main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Heart of a Mother" The Story of Beru Whitesun- - COMPLETED!!! Reader replies 01/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sache8, Jul 15, 2002.

1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    You're going to do a good job, Beru! He'll have lots of compassion and honor and all that stuff!! ;)

2. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    UPPPppp!!!!

:D

-~Dormé~-

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    YES! She's free! *dances around happily* That was beautiful! It was great how they had to dress just right so Watto wouldn't take horrible advantage of them. (Not that he didn't try, but still...) Excellent job with Watto...his manner, his words, all perfect.

OH! I'm so glad Shmi's free! :D I also loved the thoughts Beru had at the end about how she and Owen were the ones who were going to shape Luke into the man he would become. It is a scary thought, but a good one, isn't it?

4. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

~Obischick

5. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I agree Obischick.... UPPPPPPP!!!

:D :D :D

-~Dormé~-

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hi everyone! First, replies. Then, a status update.

Sebulba: "Guess it was just Cliegg and Beru's good fortune that Watto was down on his luck. " Good fortune? Or the will of the Force...... Hmmmn..... ;)

val solo: Thanks!

Admiral: *shrug* Well, if you ever do decide to write, be sure and let me know first!

Mariah: Thank-you. I did spend a lot of thinking time on that one. :D

Jedi_Liz: Thank-you!

lunita: Hiya Luney! Don't worry, plenty of baby Lukie on down the road! I know you'll enjoy that. ;) So will Mom, for that matter....

Miana: *joins in* Awwww...!!

Dormé: "I loved reading Beru's thoughts about Toydarians! Very amusing!" Actually, that was a little bit of me sneaking in there. Watto was my favorite CG character in TPM. I really think he's funny.

Mely: *waves back* Hi! And thanks! I don't blame you for picking this one instead. It's alot easier to catch up on. :)

DANA: Thank-you!

PROPHET: Yes, I'm trying to throw in little spurts of Beru's reflections on life in general, etc. To make it seem more like an actual journal, and not just a narration. It will get even more introsepective, I'm thinking, when we get past the stuff that's already happened to the point she's at now.

RebelMom: Lol. The "well-researched" part of your response was good enough for me. :D

Obischick: "When she started whining to Cliegg, I nearly burst into laughter thinking of Luke...". Lol! "But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters...." :D ;)

I hadn't thought of that! Lol!

Wilhelmina: Thanks for the comments and welcome! I'm glad you liked those two scenes and hope you enjoy some of the upcoming ones as well. I'm really enjoying the planning of them.

Malz: Michigan? Then we were neighbors for awhile! (I live in Ohio) :D

Emmi: Yeah, all that "stuff" should be pretty well instilled in Luke by the time Beru's done with him. Of course, it's easy for me to say that... since we all know how Luke turns out. ;)

Qwi: "It is a scary thought, but a good one, isn't it? . Yes, a good thought. Very sobering and awe-inspiring I should imagine. But then, I don't have kids, so it's just speculation on my part. What do you think, Qwi? ;)

Thanks for the Ups Dormé and Obischick!!!

Okay... I haven't written the new post yet, but it shouldn't take me long since I know exactly what I want it to be. However, I will not have a chance to write until possibly Monday night. If not, Tuesday night. So look for a new post roughly a week from now.

Thanks again, everyone!

Saché

And no, I didn't pick this color for the responses because I miss the old board colors. :D I just like the color.

7. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I love this story. [face_love]

I'm a Girl Scout leader.
    On Saturday I'll be leaving for London and Paris with my Girl Scout troop (Girl Guides). I'll be gone for 8 days. :D

While my daughter and I are on vacation my husband and son are going to the "Hutt" System. The Appalachian MT. Club Hut system that is. :)

8. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    *gasp* This was on page 6!!! Get back up there!
    We went through Ohio, Saché! :)

9. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    UUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!

~Obischick

10. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Saché8, I know what you mean! I like Watto too, especially in the scene in AotC when he's speaking with Anakin, I always laugh! :p

Okay, I'm ready for more.... NOW! :D

UPPPP!!!

-~Dormé~-

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!! My computer was in the shop for a week, and there STILL is no post? :_| ;)

UPPERS!

12. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    I feel exactly the same way Miana!

Only its: "I'm leaving until Friday and there is STILL no Post?" :_| :_| :_|

~Obischick

13. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Finally!

Admiral: Hope you have fun on your trip! I've always wanted to go to Europe. And my heart goes with your husband too. I was raised in the Appalachian's, so they're very dear to me.

Thanks for the ups everyone, and thanks for being so patient!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first impressions I ever had of Anakin Skywalker were through his mother?s eyes.

?Tell me about Owen,? she asked me, as we were packing her few belongings later that afternoon. Cliegg had gone to get fuel and supplies for the return journey.

