main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Heart of the Innocent - Diary of a young boy OC - Completed 1-2-10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaidyn_Knightfall, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Sorry about not updating in forever. I started classes again last week, and somehow in the process of moving into my new place, my roommate and I forgot about getting internet services installed.:oops:[face_blush] So for right now, I'm using the library for all things internet-related, which is why I haven't updated until now.[face_shhh] Once things have settled down a bit, I'll be posting more regularly.:)

earlybird-obi-wan: I'm glad you enjoyed. Thank you for reading!

kataja: I'm glad that you like them as much as I love writing them.[:D] Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64:[face_laugh] That's one way to look at it! But don't let that get around, please...;) Thank you for reading!

--

Hi.

A bunch of new refugees came today. I wanted to see if there were any kids my age with them, but Rhysi told me to stay inside and not bother them. I didn't want to bother them, I just wanted to see if I could find someone to play with.

I also wanted to see if Master Tu'la was home, but Rhysi told me I couldn't. She hasn't been very happy lately, either. I asked her if she wanted to play house because that usually makes her happy, but she said isn't that what we're doing already and got even madder than she was before. I don't understand why she's being like this. I wish Mom would come back, but she probably won't. Not for a long time, anyway. As soon as I'm old enough, I'm going to take Rhysi and go find her so we can all be happy again.

--

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    poor kid staying inside and not having his mom.
    Who are the new refugees?

3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Oh, poor poor Rhyshi too! She's so much older so she understands all the problems, but she's still far too young to be able to cope with them yet. You say so much betweeen the lines! =D= Looking forwards to see the "larger picture" and how this will develop! [:D]

Good luck with your stuides and with settling in! I remember every year of student life being pretty chaotic, so I'm not sure you'll be able to post as regularly as you dream of ;) - but I'll be here eager to read when you do! [face_batting] Good luke with it all!

4. Arwen4CJ

Arwen4CJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2009
    Aw....this is such a cute story! I love how this little one asks questions and interprets the events and the people around her. Great job!

5. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    earlybird-obi-wan: You'll find out (at least partly) in a second... Thank you for reading!

kataja: I'm glad you're seeing Rhysi's part in all of this too. Jhaydan is the one I'm focusing on, but I'm trying to get at least some of Rhysi's side in there, too. Even if it is interpreted by eight-year-old eyes...;) Thank you for reading!

Arwen4CJ: Aww, thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the story! Thank you for reading!:)

I have the internet at my house now![face_dancing] So, as long as homework doesn't pile up, I should be able to post every week again. We'll see, though....[face_whistling]

--

Hi.

A girl my age came with the new refugees. Her name is Kalaina, and she told me that she's a princess and that her mom and dad are the king and queen of a whole planet. She said that they sent her here to the camp to protect her from bad men that want to kill her, and that her parents will come for her soon.

I don't think I believe her, but she is fun to play with. She plays spaceships with me, and I sometimes play house with her but mostly we play games like tag and chase and sometimes we have races. Sometimes I let her win, because she's not very fast.

I wanted to go see Master Tu'la today, but Kalaina wanted me to play with her, so I didn't.

--

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    New friends are always nice and good to see him being so nice to her.

Sweet update=D=

7. kataja

May 4, 2007
    This story always makes my day, it's so sweet! I loved to see Jhaydan sometimes play house with Kalaina - he's such a wonderful boy! A princess huh? Interesting. Most interesting.

"I don't think I belive her." That's so perfectly caught [face_dancing] - 'cos little boy as he is, he still belives her a little bit. :p A bit like if you tell kids that there are giants in the woods and they go "nooh!" but still get wide eyed. :p

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! =D= This story always gives me a warm glow. :D

9. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Sorry about not updating for a few weeks again. I've been busy with midterms for the past two weeks. Just one more to go! :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks! He's trying to follow his mom's advice to always be a gentleman. Let's see how long he can keep it up! Thank you for reading!

kataja: Yeah, little kids will do that, won't they? I can still do that to my brother, though, and he's almost seventeen...[face_whistling] [face_beatup] Thank you so much for your kind words and for reading![:D]

VaderLVR64: Aww, thanks! [face_blush] Thank you for taking the time to read it!:)

--

Hi.

Kalaina wanted me to play with her today, but I told her I was going to see Master Tu'la instead. She got really mad at me and told me I was abandoning her to a fate worse than death. I don't know what a fate is, but I can't think of anything worse than death, so I figured it was okay to leave her for a while. Besides, Master Tu'la was my friend first.

Master Tu'la was very glad to see me. We worked on making the spaceships fly around some more, and then he taught me some swordfighting moves using a couple of sticks. I think it's almost more fun playing with Master Tu'la than it is playing with Kalaina, but I don't think I should tell her that. She would probably be even madder, and I don?t want to make her mad. She is my friend.

--

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She has a crush on him:) But he is young and swords and space ships are more fun.

Nice update=D==D==D=

11. kataja

May 4, 2007
    "a fate worse than death" huh? ;) She has some sense of drama, that little one. A true woman-to-be. :p

I love Jhaydan's small problems, but so far they're not bigger than that he can solve them: "Besides, Master Tu'la was my friend first." [face_laugh] Children's logic's truly!

So, Master Thula is learning him sword fight? Interesting, most interesting. [face_thinking] I'm really curious where you will take this. But I must admit too that I'm so happy for all these lovely small posts so I just enjoy it even though not much might happen!

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry I have not posted here in a long while. I have been bogged down with DRL. :(

But I can say that I have been reading all of your updates and each of them brighten my day when I do :D

His logic reminds me of things that my little girl would say!

Keep up the awesome work!

13. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Yes!!! I'm actually updating on time this week!:D[face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan: Yep, I would say you're right in both respects.;) Thank you for reading!

kataja: I love children's logic. It makes you want to both laugh and hope they grow out of it at the same time.[face_laugh] 8-} I'm glad you're enjoying this story! Thanks for reading![:D]

CPL_Macja: That's okay. I completely understand about RL stuff.[face_tired] I'm glad you're enjoying the updates. It's always nice to hear that I've brightened someone's day. :) Thank you for reading!

--

Hi.

Kalaina and I played spy today. First we spied on the lady who lives next door, then we spied on Rhysi, then we spied on Master Tu'la. Spying on Master Tu'la was Kalaina's idea, and I didn't want to but she told me that I had to. No one around here is very interesting. The lady who lives next door folded clothes the whole time, Rhysi was washing dishes and all Master Tu'la did was sit with his legs crossed on the floor. He didn't move at all, and I'm worried about him. I want to go see if he's all right, but I'll have to tell him that I spied on him, and I don't want to do that. I don't think he'd be mad, exactly, but he probably wouldn't be very happy.

I'm glad that I have a new friend.

--

14. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Spying? Uh oh... That could go and get interesting... But if they spy the way I used to do as a kid everyone will know what they're doing anyway of course... :p
    I'm glad he has a friend too!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    playing spy;) The Master probably knows that he has been spying and glad he has a new friend.

Nice update=D=

16. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Yes! Second week in a row that I've posted on time!:D

kataja: Yeah, I ran into the same problem when I was younger, too.[face_laugh] I think all kids want to be a spy at some point in their life. And who can blame them? It's fun! Thanks for reading![:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: I think so, too. ;) Thank you for reading!

--

Hi.

Rhysi found out about us spying on people, and told me that I couldn't do it anymore. I asked her why not and she told me that gentlemen did not spy on people. I asked her if Jedi ever spied on people, and she said that she didn't know. I'm going to ask Master Tu'la and see if he knows. He probably will, because he told me that a long time ago, he knew a lot of Jedi. I wish I knew a lot of Jedi. I didn't even know my brother and sister who were Jedi, so that doesn't count.

I'm going to get Rhysi to tell me more about Dad and my other brothers and sisters. I think she'll tell me if I ask her nicely and help her make dinner.

--

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely "gentlemen don't spy on people"
    ta dum ta dum;)
    He should hear about Jedi spies

Nice update=D=

18. kataja

May 4, 2007
    "Rhysi found out about us spying on people, and told me that I couldn't do it anymore."Oh no. I suddenly remember how hard it was being a kid!!! [face_laugh]

His brothers and sisters were Jedi too? Interesting [face_thinking]

"I'm going to get Rhysi to tell me more about Dad and my other brothers and sisters. I think she'll tell me if I ask her nicely and help her make dinner."Smart kid! He's going to go far...;)

As lovely update as always!!! [:D]

19. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    Yes! Managed to update on time again!:D

earlybird-obi-wan: Aww, thank you! He will, kind of.;) Thanks for reading!

kataja: Yeah, when you're young, your parents and/or older siblings always find a way to spoil your fun. :p And yes, two of his siblings were Jedi.:) Thank you for reading![:D]

--

Hi.

I accidentally told Master Tu'la that I had spied on him. I asked him if Jedi ever spied on people, and he told me not if it could be helped and asked me why was I asking. I told him about spying the other day and that Rhysi said gentlemen did not spy on people, and if Jedi were gentlemen then they couldn't spy on people. He told me that sometimes Jedi had to spy on people, but they never spied on people just for fun and that I shouldn't either. I told him I was sorry for spying on him, and he said it was okay. I'm very glad he's not mad at me, and I'm glad he's okay, too. I didn't want him to be hurt.

--

20. kataja

May 4, 2007
    LOL Small things can be pretty grand at that age. He's SO sweet!!![face_blush]
    So, he didn't tell Master Thula about his siblings? But perhaps he already knows... [face_thinking]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    for a little boy all is real;) And he is just lovely in his diary=D=

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I really love your OC. He sounds like a boy we might all know and love; he's real.

Lovely! =D=

23. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Nov 18, 2008
    kataja: Yes, they certainly can be![face_laugh] Between the Force and Jhaydan's tendency to not keep secrets very well (what little kid is good at keeping secrets?...), Master Tu'la at least suspects about Jhaydan's siblings.;) Thanks for reading![:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you! Yes, pretty much everything seems real to little kids.:) Thank you for reading!

VaderLVR64: [face_blush] Aww, thank you! I always try to make my characters seem real and not like cardboard cutouts of people. It's great to know that I'm succeeding.:) Thank you so much for reading!

--

Hi.

I asked Rhysi to tell me more about Dad and all my other brothers and sisters, and she did. She remembers them a lot better than I do. She told me that Dad was a fighter pilot who was killed in battle right after the evil Emperor took over, and that my brothers who were fighter pilots were killed then also. My brother and sister who were Jedi were killed when all the Jedi were killed. Rhysi doesn't remember them at all because they weren't allowed to come see us, but Mom told her a little about them a long time ago. Rhysi says that I look like Dad, but I don't know if I do or not. Mom never said anything about how he looked, so I don't know. I'm glad Rhysi told me more about them, but I wish Mom could have told me instead. I want Mom to come back.

--

24. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Oh this is heartbreaking!
    "I'm glad Rhysi told me more about them, but I wish Mom could have told me instead. I want Mom to come back."
    Poor little kid!!! He gets what he thinks he wants only to realize what he truly wishes!
    :( :_|

"Mom never said anything about how he looked, so I don't know. "And will he ever know? Poor little Jhaydan!!!

Great, great update as always!!!

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Will mom come back:_| He is missing her so much.

Great update=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.