main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED HAVOC SQUAD

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kurisan, Jun 26, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    T'Rani Beillane \ Felucia

T'Rani absorbed the healer's words and Venge's words and felt a reluctant agreement.

She didn't like leaving the Felucians to continue in their involuntary subservience but they were ill-equipped to change their situation; alerting the Alliance was the best way to help the Felucians.

Unfortunately, that also left the frustratingly pesky problem of the necessary repairs...

@Kurisan \ @TheAdmiral \ @greyjedi125

TheAdmiral and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Nyll
    Felucia

Nyll pursed her lips, the negotiations were not going well, also that information about the Empire coming to hurt them from time to time made her anger flare inside, but she remained silent. It was like Ryloth, like most worlds around the Galaxy. Then Venge decided to break the negotiations. On one side she agreed with him, but the way he said it was very rude, on the other she wanted to help those people. Though she was not sure how. “And what exactly will the Alliance do?” she whispered to him.

TAG: @Kurisan @greyjedi125 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Venge Jedha
    Felucia

“And what exactly will the Alliance do?”

Red was getting spicy. He could detect the edge in her tone. Whether it was because of the Empire or something else, he wasn't sure, but he always preferred raw honesty in his dealings. Inwardly, he grinned- his face remained impassive however.

"Our job is to make our 'delivery' and inform them of anything of interest." He whispered back.

"We do our part, they do theirs. That's how this works." He let that hang between them for a moment.

"That doesn't mean we can't even the score just a bit in the process." This he said in a conspiratorial tone, though his expression did not show it.

"We thank the healer, then we go find this settlement. Now, please thank the nice healer, hmmm."

The large man glanced from Keia to Nyll, while being silently grateful that at least the doctor was keeping things running 'smoothly' more or less.

Getting their equipment fixed was first priority, however, sticking it to the Empire was a 'bonus' he eagerly sought after, especially if the 'little guy' could benefit from it.

This would be no different.

Tag: @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Marooned on Felucia

Keia listened as Nyll and Venge discussed their options. She frowned. Something was not right. She worked up the courage to speak.

"Wait. These people gave us food and water from the goodness of their hearts. They have a room full of casualties. They can't get nysillin - that's a healing agent, right?" she appealed to T'Rani. "We're not just going to walk away, are we?"

In case no-one else had caught up to her thinking, Keia said, "We've got a ship full of bacta tanks!"

TAG: @greyjedi125 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    T'Rani \ Felucia

T'Rani gave Keia a warm happy smile. "Yes, we do!! We'll share as much as you feel you need, Healer Dossis." She leaned close and whispered to Venge, "And figure a way to stick a hydrospanner or a thermal detonator in the Empire's plans on top of it."

TheAdmiral, greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Felucia

Venge could tell that Keia and Dr. T'Rani were pleased to have found a possible remedy to their troubles, but in reality, he could not share that level of optimism- because, being a realist was the only thing that allowed him to live another day. It wasn't pretty, but the truth often wasn't.

He would simply say it, that was the best way, but still keeping his voice down.

"Every moment we delay, someone suffers on our side for lack of bacta. Every portion you use here, takes away from someone else who was depending on our shipment."

Venge made sure to say these things as neutrally as possible- he hated to be the one to possibly crash their 'party', but that was his job. There wasn't right or wrong in this. There was just choice.

"I'll leave it to you two to decide. Feel free to barter bacta for information or anything else useful."

A rueful sigh escaped Venge's lips. There would be no 'easy answers' as long as the Empire continued to rule the galaxy.

And that end could not come fast enough.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  7. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Village Hall, Felucia

Keia sighed at Venge’s objection. He was correct, of course. The bacta was scheduled for a delivery, whereupon it would be divided up and packaged off to various war zones and humanitarian missions across the galaxy.

But being correct was not the same as being right. To Keia the matter seemed clear; what was the core reason for the Alliance’s existence if not to help people exactly like these Felucians, suffering directly from Imperial domination?

It was not about quid pro pro or negotiation, it was to do the right thing in the moment.

But she was a lowly transport crew, she did not have the rank - or nerve - to argue with the captain. Perhaps her viewpoint was too immediate and missed the “bigger picture”?

She exchanged a look with T’Rani and knew she agreed with her.

It would be up to the doctor to make the case and try and convince Venge, and maybe Nyll would be the deciding vote?

Dosiss seemed to recognise the moment of conflict amongst the visitors, and wisely remained quiet while it was resolved.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheAdmiral

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    T'Rani spoke quietly. "If we help the Felucians, any shortfall in the delivery can be made up with another mission, if not by the Galiceno, then some transport. However, if we don't make this vital repair, we won't be able to deliver the bacta to anyone, whereas if we help the Felucians to some degree, it might help them to eventually get out from under the Empire's choke-hold."

