main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Hello Everyone!! St. Louis FanForce - alive and well?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Just wanted to greet all my fellow fans, especially those who are visiting these new FanForce digs here at the Jedi Council, using Snowboards.

I hope that everyone who was part of our previous forums gives this a try. And instead of being down about anything that may need improving, let's make suggestions to those who make this site possible for us, and we can all work together to have the best community possible.

For those who never visited FanForce at its former site, especially those who are near the St. Louis metropolitan area, please - hang out, post a message, post a question, get to know us, and give us a chance to get to know you. Wouldn't it be loads of fun to meet other people just as crazy about Star Wars as you are? Maybe even crazier? People that won't look at you like you're insane when you throw a quote from the movies into a casual conversation?

Well, I for one think it would be great. Chicago and Minneapolis have active groups that meet for book discussions, go to movies together, play Star Wars games, and lots of other fun stuff. I had the opportunity in October to meet up with some of these folks at WindyCon, a Sci-fi convention held in Chicago annually, and I had a blast!! It would be really nice not to have to drive 350 miles to hang with a bunch of cool SW fans.

Anyway, that's my two cents!

Hope to see lots of posts on this forum.

That's all for now!

------------------------------------
    jedigal / Stephanie Blum / near Overland, in St. Louis County, Missouri
    "If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."
    "What was I thinking?"

2. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, I'm here... Its going to take some getting used to... Oh, well. How is everybody?

3. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hi, Darth Athena! Glad to see you here.

Me I'm not doing well, but it's home stuff, nothing to do with the site. I've got some suggestions to pass on to the admins, but nothing big.

How are doing? Finals time yet? Christmas break soon? Wish I could get a nice long break off of work. Oh, well.

Not much time to chat now. Busy tonight. Will post more tomorrow.

4. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Welcome to the new place, St. Louis! :D

I was gonna put up the first post here (we need the Mad Libs going again!) Sunday night, but figured I'd be nice and let one of the natives do it. ;>

Everyone take care of yourselves!

Thom
    "Can you speak Bocce?"

5. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, I just turned in the 3rd out of 3 big papers I had to do, though this one was a the biggest (6-8 pages on Slaughterhouse-Five for history). Other than that, finals are coming up the week after next, and I only have 3 or 4 meetings of each class left.

But on the bright side, everyone at work is getting a 25c raise! And since my 6 month evaluation is coming up, thats another chance for a raise!

6. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for being patient with us Stardreamer! Didn't realize the new forums would be up early. By the time I knew about it last night, I needed to get to bed, not stay up posting. Not that that has always kept me from posting in the middle of the night before.

And, ya know, I love Mad Libs too. I may get that started by end of day. I'll try to pick out some good quotes.

Darth Athena, good to hear you've gotten your papers in, those are always hard work. Myself, I always did them at the extreme last minute. Or later. Not surprisingly, my high-school grades left something to be desired.

Congratulations on the raise! That is always good. Especially at this time of year. Hope you get your other raise too. That's the important one, the one that you earn yourself.

I wish we had enough people here in StL to have a party. I had so much fun at WindyCon in Chicago with the Chicago Force folks. Oh, well, all good things to those who wait, I guess, and I'm gonna be here whenever all the rest of the fans finally decide to show up.

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Welcome to the new digs, St. Louis.

Phil

8. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks Phil! Good to see you posting around the new digs! Still looking for Le_Penguin to show up! Hope he does.

9. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Nice digs, jedigal!

10. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks MJS! I've had some help with the decorating! You might notice I like to copy my friends' threads! My friends in CF and MF that is.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. I've made a few special modifications of my own.

11. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Hey, new guy here. Been hanging out at TF.N forever and just noticed this place. Anybody else here from the Metro-East (Belleville myself)?

Anyway, nice to get to know everybody else.

Catch ya later,
    Steve "Steel Lepp"

12. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I think Steellepp makes either 5 or 6 of us now! Woohoo!!!

13. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I told you that you'd get more people eventually.... :D

Thom

14. 1800CallAWookie

1800CallAWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2000
    OK, let's resurrect this topic a little bit, shall we. I really like the idea of a fan group here in my good ol home town.

I live in South County and am in college...almost 21 (in March). Anyway, just thought I would say hi, and ask if anyone here reads comics too.

OK, talk to ya later.

J

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey CaW - I read a few. But if you want to swing by the Chgo forum and try to hook up with JediAutobot, she'd love you! She's a HUGE comic collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. 1800CallAWookie

Oct 23, 2000
    Thanks, I will...anybody know a good place to get comics?

17. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey, CallaWookie! Yes, another person climbs on board in St. Louis. Welcome to FanForce. Please stick around, post often, and if you get bored with the St. Louis board b/c there's only a few of us, I've met (online AND also inperson) some really cool SW FanForce folks at the Minneapolis and Chicago forums, check them out too!

I have never gotten into comics before this, but I have started collecting the SW comics, kind of started as a way of branching out from the novels.... I actually hope this does NOT get me started on a bunch of other comics, b/c I have too much stuff I spend money on already! However, the S-Men movie really intrigued me....

18. 1800CallAWookie

Oct 23, 2000
    I think you will be perfectly happy with just sticking to SW comics...and though you may be a little disappointed with some, in my case, I just stick with them since they are part of the story. Oh well, just my opinion.

19. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I hate this time limit on editing!

X-men movie. X (not S). Geez.

You might think a legal secretary should be a more accurate typist. But the typing speed tests allow you to make mistakes, you just have to also correct them. Easy to do - ON A WORD PROCESSING PROGRAM!!!! Not on these forums though. Computers make your typing worse! Unless you never learned to type until AFTER computers. Oops. Showin' my age again. Damn! Oops. I mean Darn! Heck in a handbasket, now I gotta put a quarter in the "Cussin' Jar"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.