main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Hello from Springfield!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    /wave

Hi! I was interested in starting a Springfield Fan Force chapter and was wondering if you all could give any help, advice, ideas, whatever. I'll be reading up on the Fan Force requirements later on when I get home from work and such but I wanted a 'different point of view' so to speak. Have a great day!

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Which Springfield are you talking about? MO, or IL?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Nikana-, I can help you out with that. The MO or IL question is an important one. Have you posted in the Midwest regional discussion thread yet? That would help let people know that there is an interest and help find more.

4. lost_meteor

lost_meteor Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    I'd be interested in that too. Like i said in my "hi i'm mike" post in the new people thread, I'm currently in IL, but i'm going to transfer down to a college around St. Louis. pretty soon hopefully :)

5. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    My bad!! Springfield Missouri! Hehe, I sometimes forget there are other 'Springfields' in the country.

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Nikana-, I'm currently at SMS here in Springfield and would be more than happy to help you get started. I don't know if I'll be here next semester, so you might want to look into it soon.

EDIT: joeryanastro is my roomate, is somewhat interested in Star Wars and might be interested too. Between the three of us, that's enough to officially start a fan force.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If the there are three of you I will start a new forum. Just let me know if your roomie is interested Jon.

8. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Starting a FF in Springfield sounds like a great idea even though it is still far away from here. Too bad there isn't one for little old Jefferson City

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    He says he might be interested, but he rarely posts. Plus he's not the most social person and I think going to fan force meetings is kinda a requirement. So don't count him in quite yet. Nikana- I have a few other friends that might be interested. I'll check with them when I see them next.

10. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Wow, I'm really happy to see some interest! I'm sure my brother and at least one or two of his friends will be interested as well. I'll get my bro to post :) and thanks a bunch Jedi_Dajuan!

11. Kantorak

Kantorak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hi, I'm Nikana's brother. I am interested in going in on this with her. thanks for the support.

12. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    My brothers friends will be posting sometime soon. I'm really looking forward to getting this rolling :)

13. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Springfield's is a little under 100 miles from where I live, but it's close enough. I'd like a chapter to be started there. And for the rest of the Ozarks as well.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, that's at least three, so I'll start the board and link it here. I'll make it Springfield because that's where the most people are centered. Give me a little bit, I've never made a board before :)

Edit: Well that was easy! Have fun and let me know if you need anything. I'll be checking in on you often, as it is my job :) With Jon in there, a seasoned FanForcer, I'm sure you'll do fine though.

15. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Wow thanks!! Looks like we're on our way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.