TheAdmiral, greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Felucia

With the rational part of her mind she knew that Venge was right, but there should be something that they can do to help those people, here and now? Then what he said made her almost jump from excitement and managed to restrain a grin. And then things went South again. She could see the merit in both sides of the argument. “I think we should help these people, as then our mission would be for naught.” Nyll started “Also there should be a way to hit the Imperial outpost. Maybe they will have some bacta, as well as spare parts that we can use?”

TAG: @Kurisan @greyjedi125 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

greyjedi125 and Kurisan like this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Felucia

For the briefest second, a shadow seemed to obscure Venge's countenance, and then it was gone. The large man nodded slowly in agreement with the words that were spoken. At the core, the group was in agreement. Help those wronged by the Empire, then stick it to them. This wouldn't be the first time Venge would do something 'alternative' when it came to orders, but he could not assume this was true for this group- that is- until now.

A very slight hint of a smile came to the corner of his lips.

"Let's do it." He said simply. There was no need for a speech.

"Keia, lets go over the map. We'll need to better understand the topography around the base." His head then turned. "Red, Doctor, see what you can do here." He pointed to the Felucians with his chin. Venge was always suspicious of spies and unknown variables, so he would keep an eye out for foul play; because he always expected foul play. But this group- they needed to know they were making a difference, and that would only happen through their actions and their consequence, both good and bad.

Tag: @Kurisan, @TheAdmiral ,@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  11. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Village Hall, Felucia

"Let's do it."

Keia grinned at Venge, pleased that the big man had come round to the thinking of the others.

Then he said, "Keia, let's go over the map. We'll need to better understand the topography around the base."

Her smile vanished. "I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it..."

She studied her map again. It wasn't there. She shook her head as Venge came close beside her and also examined the datapad.

[​IMG]

She said, "Maybe it's concealed - in the deep jungle? But that doesn't seem the style of the Imperials."

Dosiss cleared his throat. "The garrison? It's to the south-east, across the plains. It's underground - they inherited it from the Clone Wars. But... you'd be crazy to approach it!"

Keia nodded understanding. "So it wouldn't have come up on the scans. I hope they didn't spot us coming down..."

She thought of the unknown sensor ping from the hills. Also, a little problem that had been gnawing at her ever since they dropped out of hyperspace, since Nyll had asked about the trickle of leakage, again came to the fore as Venge had reiterated that they should not delay.

"Captain, I didn't want to say this in front of everyone, but... well... the fuel leak? The little puffs? They will leave a trail in space. Faint, of course... but if the Empire really looks hard for us, they might pick it up eventually. I don't know how long we really have here before that Star Destroyer turns up again..."

TAG: @greyjedi125

"Red, Doctor, see what you can do here," said Venge.

Dosiss gasped with relief as T'Rani smiled at him.

"Bacta will save many lives!" he said. "Please come with me..."

The Felucian took her into the casualty room. There were several with blaster burns, but others with blunt-force-trauma; they had been beaten with rifle butts. Besides, there were others with a variety of ailments of less sinister nature. A number were critical. It was a hospital without medicine. The bacta would indeed help them. T'Rani began to triage and Dosiss watched the Barolian do her work.

Dosiss said, "We are so lucky you came to us... I cannot thank you enough."

After a while, he said, quietly, "You know, we are not supposed to speak of them, but the others, in the hills, they might help you. They are dangerous, and I cannot in good conscience recommend you approach them. But they have no love for the Empire, it is true..."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

The Felucian woman called Agness started to clear up dishes as the group went to its different tasks. She noticed Nyll sitting there and narrowed her eyes. Agness had seen T'Rani going with Dosiss, had heard of their offer of bacta.

She wiped the table quietly. Then she eyed the crimson-skinned Twi'lek again and said under her breath, "The starship part you need, does it matter if it is really old and comes from a wreck?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    greyjedi125 and TheAdmiral like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    T'Rani defly worked with the injured, salving the wounds and easing the discomfort where she could. Dossis' comment about dangerous folk in the hills who could help ... "Dangerous, how?" she probed.
    @Kurisan

greyjedi125 and TheAdmiral like this.
  13. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Felucia

Nyll was grateful that she was to stay in the village. She would not be very useful with the bacta carrying, given how weak physically she was. Also her combat skills were not that good, to fight Imperials. Besides she did not want to venture back into that nauseating jungle. Then one of the Felucians made her snap out of it. “I think it should be fine, as long as it is working and be able to hold on until we reach safety.” she mused “What do you have in mind?”

