to_usome_info_an_early/

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    The body design is highly reminiscent of Gree's armour, while the helmet is identical to Commander Grey's helmet, he was head of security on Kamino. The helmet was originally Commander Fox's before that, it was just recoloured for Grey.

If it is a leak, it could suggest that BFII will give the option to mix and match clone armour types.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I felt like freeing Shmi was their intent from the start.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Tatooine Ghost (the only EU media that covered those events) had it as -Shmi and Cliegg meeting falling in love came first, the buying came second.

11. Sky-Guy

Sky-Guy Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2017
    Why can there only be 2 sith lords?

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    For safety reasons, to conceal themselves better from the Jedi, and to reduce the chance of a Sith overthrowing another.

13. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    And to ensure that the next Sith Lord would be stronger than the last. As the apprentice, when believed he or she was ready and strong enough, would challenge and kill the Master. This would show that the apprentice is worthy of taking on the title of the next Sith Lord. Rinse and repeat...

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  15. DarthV444

DarthV444 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2017
    Hello,
    I was wondering if the custom lightsabers you can build at he website SaberForge are any good, and if I should get one.
    Thanks,
    DarthV444.
    :vader:

16. RipKitFisto

RipKitFisto Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2017
    Ok guys, now I thought I knew a lot about star wars but this is getting me. Over 10 years ago the owner of a local cinema (family friend) loaned me a copy of a medium length film (probably 45mins-1hr) which was set in between episodes 3 and 4. The story followed a character Darth Vader was trying to make his apprentice.

The only thing of note I can remember is there was a bounty hunter with a lightsaber with a yellow/orange blade which had a blaster at the base.

It was definitely live action.

I have since asked the guy who loaned it to me and he doesn't remember it. I could easily have mixed up my memories except I was talking to my brother about it and he remembered the same thing. After scouring the web I have found absolutely nothing.

Do any of you experts know anything about this?

17. DarthV444

DarthV444 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2017
    How do I start a thread?
    :confused:

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If it's in this forum hit the SW Community tab below so you are on the forum thread list. Look to the right at the top between the main banner and the forum banner and you'll see 'Post New Thread'.

19. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I know nothing about EU but that's always been my head canon story too

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. JediAlanG

JediAlanG Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2017
    Anyone remember The Onion Style Point-Counterpoint??

21. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    If this is really a serious question, then that's quite an odd memory to have. A conspiracy nut would probably go "MANDELA EFFECT!!!!", but I think you're simply conflating multiple memories into one. I don't recall any lightsabers with blasters in them, aside from Ezra's in Rebels which came out much later, but Vader's apprentice sounds a lot like Starkiller from The Force Unleashed games. The first one also happens to have been released almost a decade ago now, in 2008.

Edit: Or it could simply be one of the gazillion Star Wars fanfilms that have existed for decades.

22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Not a random question, but a random thought. Which I freely admit is a can of worms, but what the heck, I'm gonna open anyway and see which way they crawl. And with no further ado, here it is:

There are probably some people who want Jar-Jar to be Snoke just so they have a legitimate reason to hate him.

Tanjint likes this.
  23. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Didn't get an answer on this in the TV board, I'll try here:

Bendu calling Ahsoka "former Jedi Knight" in the deleted Bendu/Ahsoka scene Filoni talked about the other day and that's wrong right? She left the order before becoming a Knight and by the time she was at the level of a Jedi Knight's teaching and ability she consciously denied being a Jedi Knight. Or is it a reference to her being accepted in the Jedi temple in season 2? Was that her silently becoming a Knight again for a moment or is Bendu just speaking loosely?

Thanks!

-T

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    or "jedi knight" is used colloquially to include those who were older students but not yet passed the formal trials.

Tanjint likes this.
  25. Sanakin Ja' For

Sanakin Ja' For Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2017
    Hello there! I'm new here and I have a persisten question in my head, even if it seems easy, it's more profound if you think of it. Here it goes:

What would a Jedi do if he sees an animal eating a person?

An animal who is eating a person would be doing it for survival, it’s not an evil action, so, should they interfere? Im sure that if it was another animal instead of a person, they wouldn’t, because they would see it as "more" natural, but even if it's a person, it's still natural. Would they interfere with the natural cycle of life and of the force?

My opinion: I think that if they interfere when a person is being killed, but not when an animal is, it's unfair. What do you think and why?

Tanjint likes this.