I frowned a little in confusion. ?What, hasn?t Cliegg told you about him??

She laughed gaily. ?Of course, but that?s from the proud father perspective. I?m anxious to know what someone more impartial has to say.?

?Well you picked the wrong person then,? I said, shaking my head as I folded a tunic around some sensitive computer chips and placed it carefully in Shmi?s bag. ?Owen is my best friend, so I can hardly be impartial. What can I say? He?s serious and sensetive. He?s an honest hard worker.?

I paused to look at her more carefully. ?I can tell you one thing though, that Cliegg probably doesn?t realize. He?s really looking forward to having you in his life.?

Her face was thoughtful. ?Really?? She seemed almost?relieved. And eager at the same time.

?Did Cliegg tell you about Owen?s mother?? I asked, hoping that he had, because it wasn?t my business to tell her.

She hesitated before nodding slowly.

?I think?? I continued, ?Owen?s always been hurt by what happened. More than he would ever say. He?s very sensitive about his mother. He?s afraid that she left because of him. So? he?s hoping that he can make you love him.?

Shmi gave me an odd look as I said all this, but whatever was going on in her mind she tucked behind a secret smile and wouldn?t say.

I reached down and picked up a small single-holo projector from the desktop. Curious, I flicked the switch to activate it.

It was a holo of a small, tow-headed boy. He looked to be about seven standard years old when it was taken. He had a round face, and was wearing rough slave garb.

I looked up at Shmi, who was gazing on the holo wistfully, a small sad smile playing across her lips. I knew my face was asking the question my lips couldn?t seem to. Who was this boy?

?My son,? she answered calmly. ?Anakin.? She gently took the holo-projector from my hand and held it in her own, lifting up to eye level and gazing at it fondly. ?He?ll be about fourteen now.?

?He?s the one the extra room belongs too,? I blurted out, before I caught myself.

Shmi gave me an appraising glance, which reminded my quite forcefully that, as old and mature as I sometimes felt, I was still after all only thirteen. And therefore subject to a child?s mistakes and subsequent consequences.

My face was red with embarrassment at my snooping being discovered, but the awkward moment passed quickly, and Shmi did not mention it aloud.

?Yes,? she said instead. ?That was his bedroom. I store spare parts in it now. As well as his droid.?

She took me back into the little room again. The droid was still sitting on the back workbench. Again, his posture made me laugh.

She showed me a different holo. In this one he was a couple years older. The clarity was a little better, and showed his startlingly sky-blue eyes.

A shade of blue I have come to know very well in the last four years.

?This was what he looked like just before he left,? she told me. ?I haven?t seen him since.?

?Where did he go?? I asked. Fear was clotting in my stomach. If Anakin had been a slave as well?

But Shmi was smiling again. ?He was freed,? she said. ?By a Jedi Master who told me he was very strong in the Force. They took him away to become a Jedi.?

?A Jedi!? I breathed, amazed. Jedi were a thing apart from Tatooine. Of course I knew they existed, but it was beyond comprehension that they would ever have an impact on our lives.

?Yes,? she said. ?It was his d

14. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, short is better than overkill - but good nonetheless. :)

Excellent post - I loved Beru's reaction to Anakin's picture and the room and the droid. This story is getting very eenteresting. ;)

Mel

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    It's Threepio! Very nice scene Sache. I loved how Beru said that they don't know Anakin at all anymore. :)

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Yay!!! New post!
    That was cool!
    I agree with Lunetta about Anakin!

"As for my home, the future was somewhat more ominous."
    Whoa!
    The sentence is ominous too! :D

Great post Sache!
    God bless!

<3-Moose

17. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    Awwww, girl talk! :)

And talk about foreshadowing...

Nice post, Saché.

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    ooooooooooooh! That was a great post!

I forget.....what happened to Beru's mother?

19. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I'm really enjoying this. :)

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    All the good comments are already taken. I'll just say thanks :)

(Maybe when RL calms down, I can think again.)

21. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Nicely done. :) I was rather hoping we would see Shmi reminiscing about Anakin. This is very realistic--that's a big plus to any story.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aw, you didn't go into the wedding much... :( But hey, a post is a post!!!! :D

Great job, Sache! Can't wait for more!!!

23. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    That was wonderful, Sache. It was so great to see Anakin through Shmi's eyes...to read of Beru's first learning of him. I'm getting a lot of new perspectives on some rarely-seen lives in this story, and I love it. :D

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Twacks story back to the top*

De la premier! :D

25. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Oooohhh!! That was marvelous dear!! I really liked it a lot!

Beru and Shmi's talk shows a bit of a bond forming there. I just spent three days with three of my guy cousins, and it made me REALLY appreciate my sisters, so I think that maybe Shmi will really like Beru a lot. :)

I don't like that last line though, it means that something bad is going to happen. I can feel it. :(

Can't wait for more!!

~Obischick