main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello, there!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by NStCH-root-sigma, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NStCH-root-sigma

NStCH-root-sigma Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2019
    Hi, I'm the new guy and I think I'll be here for a while!

The Name's root-sigma. I think I got pretty lucky finding this forum as most star wars communities short of reddit are kind of dead, it would appear. Or maybe my google fu is just abysmal.

Anyway. I'm pretty much a star wars nerd. I like all things star wars, especially though the Old Republic, Clone Wars and Rebellion era. Legends, where I can, though, mind you. I kind of mistrust the current canon, for now at least. It has some nice things up it's sleeve, rebels was great after I got over the painful Ahsoka reskin, but I'm not sure what to make of the implications of the first order and all that schtick. It doesn't seem an improvement over the chaos Legends became after the comics threw everything in disarray around the time of the Vong War. Though it is refreshing to see new characters in the limelight. :D

So yeah. Also, I write. Like, a lot. Mainly original stuff, I plan to put there on the interwebs for everyone to rip apart around january, but for now I got back into fanfic writing. (Had a short stunt on fanfiction.net back in the days. Didn't last long as I was terribly with sticking with a schedule. Or sticking with anything, really.)
    I currently have about 7 Chapters of a Star wars fic written, as well as around the same amount for a few other projects, that will have to wait for now, until they see the light of day, as well as 7 more plotted out in rough detail. The next two arcs are determined already as well. So I've got my downtime planned out for the foreseeable future. :cool:

I'm going to upload the first three chapters of the Star Wars fanfic probably today, or tomorrow but then the fourth is likely going to join it. Afterwards, I plan on uploading around 2-5k words every week or so, depending on how much fanfiction writing I get done next to all the other **** that people call real life. Like, making money and all those despicable things.

Yup, that's about it, I'd say. Let's have fun around here! :D

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome! There is a FanFic area here. I'm sure you can find it. I write, but more for an RPG. If you're interested in that, look us up!

Any questions, please let us know.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @NStCH-root-sigma - interesting name? Is there a meaning behind it? Watch the **** words mate ;)

Seems you are prolific.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome and it is always fantabulous to have someone who writes fanfiction join the JCF! There is a lot of amazing talent for you to enjoy as a reader as well... And speaking from experience role playing is habit-forming. :D

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    What she said. Welcome aboard!!

6. NStCH-root-sigma

NStCH-root-sigma Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2019
    :D
    Don't I know it. I've been gming and roleplaying for close to 10 years now.

AH. yeah, will do, sorry. I tend to have a bit of a potty mouth, if I don't watch what I say. [face_tee_hee]

The name stands for "Name Subject to Change: root_sigma" It designates me as the writer for the indie studio me and my friends are currently in the progress of making a thing. Our resident Artist, root-alpha- decided to go ahead and open a dropbox for all our projects, but since we didn't yet have a name, he titled the dropbox folder "Name Subject to Change".

we loved it so we stuck with it and now it's a thing.:D

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome to the club! And the boards, too, I suppose. :p:D There are many excellent and creative writers around these parts and if you ever wish to try your hand at a good ol' RPG, come say hi over in the RPF Forum! It's a great/crazy community.

Anyways, enjoy your stay and if you have any dark side leanings... go HERE. [face_devil]

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome! You’ll find our Fanfic and RPF are active and fun!

devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    Welcome to the boards my friend.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the boards! I hope to see you around!

11. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @NStCH-root-sigma and welcome to the forums - I hope that you will enjoy it here.

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome aboard! I hope you find the Fanfic community as welcoming and supportive as I have:)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.