main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello There!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Major Zuma, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major Zuma

Major Zuma Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2019
    I am brand new to this forum but I am a lifelong Star Wars fan. I love all the movies and shows. I grew up reading legends and now I have been making my way in the new canon! I read the comics and I listen to the audiobooks!

Some of my favorites

Legends Novels:
    -Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover
    -Darth Bane Trilogy by Drew Karpshyn
    -Darth Plageuis by James Luceno
    -Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn
    -RoTS Novelization by Matthew Stover
    -Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno

Legends Comics:
    -Knights of the Old Republic Comics

New Canon Novels/Audiobooks:
    -Thrawn by Timothy Zahn
    -Master and Apprentice by Claudia Gray
    -From A Certain Point of View by Various
    -Dooku: Jedi Lost by Cavan Scott(Currently listening to)

New Canon Comics:
    -Darth Vader by Kieron Gillen
    -Star Wars by Jason Aaron
    -Lando by Charles Soule
    -Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith by Charles Soule
    -Doctor Aphra by Kieron Gillen
    -Age of Republic/Rebellion by Various

My favorite movies from each era: RoTS, ESB, R1

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome!! Clearly well read!! I'm a legends fan, but having said that SW is SW to me and I love it all!!

If you need help getting around or anything else, you only need ask as everyone here is really friendly and helpful ;)

Once again welcome aboard!!

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

3. Major Zuma

Jul 30, 2019
    Thank you for the welcome! I pretty much love all the era's, Legends and New Canon. But the Prequel era definitely excites me the most, Im hoping for more content in the new canon there.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Plenty of places too look and find similarly minded people. I can guide you to the Legends area, and I can probably help you find the Prequel area discussions too!

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome aboard! Many of your favorite books in Legends and New Canon are some of mine as well:)

Jedi Knight Fett and Major Zuma like this.
  6. Major Zuma

Jul 30, 2019
    Thank you for the welcome! I can talk about the books and comics for daaaays. I love listening to them, its an awesome experience especially this latest Dooku: Jedi Lost one.

7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Dooku: Jedi Lost was a great listen. It's release was perfectly timed for me since I've just started listening to more audiobooks and audiodramas as I work out on my treadmill, so it was a perfect listen for when I was on the treadmill. I loved the glimpses into Dooku and the other characters. Also many of the voice actors like for Ventress and Qui-Gon did a truly spectacular job. I was really impressed with the quality of the audiodrama. Definitely a new favorite of mine and sort of reminded me of Dark Rendevous from the old EU with the way it focused on Dooku's backstory.

8. Major Zuma

Jul 30, 2019
    Yeah I completely agree. Dooku: Jedi Lost has just been amazing, Im almost done with. His story is so interesting, hes such a complex character and I just love how both Master and Apprentice and Dooku Jedi Lost expanded on him.

I loved each different chapter of Dooku's life we got to see, and I honestly would love an entire book or audio production following his time with Master Yoda in the new canon. Such a clash in personalities.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    How did I miss your post?! Welcome to the community!! Please let me know if I can help you find anything.

BTW - You had me at Thrawn trilogy. :D Did you read the NJO or LotF novels?

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry I am late to the party, but welcome.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  11. Major Zuma

Jul 30, 2019
    Thanks for the welcome!

I read the NJO and LoTF wayy back, I could probably do with re-reading them honestly. I loved the Thrawn trilogy, I guess thats an obvious thing to say tho haha.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you read the recent Thrawn books? Same author who did the old Thrawn books.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the community!

Major Zuma likes this.
  15. Major Zuma

Jul 30, 2019
    Thanks for the Welcome!!!!!

I havent listened to Alliances or Treason but the first Thrawn book is easily one of my favorites from the new canon.

I just flew through Master and Apprentice, Dooku: Jedi Lost and, Dark Disciple from the new canon. I was so blown away by all three titles, they were phenomenal in my opinion.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.