main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Have mercy!] Fuller House- Now on Netflix

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Aug 26, 2014.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Buzzfeed has taken over television. First Girls Meets World, now this, then a half hour sitcom consisting of eye-melting Tumblr .gifs.

Darth Tunes and Ender Sai like this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Family Matters was better than all these. Look at the intro.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    For once, Wocky is correct.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Um, no. "Everywhere You Look" is more memorable. Whatever happened to predictability? Milkman, paperboy, evening tv?

Maybe this series will follow rock star Jesse Katsopolis and his band Jesse and the Rippers.

Also, bring back Lori Loughlin, please. Have mercy, indeed.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    You have to admit, a show in the late 80s/early 90s depicting three men living together in San Francisco was awfully progressive for the time.

Darth-Lando and Ender Sai like this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Family Matters, so good.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Dear Lord, please don't allow this to happen.

(I swear, Disney's kid sitcoms like Good Luck Charlie are edgier and, dare I say, funnier than Full House ever was, and aren't as sickeningly sweet as to make you feel as though you're going to get diabetes.)

9. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Fixed that for you.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Works for me. Except the episodes where Urkel was suddenly without glasses, older, and wooing Lisa. I think they were at Disney World that episode.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  12. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Man, did Disney use the ABC sitcoms in the '90s as free advertising for the Disney theme parks or what?

heels1785 likes this.
  13. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    what if they created a follow-up series to "house" called "full house", which would basically be the same premise as "house" except dr. googery house would be eating to excess all the time? do you think jeff franklin would be mad?

heels1785 and Ender Sai like this.
  14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm looking forward to their sketch comedy show, You Won't Believe What Happens Next.

Point Given and Darth Tunes like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just want to know if John Stamos will sing and play guitar. If Jesse and the Rippers are not selling albums in this reboot, they're doing it wrong.

And someone needs to drive a car into the kitchen. Again. Just to teach today's kids a lesson about texting while driving.

(Yeah, I loved that show.)

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm irritated now that I can't find the worst GIF I've ever seen...the entire scene from Parks and Rec where Leslie and Ann are discussing breakups in the car, condensed to 5 frames.

17. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

Darth_Furio and Juliet316 like this.
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The new show features Danny telling his grandkids how he met their step grandmother Kimmy Gibbler.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Okay, but that doesn't excuse it from being a terrible sitcom in many respects; for any episode/moment I truly like, there's 10 that I don't enjoy.

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I am pleased by this news, even if it's not definite. Imagine all the 21st century lessons Danny, Jesse and Joey can impart on this hypothetical reboot's audience. I am ready to cry during the very special episodes. Oh wait, that was a bi-weekly event on FH.

oh well. At least we can pretty much guarantee the Olsen twins won't be in it. Let's get their more successful sister instead.

And Tunes, do all those other shows have VERY SPECIAL EPISODES? I mean, most had special episodes, but not VERY SPECIAL EPISODES. MICHELLE HAS AMNESIA OMG DRAMA!!!

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I love the TGIF theme song formula.

First line: Lament the loss of innocence/the state of the world.

Second line: Tout familial bonds as a shelter against the storm.

End it with "Zippity-bop-zoo-ow!"

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

If they had actually gone all-the-way with her amnesia, then that would have made for a far better finale.

What a cheap way to get both twins in the same scene/shot. :p

23. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Of course, with every TGIF show up for rebooting (or so it seems), it is just a matter of time before Perfect Strangers gets a reboot. Larry will still be played by Marc Lynn Baker and be just as neurotic. Branson Pinchot will be relevant again as he reposes his role as Balki who is trying to re-adjust to life after spending the last decade in Gitmo due to a mixup in the War on Terror. This will segue into a recurring villain character named Abu Jamal al-Balki who was supposed to be locked up instead. Abu will make an occasional appearance as the show's producers figure that it would be best to only play on one set of cultural stereotypes at a time for most of the non "very special episodes". Also, 25 years in the US/ Gitmo and Balki STILL has that accent.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm going to pull a Jabba-wocky and quote myself from the Girls Meets World thread:

Darth Tunes likes this.
  25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    **** this episode for real. She drives the car through the kitchen and by the end of the episode Bob Saget's all like "Ahhh no big deal!"

Darth Tunes likes this.