main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello from the USA!

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by I_Five, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Five

I_Five Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jenny Braun. I'm from Minnesota here in the USA [face_flag] . I'm a member of the Minnesota Force (and also the RL & 501). Jase (from the RL in England) gave me a link to your boards since I'll be on vacation in Scotland in early December. He said you guys are a great bunch, and I was wondering if you had any events planned? I'd love to meet up with some other fans while I'm in town!! I'll be in the Glasgow/Edinburgh area and traveling up to Inverness (hey...gotta look for Nessie [face_laugh]) So let me know if you have anything planned (costuming, social get together, etc.) I'd love to meet all of you:).

Jenny

PS...if you want to ever check out what the Minnesota Force is up to check out our boards http://mnforce.yuku.com/bmnforce :D!

2. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Hi Jenny

I don't know if there'll be any meets at that time as things in FF Scotland are a little stale to say the least, however if not, my wife (who is from New Jersey) and I would be happy to hang with you sometime in Glasgow when you are here!

Just drop me a pm if you feel that would be ok for you! :)

George

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Depending on my time and money I might be persuaded to make a trip up. Would be nice to see some of the FF Scotland guys again, too. I still owe JED1 a tenner :p

4. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    EARLY december? can you no stay for Hogmanay?
    my band is playing George Sq after the bells... it'll be a riot

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    It'd be great to see you, Sie! [face_peace]

6. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    I think we should try to do this, since the last meet was just me & Gordy we're due a proper get-together.

7. I_Five

I_Five Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Wow...thanks for the warm welcome!!! Unfortunately I won't be in town for Homageny :_|

Right now our schedule looks to be to arrive in Scotland (from Ireland) late the night of thursday december 4. I think We'll stay in Glasgow friday and saturday nights (friday we plan to see Edinburgh...and saturday we want to go to a car boot sale in Glasgow called the Barras....then sunday we're going to drive up to Loch Ness) I'll let you know the plans for sure in a few weeks once we get them set for good. But if you guys had a get together friday or saturday night I'd love to meet you all :cool: That would be really cool!!!

I should ask you guys...have any of you been to the market at the Barras? Is it a good market or are there better ones we should go to? We are looking for cool old Scottish stuff like from the 1850-1970's (not expensive antiques). Also...we will be flying into Dublin, renting a car, then taking the ferry from Belfast across to Scotland. Is it a big deal to take a car between Northern Ireland to Scotland or is it not a big deal?

Glad to hear back from all of you...I'll keep checking back to see what is happening :)

Jenny

PS...Love your picture of Ewan in his Kilt on the top of the page....he's so awesome (and cute [face_blush])

8. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Homageny?

that's not legal in this country, is it?

Hog-ma-nay

9. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    ps
    The Barras is excellent for old Scottish stuff, particularly if you go upstairs in some of the associated buildings around the main market....some old old stalls full of 1960s glasgow paraphenalia..... Clyde lifebelts, wallie dugs, capstan non-filter adverts....

knock-off DVDs, dodgy cigarettes, pirated software also a speciality, but that's more the outside bit, where the vendors cant get cornered by the police.

and the Peoples Palace museum of old scottish stuff is in the park next door.

10. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    That should be it's real name......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.