main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Have you gotten the COVID vaccine booster yet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Nov 19, 2021.

?

Have you gotten the COVID vaccine booster or plan on getting it?

1. Yes, I've gotten it

82 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. Yes, I plan on getting it

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. No, I haven't gotten it and I don't plan on getting it

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Everton and I both boosted this morning with Moderna! :D

2. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Got mine yesterday!

Juliet316, Runjedirun, Rew and 3 others like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ontario expanding it's booster programs to 18+ on Monday to book, and this bit here says that starting Friday they can take walk-ins which I'll give it a shot if I can but I don't have much faith in my local pharmacies.

This quote here I find kinda disturbing that at about 6 months out your protection is as high as someone who hasn't been vaxed. I hope he's just being alarmist or something. :
    The move to substantially broaden the eligibility for third doses comes amid some research that points to the efficacy of vaccines against infection being significantly reduced in the face of the Omicron variant, which now accounts for an estimated 53 per cent of Ontario’s cases.

In fact, the scientific director of the Ontario Science Advisory Table Dr. Peter Juni told CTV News Toronto on Wednesday that if you are six months out from your second dose your chance of getting infected could be as “high as somebody who was never vaccinated.”

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I got Pfizer #3 yesterday afternoon. I felt fine the whole rest of the day…until about 5:00 in the morning. Now the chills, weakness, headache, and dizziness that I remember from #2 have come roaring back.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Got my booster, so now for plenty of fluids and to avoid becoming angry or outraged, lest a startling metamorphosis occur.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  6. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Got my booster today. First two doses were AstraZeneca and today was Pfizer just to spice things up.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I didn't feel great the day after my second shot but I got my booster on Monday and have been totally fine ever since (my shots were Pfizer/Moderna/Pfizer).

Juliet316 and Runjedirun like this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had side effects the next day from all 3 of my jabs (all Pfizer). It was mostly body aches, tiredness, and a sore arm.

9. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I went for a bit of variation on the booster - also tried a day with swelling under the armpit.

Systems responsive.

10. S. Raw Rats

S. Raw Rats Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2021
    Got a booster of Pfizer a month ago (plus flu shot), on top of initial Moderna, and was surprised to have had 0 side effects. The second dose of Moderna had kicked my ass for about a day at the time and I thought the same thing would happen again even if it were a different vax.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They've been talking about another booster for older folks here in the UK who had theirs awhile back to boost immunity.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Got mine on 12-1 right after work. Far less arm pain compared to the previous two, but I had more fatigue. Felt exhausted four hours later, so I went to bed early. Woke up the next morning with a bit of a headache and maybe some aches, but I took a Tylenol and felt right as rain. Really glad I did my part, it puts my mind at ease.

13. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I had mine on December 21st. The only reactions I had were the typical stiff shoulder, chills and hot flashes. A couple of ibuprofin over the next two days took care of all of them, including the sore arm.

And I appreciated the amusing incident at the vaccination site, where a college kid got his shot (with his winter hat still on), sat down in the chair six feet to my right, raised his right fist in the air, and proclaimed, "Boosted!" He got a bunch of thumbs-ups from everyone else there.

Count Yubnub, Juliet316, Rew and 5 others like this.
  14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I also decided to get the flu shot at the same time, since they were offering it at the site...but I had them in different arms. The arm with the Moderna shot is a bit sore, but the flu shot arm isn't.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Boost to 6G confirmed.

Pensivia and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Both shots my last two hit my like a truck, but I can’t afford not to.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Got mine a month ago. Moderna. Like my other two shots, had a low grade fever for 12 hours the day after. Doctor said it's normal in those who had a prior infection, doubly so with me having had it twice before I could vaxxed.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Twice? That's rotten luck, man.

19. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Yup, just got mine today. I'm on vacation this week, so even if I get symptoms from the shot, I can rest. All doses were Pfizer. I got a sore arm from the first two, and very tired. Nowhere near as bad as the flu shot, though, I had to take a sick day with that one.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    They were 8-9 months apart (March-April 2020 and January 2021, respectively). First infection was discovered after I had recovered when bloodwork from a physical found antibodies months after I had what felt like the mother of all chest colds. It was around the time when loss of taste/smell was announced as a symptom, something I only noticed when I recovered and noticed how salty everything was. Second was after I was around my nephew who was believed to have strep throat. That infected everyone in my family and I wondered if my past bout would have helped but it didn’t.

Doctor said I appear to have very mild scarring on my left lung, something which I could feel, but also seemed to clear up with the vaccine. Doc wasn’t surprised as it is believed there may be “pockets” of it in a person after recovery and only vaccination will eliminate. This is part of why I call BS to any of the “natural immunity” claims, both science and personal experience have shown it be an ineffective long term option.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun, Rew and 2 others like this.
  21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm okay nevermind, I did get some soreness in my flu shot arm...but it's considerably less and I only feel it if I put pressure on the area.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was in Belfast less than 24 hours when I received the booster and... rest and treatment of potential life affecting side effects be damned... I had to immediately focus on booking emergency flights back to the US lest we find ourselves in a colonizer-mandated shutdown. I did all my sweating on the plane, repeating endlessly to concerned onlookers how it wasn't an illness, it was the cure.

vin and Rew like this.
  23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I received a booster shot last Thursday. Mixed and matched with Pfizer cause the wait for Moderna (my first 2 shots) was until February here.

Mild symptoms of tiredness and chills. Sore arm, similar to my second dose, except I slept for over 12 hours after that one. I'm glad and grateful to be vaxed as the Covid news is sad and discouraging as usual.

LAJ_FETT , Juliet316 and Pensivia like this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Got boosted this morning. #3 of Pfizer for me. Only the first shot gave me a sore arm. Nothing on the second.

Here’s to a smooth boost.

25. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    I got my booster shot a while back (as a Cancer survivor, I was one of the first people emailed that I qualified for one). My first two shots were Moderna, and the booster was Pfizer. No side effects other than a sore arm. Also got my flu shot (at least it didn't hurt like it did after I finished my Cancer treatments. Probably because I was no longer being used as a pin cushion, so to speak).