main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by StardustSoldier, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Hey there. My name's Ian. Proud Star Wars fan here since I was around eight years old (am 29 now). It all started when my father took me to see the 1997 re-releases of the original trilogy, and since then I've seen every new film as it came to theatres, a tradition I hope to maintain. I've enjoyed all the films and TV shows so far. There's very little of Star Wars I genuinely don't like. I think the only thing I could've done without was the Holiday Special. [face_chicken]

Looking forward to The Rise of Skywalker!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @StardustSoldier !! Or Ian, its up to you what we call you here!! So you loved the OT, well done, as a child it captivated me as well. You are a true fan if you can embrace all Star Wars, the movies, books, legends, cartoons.....everything. Its escapism!!! I too see the movies at midnight sessions etc!!!

Nothing more needs to be said about the Holiday Special!!

What brought you to us? What do you want to talk about most?

Do you game? RPG? Write? Draw? So many options here!!!

3. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Welcome @StardustSoldier! Hope you enjoy your time here.

I would encourage you to check out the WNU (Welcome New Users) Interview Thread, which is where we interview new and old members. It should be handy for getting to know people and feeling more comfortable around the boards. :)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh and 'WNU Adoptions are pinned al the top here!! If you feel you need someone to guide you around the boards, I KNOW someone would love to have you as their sidekick here! Great way to make friends!

5. StardustSoldier

Jun 24, 2019
    @Adalia-Durron: Either Ian or StardustSoldier (or Stardust or Star) is fine. As for what brought me here, even though I've been a fan for such a long time, this is my first time ever joining a Star Wars forum. There's this Land Before Time forum I joined several months ago (my first time joining a forum in many years), and I've had such a fun time with the community and getting to know people, it motivated me to seek out a similar experience for Star Wars. So I searched "Star Wars forum" one day and it led me here. My other motivating factor is that I know very few SW fans in person; I'm the only fan of my immediate family, and I don't have many SW friends or in my distant family either, so I wanted to find more people I can discuss the franchise with. More people who "get it." :)

For what I'd like to talk about, the films and TV shows are what interest me the most, although I'll still check out the rest of the forum as well. Writing, drawing, and video gaming are all hobbies of mine; writing most of all. I've been an avid writer for many years.

@Khalia Octa: Thanks for letting me know about that. I think I would be interested. I'll send you a PM shortly.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Writing huh? I used to write a heap, these days its more RPG....where I get to live in the SW galaxy at least in my mind!

I too have a few fans in my RL world, but here is where I find the passionate ones, they are rare.........and they are such fun because they don't judge when you talk the talk, just join in with you!!!

Made some of the best friends on this board, and some have become relatives............. ;)

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome Mr Stardust! You've already found the adoptions thread. Kudos there! I'm late to the game here too. Just have one thing to add. Your dad introduced you to Star Wars? As a dad, myself, I gotta say: good dad!

Let us know how we can help.

Oh, and Khalia mentioned it already, but, feel free to throw your name into the "Interview" thread list. We'd love to interrogate... uh... interview you.

8. StardustSoldier

Jun 24, 2019
    Thanks. I would love to be interrogated interviewed.

Yep. It's a bit surreal to think about, and it's something I often forget, but my dad is indeed the one who introduced me to Star Wars. The funny thing is that I'm still a fan long after he lost interest in the franchise. When we went to go see The Force Awakens together at the theatre, I enjoyed it but he didn't, and then we got into a very heated argument about it in the car ride back home.

But oh well. He did his duty as a parent by introducing me to something wonderful. Thanks Dad.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I just sent you a PM about adoptions, :) but I thought I’d officially post a greeting here.

All good parents should introduce their younglings to SW.

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    A lot of SW fans lost interest after the PT, too. But more fans came in the front door as they were leaving out the back. This has happened before. It will happen again.

11. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello all,

Welcome @StardustSoldier

I hope you feel right at home here and find like minded fans in these halls.You mentioned that you enjoyed writing and Rping; Hence, I would encourage you to visit our Role Playing Forum ( RPF ): https://boards.theforce.net/categories/role-playing.10828/

Take a peek at your leisure and see if there's anything that catches your interest.

For a fun community experience, I'd say visit the Expanded Universe Community (EUC): https://boards.theforce.net/forums/eu-community.10194/

I was flying casual when I noticed this and thought to put in my 2.5 cents.

May the Force be with you,

grey

[face_peace]

EDIT:

P.S: Will you be getting Jedi Academy: Fallen Order later in the year?

12. StardustSoldier

Jun 24, 2019
    @Lady Belligerent: Thank you for the warm greeting. I'll check out your PM shortly.

@DarthIshyZ: I've noticed that too, that a lot of older fans were turned off by the Disney era, or else they just didn't care any more. For me, it was almost the opposite. The Disney era rekindled my fandom. Not that I was ever not a fan, necessarily, but after Revenge of the Sith, there were no new movies for a long time, and for a while I didn't think about Star Wars as much. (There was the Clone Wars, but I didn't get into that until later on.) Even when Force Awakens was coming up, I was starting to get burnt out with all the hype. But then I saw it and thought it was great, and suddenly it was a more exciting time to be a Star Wars fan than it's ever been. =D=

@greyjedi125: Thanks. The role-playing is something I might be interested in. I'll check it out. As for Jedi Academy: Fallen Order, unfortunately I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One (I'm mostly a Nintendo guy), but the game does look interesting.

13. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Hey @StardustSoldier, welcome to the best Star Wars forums on the internet and a place for wholesome, mature discussion - I know this from experience, having permanently quit Facebook and temporarily left Twitter within the past 9 months... :p

Hope you have a good time here! =D=

14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry I am late to the party, but welcome aboard the JCF.

15. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I’m late to the party too! But it’s also my first party with this message board!

Welcome, fellow youngling! I did heaps of writing as well, but it morphed to role playing with the OUAT fandom. Oye, what a black-hole that was!

Sounds like you’re creative with your hands...while typing... because words and imagination. ;)

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the forums!

StardustSoldier likes this.
  17. StardustSoldier

Jun 24, 2019
    Thank you everyone!

QueenSabe7 and Adalia-Durron like this.
  18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Yes! That D23 sizzle reel... [face_hypnotized] Still processing...

Welcome to the JCF, Stardust. Happy posting! :)

19. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy it here :)

20. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello @StardustSoldier and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.