TAG: @Kurisan

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Village Hall, Felucia

Venge let out a groan, despite himself. The fact that they had left puffy bread crumbs in space for the Empire to follow just added a much greater sense of urgency to their mission. Venge did not want to be on the ground should that Star Destroyer arrive on Felucia, but that also meant they’d place the beleaguered Felucians in danger- it made no difference if it was unintentional.

That could not be allowed to happen.

“Then consider us crazy.” Venge said with a bit more intensity than he'd meant.

“Do you know anyone that could get us into that garrison? Maybe a forager, a hunter, scout or even a droid?”

A meaty hand ran absently through the large man’s thick hair.

“Blast!! I’ll even take a hand drawn map if you have one. Helping us, helps you in turn.”

Venge gazed at Dosiss expectantly for a helpful answer. There was no way they had escaped an Interdictor just to get captured here. Venge simply refused to accept that as their fate.

Tag: @Kurisan ( @TheAdmiral, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha )

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    The Village Hall, Felucia

“Do you know anyone that could get us into that garrison? Maybe a forager, a hunter, scout or even a droid?” said Venge to Dosiss. “Blast!! I’ll even take a hand drawn map if you have one. Helping us, helps you in turn.”

Dosiss clasped and unclasped his four-fingered hands together, clearly distressed.

"It's away to the southwest, across the plains, beyond the Ogre Valley, you'll see it embedded into the side of a lone mount. I'm sorry... no-one that has ever been inside gets out again... we really are not the ones to help with this..."

T'Rani left with Dosiss for the room with casualties and Keia laid a hand tentatively on Venge's arm.

"Hey, Captain, they did help us - we can go recon it if you want." She sensed his anger rising and gulped, remembering the fate of his last co-pilot. "I'll go get the bacta from the Galiceno. Don't worry, it's not far and I know the way - I am a navigator. I'll bring it back on a grav-sled - Jasper can help. I need to check on Stunno and the other repairs anyway..."

* * *​

In the makeshift medbay, T'Rani looked at Dosiss after his mention of the others in the hills. She said, "Dangerous how?"

He gulped and lowered his voice further. "The usual way, with blasters. Look, I do not want to put you in a position where you have to lie; If you seek them out, do not tell them I lead you to them or gave away anything about them. If you can convince them, they may help you. If not... well, I warned you."

* * *​

Nyll said to Agness, "What did you have in mind?"

The Felucian woman hastened with her tidying up, not looking at the red-skinned Twi'lek. She harrumphed, clearly losing an internal argument with herself. She said, "There are wrecks, from the old Clone Wars, in the deep jungles. Maybe you could find one, there are others who know where they are... That's all I will say. We thank you for the bacta..."

Then she hurriedly left.

* * *​

OOC: @TheAdmiral @greyjedi125 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - you need to decide together what to do next. Keia is off back to the Galiceno now.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A preparatory combo post with @TheAdmiral & @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Venge, Nyll & Dr.T’Rani
    Felucia, Decisions

It was more than a good possibility that the Empire might be on their way to Felucia. At least that was what the conclusion the team believed after it was revealed that the ship’s leaks could be traced. If that was the case, then time was not on their side.

Keia
    had gone ahead to check on things aboard the Galiceno.

That left Venge, Nyll and Dr.T’Rani still on the field with a pending mission to finish.

They still needed a working stabilizer if they hoped to leave the planet and make their already delayed rendezvous with Rebel Alliance.

But what about the Felucians?

“Our first oder of business is finding the parts we need, preferably as soon as possible.” Venge stated as calmly as it was possible for a man beginning to feel the pressures of stress. “Any working stabilizer will do, I don’t care where it comes from.” He added, as a way of letting out some steam.

“I say we go into that garrison, get what we need and decommission it on our way out.”

He made a sound that seemed more like a mix between a huff and a chuckle, or both.

“But we all have to be on the same page on this. I am open to suggestions….”

That last part sounded desperate, that’s why it was likely true.

T'Rani gave a thoughtful nod at Venge's suggestion. "Risky but more likely to find it there while trying not to attract their notice, but if we neutralize them that will lead to the Felucians being safer now but perhaps will endanger them down the line if word gets back to the Empire ... Going to this unknown settlement where they might have a part we could use, time would be needed to enlist their help and they may not have the necessary part, which all goes to say -- I think the shorter solution is the one to take, given the time crunch."

She looked to Nyll for her input.

