main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. CmasterMears

CmasterMears Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2015
    I had a friend in Jr high, back before the prequel trilogy was released (around 1997-98). He told me the storm troopers were clones. Is there a source from back then that he got this from? Or did he just deduce this from hints like "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" and mentions of the clone wars from the original trilogy.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    FlashDriver and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Jedi Regit

Jedi Regit Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2015
    I have a question. I'm new to the Theforce.net but I am a longtime Star Wars fan. Does anyone know the amount of time passed before Han Solo and Luke Skywalker were found on Hoth after Lukes encounter with the ice beast?

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The exact amount of time may be in TESB novelization, but I dont know for certain.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From the novelization it looks like Han finds Luke unconscious and puts him in the dead tauntaun at night and they are rescued the next morning. Does that help?

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    But how much time elapsed between the Wampa attack and when Han found Luke in the snow? Biology tells us that it could not have been all that long however, because of the surface temperature of Hoth.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the impression I got from the book was that Luke escapes the cave as evening is falling as the story says the light is growing darker. He stumbles down a snow embankment and falls unconscious. Around the same time Han is looking for Luke since the light growing darker is also mentioned. Luke then has the vision of Obi-Wan and the mention of the Dagobah system. After Kenobi fades Luke thinks he sees an approaching TaunTaun but falls unconscious again after calling for Ben. Han then finds Luke in the snow.

10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably reasonable to assume, that there is not much time from Luke crawling out of the cave until Han finds him.

11. gokaiblue

gokaiblue Jedi Knight

Aug 8, 2015
    I'm making a ROTJ Luke costume to join the Rebel legion. How tight do the pants need to be?

12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Should be somewhere in here.

13. gokaiblue

gokaiblue Jedi Knight

Aug 8, 2015
    I have a pair of pants that might work, but I don't know if it's too loose. Are the pants supposed to be yoga pants tight or just tux pants tight?

14. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I have no idea, that's why I gave that link. It leads to the Rebel Legion's costuming section. Just click the blue text :)
    Here's the exact one
    http://www.rebellegion.com/luke-skywalker-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi-death-star-duel/

15. Kamikazee

Kamikazee Jedi Knight

Jul 2, 2008
    Despite the date I joined, I am brand new on this forum.

I'm just wondering what the cliques are on this forum. Like who is friends with whom? What subforums stick together? Who are the nerds and who are the jocks?

16. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    This might be the best place to ask this: Has there been any thought about creating a common thread that encompasses the entirety of the new canon? I find myself jumping back and forth between the lit, movie, and TV threads and I don't notice any talk on those about how the new canon as a whole is evolving and how the interconnection of the different mediums is playing out. I might be missing a forum or thread here that's already devoted to this, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?:confused:

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I think the more you spend time around the forum the more you will see patterns develop. I don't know that that the term "cliques" is appropriate, but people with similar interests in certain aspects of Str Wars do tend to stay together. However, the SWC does tend to be an eclectic group that does seem to have varied interests.

19. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I still have the original trilogy on VHS so I'd like to get them on Blu-Ray. On this news article the movie cases all look really cool: http://www.theforce.net/story/front...ay_Steelbooks_Coming_This_November_165203.asp

In the article it also says the Complete Saga is gonna be repackaged, so my question is, does the complete saga include the nice steelbooks? I'd like to get a matching set with all the movies, so I'm hoping to get them together.

20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
  21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Can someone please tell me if one person has force sensitivity and has a sibling, does the sibling have force sensitivity only if they're sensitive enough to the force?

For example, Dhara Leonis had force sensitivity but Zare didn't.
    But Leia and Luke both did.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see degree of sensitivity varying within families.

23. OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak Jedi Padawan

Aug 30, 2015
    As a kid I remembered seeing a toy of what seems to be an imperial airspeeder fighter-like craft. The pilot wore a similar suit to the TIE pilots but the cockpit wasn't enclosed. What is the name of this vehicle? I couldn't find pictures for it unfortunately but the main thing I remembered was the pilot of the craft was exposed, almost like that of a speeder bike. I doubt it was from the movies but rather the Expanded Universe instead.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Any idea of a year (or years) for this? Was it vintage or more recent?

Bazinga'd likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm going to merge this with the Random Question thread. Collecting might be a good place to look too though.

Bazinga'd likes this.