main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Have you gotten the COVID vaccine yet?

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, May 8, 2021.

?

Have you gotten the COVID vaccine yet?

1. Yes, first dose

2. Yes, second dose or J&J!

3. No, waiting

4. No, not getting it

5. Yes, one/two doses + booster

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Thread done right

Diggy and harpua like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah much better

I just liked it for the commas

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    poor yorick likes this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Might want to change it to “waiting for an opportunity” or “No, but want one ASAP” to differentiate from people like MIKE who are waiting for no reason.

We’re gonna get this one right, guys. We’re going to keep making these threads until we get it right and have the ability to harass people who aren’t getting vaccinated. I mean, that’s why I want to know, so I can harass them.

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    No, you want to keep tabs on which of your besties have been fully vaccinated so you can be happy for them.
    You do.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Who the hell isn’t getting one?!

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah I got the second dose, but not the first.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @QUIGONMIKE is hesitant/not But we already knew that

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  8. Beef_Sweetener

Beef_Sweetener Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 25, 2005
    The relief I feel at the sight of this thread makes me weep with joy.

Also yeah, totally vaxxed. **** this ****.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    My 'No vote' is more to do with trying to wrangle an appointment for both me (and my mom) rather than any hesitancy.

soitscometothis and Pensivia like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hence the waiting. I think most people who answered the first poll aren’t even hestitatinv they just don’t have the time/can’t yet

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    “Yes, second dose, but voting ‘no, not getting it’ just to irritate people who like to be mad at things.”

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I only got the first dose because it was the Johnson&Johnson vaccine. I would've gotten the second dose except the staff tackled me before I could jab the syringe into my neck.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do wonder what would happen if you got a different vaccine for your second dose

15. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    As this is the lighter thread for this, because as of the other day my wife is now completely vaccinated, and my family has all been vaccinated, now had the first get-together in several months with my family by going miniature golfing, since it's outdoors and distanced. Masks for everyone still, of course as it was a public place, but it was nice to have a safe family event.

Pensivia, Rew, mnjedi and 7 others like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think I’d rather run the Covid gambit than the miniature golf gambit

17. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    There's only so much to do, and it was a place under decent control, and I think my parents have largely exhausted the safe outdoor events over the last few months.

And I think it's the longest I've been in sunlight since October, actually, so it was functional for that purpose, too.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

How'd you do? :p

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I have never been more excited to press a change vote button than when I get to do so on Tuesday.

20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Not great, 57, losing out by one stroke. Though this was at Castle Park in Sherman Oaks, and there's a bridge on hole 7 of the 2nd course that isn't flush so if you try to hit across it to the hole behind it (instead of falling off to either side) the ball just bounces up, hits the barn and comes back. So I tried that twice before I gave up. So I consider that their fault, not mine. 3 over par, 1 over par if I scratch that stupid bridge.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Castle Park! Know that place rather well... was the spot for me, my brother & a friend when mini-golf was our thing from ‘10-‘13z

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Second jab was done on Tuesday morning (Star Wars day!). I’ve fully recovered from the minor side effects I had, and my nurses assured me that the vaccine will reach its full effectiveness by the 18th.

So here’s to a semi-normal summer!

23. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Where are you? Seems like most places have plenty to go around and appts aren’t even necessary.

24. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    That actually happened to one of my nephews (who lives in CA). Due to a combination of mix-up factors (including the fact that he couldn't find his vax card when it was time to go back for his 2nd dose), he was given a first dose of Moderna and a 2nd of Pfizer. When the mistake was discovered, he was given a 3rd appointment (coming up in a few days) for a 2nd dose of Pfizer (third dose overall).

I'm sure this kind of mix-up is extremely rare (and in my nephew's case, it was partially due to his error), but he's not the only one this has happened to:

I've actually seen several articles lately about plans for new vaccine trials where the safety and effectiveness of combining different types of vaccines (mRNA and viral vector) will be studied.

In my nephew's case, it's been nearly two weeks since his 2nd dose (first of Pfizer), and he hasn't had any noticeable side effects.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I have had both doses of Pfizer. Now I just need to get Johnson & Johnson and both doses of Moderna and AstraZeneca, and I’ll have collected them all!