Nyll thought about what the Felucian had said to her "Agness mentioned some wrecks left from the Clone Wars. Maybe there is something that we could use?" she tilted her head quizzically. She was not sure whether or not they could be used at all, or even if they were in a working condition "I think it is worth a shot, though on the other hand I am all for hitting the Empire, even if it is a tiny pin-prick." she shrugged.

T'Rani said, "Yes, there's that. If we go after the wreck and find no working parts, or parts that need overhauling, then we would lose what valuable, little time we have. If it weren't for those pesky leak trails!"

"So, we go to the garrison, yes?"

Venge raised his hand. He didn't care how silly he looked or felt. They were all risking their lives and had to make a committed decision to a course of action they would not regret. He waited for both Nyll and T'Rani to follow suit, only then could the trio forge ahead fully committed to their goal. That's the level of commitment that Saw Guerrera instilled in his insurgents, that's the level of commitment that allowed them to succeed against all odds.

T'Rani paused for a moment then raised her hand as well.

Nyll shrugged "As you wish, though I have to warn you..." she grinned "I am not that good in a firefight." oh she could shoot, but mostly she had been dealing with pirates and other smugglers, who did not have an extensive military training. "Maybe we can send one to recon the area or go to one of the crash sites to check for the parts?"

T'Rani gave Nyll a sharp glance as if to say: "That's it!" She smiled. "Going to the crash site would be a very good compromise strategy," she put in thoughtfully. "I wouldn't expect those to be heavily patrolled, if at all."

Venge nodded slowly, taking it all in and weighing the possibilities, though there was not a lot of choices to be made.

"I will be going to the garrison." He stated in no uncertain terms. "I'll leave it up to you two to decide who goes to the crash site and who goes with me." For a moment, his gaze narrowed. "I don't much like splitting up." At that he sighed, holding back memories of former missions where 'splitting up' had gone horribly wrong.

"We'll need to be very careful in both cases."

With that he turned and took a few paces to give the ladies some space in order to reach their decision. Venge did take opportunity to look at his silent communicator. He was trying to decide if 'not' hearing from the ship thus far was a 'good thing' or 'bad'.

T'Rani's stomach clenced. Just the idea of splitting up didn't sit right. Too much could go wrong, even with communicators. Sending one of them off alone ... what if they got injured or attacked? She glanced at Nyll, awaiting her decision.

Nyll was thinking about the possibilities. On one hand reducing the strength of the assault force was not a good idea, but given that Venge is the only experienced warrior she doubted that they would be much help to him. "As much as I don't like the idea of going to the garrison I will go with you." she said finally "T'Rani can go to the crash site..."

T'Rani felt a momentary confusion at Nyll's sudden negation of her own suggestion. She suddenly had an idea, which would save a lot of perhaps fruitless searching; if Keia needed assistance, she would be on hand, as well.

"I think, perhaps my best course would be to return to the Galiceno and see how Keia is getting along and then if you retrieve the necessary part, we can move closer to your location, save time and throw off any trailing Imperials, hopefully."

Venge raised and eyebrow, shook his head lightly and bit his tongue in a smooth almost mechanical sequence. Time was going, but he would prefer to wait for a definitive concession, rather than make a hasty and ultimately regrettable decision. He had seen too many of those end in utter disaster.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Ogre Valley, Felucia

Venge and Nyll crept through the boulder-strewn plains southeast. Here was beyond the jungles and the sun beat down. The desert valley was aptly named. The boulders were as large as wampas and the shapes suggested lumpen beings.

They came to the end of the valley. The plains widened, but there stood the lonely mount, just as Dosiss described. It was a clear, exposed approach. The two Rebels took cover in the shade of one of the “ogres” and peered at the target.

Built into the side of the mountain, the base was a relic of the Clone Wars, but was still a formidable proposition. Entrance was by a wide cave mouth – part natural, part artificially widened. Gun towers and bunkers watched the approach. There were a few stormtroopers patrolling, but the general lack of activity confirmed Dosiss’ earlier contention that the garrison had been stripped back to skeleton crew.

Venge and Nyll noticed something else. The shimmer of an energy field. There was a shield also guarding entry. Any assault would need to physically penetrate this then blow the field generators the other side. You would need a tank. Possibly two.

And then, if you wanted to get deeper into the base, a unit of hardened troopers would likely be useful!

TAG: @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral

Felucian Village

T’Rani met with Keia as she returned from the Galiceno, pushing a grav-sled with several containers of bacta into the village. T’Rani performed a quick survey and confirmed environmental controls were all at normal levels. Keia slumped down, sweaty and exhausted.

“Stunno’s made good progress on the ship. We just need that part!”

