main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Have mercy!] Fuller House- Now on Netflix

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Aug 26, 2014.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I was astonished at how much I actually enjoyed this. Which mean I'm astonished it didn't bore me or fail to entertain. I've only seen the first episode, and I have to admit, whether you liked it or not, this was a perfect continuation of the original show. I'm one of those who grew up with the show, enjoyed it for most of it's run(or at least until a season or 2 after Jesse got married), then grew up and looked back on it less fondly.

IT's Full House as if it never ended. The tone and feel of the show match up with the original pretty much spot on, and everybody involved seemed to want to be there and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I even smiled with Jesse sang his little song.

Credit where credit is do, they did a great job with this.

IF you liked Full House, you will like Fuller House. If you hated Full House, you should still watch the first episode and enjoy all the reasons you hated it smacking you in the face all over again 20 year's after it ended. And if you liked Full House when you were a kid and then grew up to hate it, you should watch it too. For the nostalgia if anything.

What is it about those old sitcom houses that make you want to live in all of em? If I ever make it rich I want to build a house that has the Family Ties Kitchen.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  2. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I feel like the premise of the show should've been more focused on something other than a reversal of role for the children. It probably should center around the house itself. All of the family has already long gone their separate ways and moved out. Joey did become a comedian, Jesse continues running his night club in San Francisco, and Wake Up San Francisco continues with Rebecca and Daniel running it. Stephanie becomes a successful career woman. Michelle joins the media and moves away to New York City. DJ becoming a veterinarian was fine and Kimmie as an event coordinator. I would have Steve and DJ married though and not spun off.

Most of the family lives in San Francisco by this account, but lives separately. What happens instead for this television movie is an earthquake strikes San Francisco and damages the home of DJ beyond repair, Jesse's night club, their home, and forces the whole family to move back into the normal house again. Stephanie, Michelle, and Joey make it to San Francisco as quickly as possible to check on their family and all are stranded for this occasion to reminiscence again.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I guess William Hung wasn't available. I looked it up on Youtube and gave it a spin, and Carly Rae Jepsen has done the impossible. She's made it considerably worse :eek:.

BTW, thanks for all the info TiniTinyTony! Sorry to have peppered you with so many Fuller House questions. Now I guess we wait with baited breath for Step By Step... By Step.

yankee8255 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Does anyone else feel that Ramona is the show's token Hispanic to try and have some form of diversity on a mostly White show?

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I saw the pilot episode and it's corny. I think more corny than the original as it was pretty meta and 4th wall breaking with the reference to Michelle running her fashion empire and the cast staring at the camera after that comment was made.

I didn't hate the pilot but I'm not sure if I'll continue with the show. I'll probably watch more episodes in the summer when all the other shows finish their season.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I finished the series over the weekend....it's a pretty fitting sequel to the original in that it's kind of terrible TV that still somehow manages to pull you in, and it's made for people who have already seen Full House, I have to imagine a lot of the jokes would fall flat otherwise.

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think she's more the token Hispanic in order to justify having an incredibly offensive racial stereotype in a recurring role. :p

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I watched the first episode. So is it just a fix on DJ/Steph/Kimmy and not the old guys for the rest of the season? Do the Olsen's make any cameo? Just wondering.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Ghost, from what I remember you kind of get an update from the old guys as they cameo here and there, but it's primarily the DJ/Steph/Kimmy show. The Olsen's do not make a cameo in this season or next. In retrospect, I'm sorry I even wasted time watching it.

11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Watched season 2 with the wife over the past few days. We both liked it better than the first season....I mean, it's still awful and cheesy but we just can't stop watching it.

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    It's suppose to be cheesy. Though I do appreciate the adult jokes and double entendres hidden in each episode.

Funny story. The scenario, with the package delivery guy and DJ and her mini black dress, has happened to me before.

And I had the same reaction as the delivery guy.

cubman987 likes this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh there's a season 2? Have they added the inevitable character in blackface?

SuperWatto and DarthTunick like this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't think there's anyone who hasn't heard about this kind of cheating. It's rampant among wealthy families trying to get their kids into elite schools. Not that Loughlin doesn't deserve to be charged with a crime, but I see that everywhere: parents who can give their kids every admissions advantage you can think of: an admissions coach to advise them on their essays, flying them to exotic locations for charitable missions to include in their essays, a team of tutors to boost test scores.

My son once gave a tour on his university campus to a high school senior whose parents donated $1 million to the university in return for giving their kid his own personal admissions advisor.

Given all that, these parents still don't believe they're required to play by the rules. It really makes me angry. My kid got into an elite school the hard way: by being the son of a father who is basically a genius.

16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Who are these people

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, given that she has lived an “otherwise blameless life” and she’s rich, white and she didn’t defraud the country of millions or commit borderline treason, she should get off with a massive fine and community service if we’re now applying the Paul Manafort judge’s standard to everything.

Seriously, if Aunt Becky gets more time than Paul Manafort, something is seriously wrong there.

Valairy Scot and Juliet316 like this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    where is slowpoke when we need him to explain that aunt becky is not guilty because she's pretty

19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Gone but not forgotten.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    let's just hope he's not out exacting his vigilante justice somewhere.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think what makes these cases a bit different from the usual sort of things you see with wealthy families buying their kids a leg up in the admissions process is how they went about it. Faked test scores, fabricated athletic histories with coaches helping drive those applications thru, and the payoffs to those coaches and administrators directly.

The prep sucks but the payoff is worth it:

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend,” she shared with her nearly 2 million subscribers, after explaining her extensive work schedule. “But I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all. But I do want the experience of like game days, partying…I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cel...g-190101738.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm glad that mainstream media is drawing attention to the backdoor illegal procedures that people are using to take advantage of the education system. This is important and needs to stop. Those who committed the crimes should be punished i.e. fined and/or imprisoned.

Now I understand that the media is going to name names to get people to click on their story. If the story was just "Adults abusing admissions system" then I would just be like "of course they are" and continue to scroll on. But then you attach famous names to the story and it goes viral.

Now with nothing else to report on, and to keep the clicks coming, someone, possibly in the media, not sure who was the first to do so but now the spotlight is on comments made by Olivia Jades on social media. I'm not here to defend her. If she knew what her parents did, she's complicit. If she didn't, then her comments are typical college student and are not news worthy. The last thing this child needs is more attention.

Unfortunately, we can't control what the media continues to highlight and obviously it was the "Lori Loughlin" name that attracted me to this story in the first place, so I hope the media continues to focus on the wrongdoers in this case and not the students (assuming the student was not complicit.)

What I'm starting to see reported in today's cycle are stories like "look at what Lori said in 2016 and how it contradicts recent events". Well no ****, sherlock. I don't think this is news either. Of course if someone is going to do something wrong they're not going to admit it or be shady about it.

[face_peace] "I am not a crook." [face_peace]

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The things the rich do legally to give their kids an admissions advantage are egregious enough without the addition of fraud.

This scandal is infuriating in part because it only affects an extremely specific type of rich person: very wealthy but not extremely influential and maybe not rich enough to just donate a new library to their kid's university of choice -- the bribery sweet spot.

Juliet316 , Ramza, tom and 1 other person like this.