main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heir to the Empire - Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lord_Darth_Angelus, May 21, 2019.

1. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Lord_Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Releasing on Youtube at 9pm BST. Tonight.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm really looking forward to watching this. I see you have got Robert S. Benjamin back as Thrawn which is great, he was amazing in Imperials. I'm excited to see more of your Ruhk too (remind me who he killed at the end of Imperials?). I am wondering though what happened to Captain Auriga, whom I thought was taking the place of Pellaeon in your stories (from the picture, it looks like iClone needs improved big Pellaeon style moustaches btw[face_laugh]).

How will you do the voices of the original characters, or are you planning to tell the story purely from Thrawn's point of view?

3. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    Thankyou so much!

It was great to bring Robert back, he captures Thrawn so well. This time he decided to mix in his previous performances with Lars Mikkelsen's in Rebels. I think that worked rather well.

I have more stories planned for the Imperials characters that take place between when that story finished and Heir to the Empire. However, I was really wanting to see how this scene would look if it was in video form. So far I've not decided if I want to adapt the rest of the book (okay, I do want to do it, it's just an insane amount of work and then of course there are two more books). Telling the story just from Thrawn's perspective is an interesting idea, but I think I'd want to adapt the whole story. I'd have to find people who can do good Han, Luke, Leia, Lando etc voices.

As for who Rukh killed in Imperials, it was one of the Imperial Governors trying to claim the throne for himself.

4. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    video wont play :(

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Works on the youtube website.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  6. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    ohh ok.. cool i'll check it out.

edit: ok thats pretty cool. The audio sounds a little muffled but i love the look. I can't wait to see Luke and the gang. This could truly be an epic fan film if done right. the look is there so far. i'd be willing to do voices if they could use me in any way.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  7. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    I'm not sure why Chapter 1 didn't play for you here but I'm glad you did get to see it. You won't have long to wait to see Luke and the gang, 4th October 10pm BST/5pm EST

8. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This is very cool! I'll be watching your career with great interest. ;)

9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Beautiful work, looking forward to chapter 3!

10. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Have been rereading HTTE now, and, well, I do like this guy's attention to detail!

11. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    Thankyou everyone!

I felt like it was important to get as close as possible to the book, although not everything that works on page works well in video. Early Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings are my inspiration on how to strike a balance.

Chapter 3 is underway.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    Chapter 3 is complete! Releasing on 16th December, 10pm GMT/5pm EST

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    More excited for this than any official Star Wars content! Karrde looks great (I like that he looks a bit younger), and Mara's silhouette in the doorway there =P~. Can't wait.

14. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    The wait is over, you can watch it now in my previous post :)

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  15. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    Chapter 4 incoming! It will be released Wednesday 26th February, 10pm GMT, 5pm EST!

16. Darth Fandom

Darth Fandom Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2019
    Wow! This adaptation is getting even better in every episode! The animation is some of the best I've seen. Your work has developed so much from that original Falling into Darkness animation back in 2002. Thanks for making such awesome stuff and keep up the good work!

17. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Just checked YouTube....

Releasing 29th April! That's this Wednesday! Can't wait, especially since this chapter's going to introduce Fey'Lya, Ackbar and Mothma.

18. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    From yesterday: Message from the Director - May the Fourth.

There's also this section on Darth Angelus' Ko-fi account with character models.

19. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    You beat me to posting these!

However, I can still share this :)

If anyone wants to grab a copy to download and print themselves, here's a link.

[​IMG]

TCF-1138 and Darth Fandom like this.
  20. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Ah, thanks! I only just found the poster when you uploaded it. By the way, there's a couple of things I wanted to ask you. Mind if I PM you?

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I love it!
    That is still my favorite SW book cover - wonderful homage!

Darth Fandom likes this.
  22. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Actually only realised the scar on Han's chin now... What great detail to the character models!

23. Lord_Darth_Angelus

Apr 15, 2005
    Thankyou! It's one of my favourites too and it feels good to have a giant printed copy on my wall :D

Please do :)

Darth Fandom likes this.
  24. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Just watching it now:

Can't wait to see what happens!

25. Darth Fandom

Oct 14, 2019
    Okay, I just watched Chapter 6 and I am speechless. Watching it is like watching an official adaptation! The voice acting, anination and everything is just amazing! Best chapter yet. Also, is it just me or is the pink alien at the 04:30-ish mark one of the Coruscant anti-Empire protestors from Imperials?