main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Have mercy!] Fuller House- Now on Netflix

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Aug 26, 2014.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    First episode finished and I'll probably watch a few more with the girlfriend. It wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be, but there were some tough corny eye rolling moments. It does its best to capture the nostalgia of Full House by jamming it down your throat, not only with the jokes but at one point doing a split screen to show the cast recreating an exact moment from the original. The heart is there, but it's going to be a painful journey to get to it each episode.

I didn't think the sexual innuendo jokes were that big of a deal. The thing that bothered me the most is that DJ's husband died fighting a fire (I don't remember how long it's been since that event in "TV show" time) but Steve was there to remind DJ that they were both single and he was willing to revisit their relationship not once, but TWICE. It was super off putting and super creepy.

There was a focus on the annoying middle son, who is very much like his grandpa Danny Tanner, and I know his energy is going to be a huge annoyance like every character in Girl Meets World and on the Disney Channel in general.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    The only question I have is; How much screen time for Aunt Becky?

BTW, Ms. Loughlin, if you're reading this, my house ain't full.

3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Juke Skywalker, in the first episode, she is only on screen when Danny-Joey-Jesse are on screen. She plays the part of annoying Great aunt to DJ's youngest son, Tommy (the baby) as Becky is not shy about expressing wanting another one but Jesse says no because all his seamen are all lost as sea (wish I was joking).

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm watching the pilot for a play-by-play and... I don't know where to start. The awful jokes, that admittedly are necessary and sufficient for a sequel to Full House? The terrible acting? The "I can't believe this is happening" racism? The Donald Trump references?

It's a candidate for JCC Watches Movies.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Speaking of Lori Loughlin: a few years back I was watching this movie from the 1980s called The New Kids, where James Spader and Lori Loughlin are a brother and sister who move to a new town and are hassled by a street gang, and when the street gang are about to rape Lori Loughlin's character, I blurt out MST3K-style, "Oh no. they're going to rape Aunt Becky!".

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  7. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    JEDI OVERLORD

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'll probably catch the first couple of episodes over the weekend.

I think Star Wars Episode VIII should be called Fuller House, with the Olsen Twins as Sith Lords.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Episode 2 is worse as it rehashes the "DJ / Stephanie moving into the same room" episode with DJ's sons instead. John Stamos cameos.

BTW, did they ever do the fridge cam in the orig. series? I did appreciate that shot from a cinematography point of view, but writing wise not a lot of laughs and super corny jokes and situations. Fan of the orig series are going to love it. Yes, fan.

Episode 3 is a train wreck. Super awkward and super creepy dance club scenes with the insufferable Macy Gray. Dave Coulier is the guest star to add fuel to this garbage fire. I'm done.

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Morbid curiosity demands that I request an example.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Cuban character depicted as a womanizer stalker that loudly yells "MY NAME IS FERNANDO HERNANDEZ SANCHEZ HERNANDEZ PEREZ AND I LOVE THIS WOMAN" in the thickest accent since Ricky Ricardo.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It's fun because we have several last names and we can't help cheating on our spouses. Truth on television.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Uh, wow. That actually struck me speechless for a bit, there.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Who have thought the reboot to an already awful show would be awful? :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    The fact that the actor is actually Argentinian is just the cherry on top.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Adding the ridiculousness: how does Joey get 10 shows a week at The Venetian?

cubman987 likes this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh this is delightfully terrible....I'm so happy.

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm watching only because there is apparently an episode where Hunter Pence guest stars. I'm sure Tunick will love that one.

21. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Actually seeing this show left me feeling the first episode as underwhelming and also mediocre as the reviews are stating. A much better idea for this series might've been to do a television movie or something to capture the nostalgia. That idea worked well for the Brady Bunch. I don't know about enough originality for this one.

Why are Steve and DJ not married by the way?

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

That's the episode when the Jameson is utilized.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  23. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    >.< Not sure I could stomach the indignity of her exchanging G-rated infertility jokes with Stamos.

They stole that from Parker Lewis Can't Lose! Hey, now there's a show that needs a modern sequel. Middle aged Parker Lewis scheming his way past his boss' snares and traps. Coolness.

I've seen The New Kids actually. It's more 80s than a Rubik's Cube wearing parachute pants and doing aerobics while playing an Atari 2600, but okay for what it is. I'm actually not sure who's prettier in that movie, Lori Loughlin or James Spader.

Back on topic, does Fuller House use the classic Full House theme song? I know I've shared the old TGIF theme song formula in a thread here before, but it goes something like this.

1.) Lament how things aren't as good as they used to be.
    2.) State how the love and bonding of family is a shelter against the cruelness of the world.
    3.) End it with "Zippity-bop-zoo-ow!"

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Juke Skywalker, unfortunately it doesn't it end with "Zippity-bop-zoo-ow". Carly Rae Jepsen has recorded a new version which I believe is very close to the original, but I haven't compared them.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Of course she has.

Juke Skywalker likes this.