Dosiss came out of the main hall and clapped his hands together. Several villagers came and transferred the precious containers onto their own trolleys.

“You have saved lives and prevented much suffering,” he bowed to the two Rebels. “How can we ever repay you?”

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Felucian Village]

T'Rani was relieved to see Keia return with the bacta supplies and to hear that Stunno had made good progress.

She then reconfirmed the bacta containers had not been breached from the recent narrow escape from the interdictor.

Dossis had the supplies transferred to trolleys and said:
    “You have saved lives and prevented much suffering,” he bowed to the two Rebels. “How can we ever repay you?”

T'Rani said thoughtfully: "You mentioned to me that there were settlers who might know of where we could get the part we need, and Nyll spoke about wrecks in the jungle that could also supply the part we need. Time is of the essence, so we need to know, do you have any knowledge of the latter and whether going there would likely result in retrieval of what we need and could immediately use? Also, do you have a guide or a map to either the settlement or the wreck site?" She paused. "Keia here needs some refreshment, too, if there's any food from our meal still?"

@Kurisan

19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Felucian Village

Dosiss looked at Keia and nodded. "Refreshments! Of course! Right away..."

And he waddled off as fast as his tortoiselike legs would carry him.

Keia sat up. "An old wreck? That would work. The core stabilizers are just big magnets really - as long as they're intact they never deteriorate in efficiency."

She looked around. "Where're the others?"

Dosiss returned with cool water and Keia gratefully gulped it down.

The Felucian addressed T'Rani's questions. "There are wrecks in the deep jungle - I'm afraid we never took note of exact locations. It is perilous there - rancors wander. You would be better with a guide, though it is not essential. We are not skilled in such matters."

He looked again to the hills where the strange sensor ping had come from. "If you go to them, you will have to convince them. Do not involve us, please."

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Felucian village]

T'Rani explained quickly to Keia: "Nyll and Venge went to the garrison to see if there are any parts there. I think, if you're agreeable, Keia, I'd like to have a guide take us to the wreck site? These settlers Dosiss is speaking of sound like they'd be a hard sell and we don't have the time to spare on diplomatic efforts." She smirked.

@Kurisan

greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Felucian Village

Keia gulped. "The captain went to an Imperial garrison!? Didn't we just leave that party?"

However, she nodded understanding. It was likely the Imperials would have starships there. And Venge was fearless.

She considered T'Rani's words and shrugged. "Sure, whatever you say. Finding a spare part on an old wreck seems a lot safer to me. But I think Dosiss is saying they cannot guide us. We'll have to try and find it ourselves in the deep jungle..."

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Felucian village]

T'Rani thought back over Dosiss' exact words and said, "You're right, Keia, that part of what he said just rolled right past me."

She pondered a long moment. "Dosiss, do you have a reliable map, if not an actual, local guide? And perhaps Stunno could help from the Galiceno with guidance and/or bio-readings so we can avoid the lurking predators?"

@Kurisan

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Felucian Village

Dosiss fidgeted and sighed. He watched the last of the bacta containers be carried away on their vital tasks.

He shook his head sadly. "I have no map, and I would never send another. But you have helped us, so I will help you. I will do my best to help you find a wreck in the deep jungle!"

He tried to stand up tall and brave, but the effect did not quite work that way. He gulped incessantly and his eyes blinked nervously.

Keia exchanged a long look with T'Rani. "Okaay. Well, the scanners are mounted on the Galiceno, but they won't pick up much with all the background life of the jungle anyway, and Jasper's no good. We don't have a proper bio-scanner except these..."

She pointed to her eyes and ears. She thought about it and said, "Maybe we should call Stunno, too?"

Still, she showed determination to tackle the task at hand, however the doctor orders...

greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Felucian village]

T'Rani favored Dosiss with a warm smile. "We are so happy to have helped! Yes, Keia, let's ask Stunno for help." She gave Dosiss for a brief span of seconds. "We would hate to put you at risk; it is our problem, after all. Thank you for offering to come along on what doubtless could be arduous."

@Kurisan

greyjedi125 likes this.
  25. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Felucia

Nyll was not happy with her decision, but she did not want to send the good doctor and the girl in a firefight. Even though she did not have that much military experience, she had been in firefights before, so her chances were better.

What they saw disheartened her. It was impossible. Even if the whole crew was there, it would have been impossible. They would have needed a whole platoon of Rebel soldiers and she doubted that the Alliance would bother with a backwater world like Felucia, unless they found something that they could use.

“So...” she started “What now?” she asked, her eyebrow raised.

TAG: @Kurisan @greyjedi125