main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from Canada! - Lunchtime meet Sat 13th May 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by echosevin, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    The 12th sounds good to me. The pub sounds even better to me. Making new friends sounds the best though. [:D]

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    12th is fine by me, after all my projects and presentations :)

3. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    argh I'm on duty working late shift 2pm til 10pm that night...........

!PANTS!

:(

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Has anyone suggestions for pubs?

I know a few good ones

Ben Crouches - although can get rather loud and is just of Oxford St
    http://www.eeriepubco.com/pub.php/ben_crouches/

Cittie of York - Holborn, this one is ok, it is more old style pub and doesn't have music so much easier to hear people lol

Gordon's Win Bar - near Charing Cross
    http://www.gordonswinebar.com/

I think though really a Friday night is going to be busy and loud at all pubs.
    Anyone know any others?
    I know LSQ has quite a few around there. Also Knight's Templar which is Holborn again and a Wetherspoons, again think there are some varieties of them around LSQ.

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the suggestions Jeannette. I was thinking that the busy and noise factor could be a slight spanner in the works. They always seem to turn the music up in the evenings too making it even harder to talk :p

I was contemplating making it a Saturday lunchtime meet instead of Friday evening, but I realise that may not suit Yrol's tight timetable and may mean Koren might not be able to make it. If however that wont cause anyone any problems just let us know. We could maybe even show you where the important sites are, like Forbideen Planet and Hamleys :D
    If it does cause problems though, we'll stick with the friday evening plan and try to find somewhere a bit more pratical ;)

6. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Wetherspoons don't have music although any pub in central London is going to be loud on a Friday night ;)

Ones where I am maybe a bit quieter though as it is central but it is the business end so most people seem to travel home. The Cittie of York is normally a place where you can talk, or at least it is when I go there ;)

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm really, really sorry Yrol but something has cropped up on Friday which means I and a few others who planned to attend can't make it on Friday evening. Therefore would it be possible to squeeze us in around lunchtime Saturday instead? :)

Again I'm sorry to be a pest and hopefully you have an open window in your tight schedule for us still.

8. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Please Yrol, please. We love you...[:D] . lol

9. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    I wont be able to attend cos Im working. Koren will still be going though (I think).

10. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Yep, I certainly will be.

11. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hey guys,
    sorry it's taken me awhile to respond. I was preoccupied as our beloved Flames hockey team was in game 7 last night (literally a sudden death match) ....and we lost horribly. In fact, the team failed to show up for the game :mad: It was horrible to watch -they were awful :_| . So now I'll have to pull for Ottawa to take Lord Stanley's Cup... but enough about hockey....

Our plan for Saturday was to spend the day at the British Museum, soaking up all the wonderful Egyptian history. But let me check if the museum is open on Sunday - if it is, we can postpone to then and meet up with you on Saturday afternoon. We can shop all day Saturday - and having a personal tour of Hamley's and Forbidden Planet would be wonderful!!!:D

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Good news, the British Museum is open on Sunday. See here for times: Opening times and info
    :D

Thank you so much and so sorry for mucking about with your timetable, but I'm really pleased we can still manage to meet for lunch and shopping. I will get working on that map for you and will do my best to find a good meeting point for us ;)

Sorry about the ice hockey match :(

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Terrific! Thanks for looking that up, Lord-Tice :) A Saturday full of shopping and new friends it is! After Tuesday May 6th, I won't have access to a computer, so hopefully all the details will be settled by then. I'll keep checking.

Yes, the entire is city is pretty morose today. Our hopes have been dashed. But now onto the rest of the play-offs. Go Ottawa!!=D=

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The maps have been sent!! :D

I've suggested to Yrol that we meet outside the Odeon cinema, Leicester Square at 12:00pm on Saturday 13th May

I'll have a Yoda strapped to my bag so that we're easy to spot ;)

I also believe it's the FA Cup final that Saturday, so it may be a bit more quiet.

15. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Blast, Im away on my D of E hike/camp all fri/sat.

Have fun tho guys.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for the maps, Matt! They're great :)

I'll keep my eyes out for the Yoda and so you know what to look for, I'll be wearing at black t-shirt that says 'Sith Girl' on the front ;)

Off to meet Peter Mayhew in a few hours...I'm SO EXCITED!! [face_dancing] =P~ :D

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Glad you like the maps :D

Maybe Koren will come in her scout trooper costume too, then you'll have no chance missing us ;)

So who's definitely coming??

Me & Koren will be there, and hopefully darth-dom. Are you 100% Jeannette??

Anyone else??

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I'm there, don't have money to, but I'll be there anyway :p

(thank god for monthly bus pass ;) )

19. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'd love to meet up, but not sure I can make this Saturday though.

Can I suggest that you look up www.londontown.com and also www.totallylondon.com

You can visit the TKTS office in Leicester Square opposite The Radisson Edwardian HAMPSHIRE hotel and pick up free LONDONTOWN.com maps also.

Also, check out The Cinema Store and Cinema Book Store in Upper St Martins Street just off Leicester Square, well worth a visit.

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for the tips Kassy! Will certainly check out those sites.

Can't believe I'm leaving in just a few hours!! [face_dancing] This will be my last post, so I'll see you guys on Saturday! Can't wait to meet you all!

21. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Oi Templar and DarthArsenal! Why aint you guys coming? Eh eh eh? 8-}
    Just think, they've come a hell of a lot further away than we have.

22. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    Kiz I'd love to come but I'm 'late turn' (2pm to 10pm) at work!! :(

And it's the one weekend a month I have to work as well!!!!!!!!

:( :( :(

23. Kiz-Joa_Janall

May 14, 2005
    Never mind Ray, I'm sure I'll have a drink for you. lol
    There's no better time than the next time. [:D]
    (Have fun at work hehehe)

24. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Guys, sorry I can't be there with you, but please have a drink for me.

Also, check out

Have fun

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The meet went very well yesterday :D
    Yrol and her husband Rob were great and so far have really enjoyed London. We made the mistake of taking them to Forbidden Planet though, so the credit card bills might not make for pretty reading ;)

When they get back they'll be posting the group pictures they took.

Sorry you couldn't make it Steve and Ray. The next meet is planned for June 2nd (the Woman in Black theatre meet).

And finally hope Yrol and Rob enjoy Spain and have a safe and pleasant trip back to Canada :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.