main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by zjq, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    I'm a 15-year-old EU fan from China, watched my first Star Wars movie less than four years ago. After watching TCW, I read several canon novels to learn English(which isn't my mother tongue). However, I lost my faith in the canon because of The Last Jedi(I mean the movie) & Aftermath, and Darth Plagueis made me a fan of EU. Now I've read a dozen EU novels. Looking forward to read more.
    It's sad that there are only a few SW fans in China, and most of them know little about SW because of the language barrier. ╯︿╰

New to the Forum, hoping to learn more.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    WELCOME!! I'm a massive Legends fan!! If you are interested, click here and it will take you to the EU Legends!! What book was your favorite? Who is your favorite character??

Fans world wide are welcome here!! If you need help, you need only ask. I am here to help and I am sure others will be along to assist as well. Once again, welcome!!

3. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    By the way, Palpatine is my favorite characte(I made the following picture for him), and so far I like the books of James Luceno and Matthew Stover best. I don't like comics and games.

[​IMG]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I recommend reading Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith if you haven't already - it's considered one of the best of the SW film novelizations.

5. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    My favorite books are Darth Plagueis, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (not finished yet, but love it already) and Revenge of the Sith (by Matthew Stover). I also like X-Wing series very much, but read only the first book so far.

6. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    I've read it, and love it!!

devilinthedetails likes this.
  7. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    EU novels I've read:
    Revenge of the Sith(by Matthew Stover)
    Darth Plagueis
    Cloak of Deception
    Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command
    The Truce at Bakura
    X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
    The Mandalorian Armor(don't like this trilogy at all)
    Slave Ship
    Hard Merchandise
    Children of the Jedi(don't like this one either)

Reading Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor & Shadows of the Empire currently.

A Chinese fan(my idol) who has read over 170 EU novels told me that The New Jedi Order series is the best, and I'd better finish most of the New Repubic Era novels before reading them, is it really necessary?(might takes me a year to finish all those books)

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't know if you saw the Star Wars Rebels animated series in China, but if you did the book A New Dawn is a prequel to the series. Author is John Jackson Miller.

9. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    I watched Star Wars Rebels, but haven't read A New Dawn yet. I will read it. Thanks for recommendation!

I've read Tarkin, Dark Disciple, Aftermath and Lords of the Sith, but like only Dark Disciple.

10. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    Fans in China say that Children of the Jedi, Planet of Twilight, The Crystal Star and The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy are terrible books, I'm reading post-ROTJ novels along the timeline now, should I skip them?(read CotJ already, don't like it)

11. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    welcome friend! Your english looks fine! And it will improve in time! I say, patience.

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome aboard!

If you're a fan of Stover's Star Wars books, you might want to check out his novel Shatterpoint as well.

zjq likes this.
  13. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    hi hi! I was born in China and then moved to Australia but if you do need help you can send me a message in Chinese and I can talk to you back in the same language! Yes, there is so little fans because of the language barrier which is really sad but idk if you speak Mandarin or Cantonese

zjq and Adalia-Durron like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adalia - Watch the double posting, there are rules about it ;)

You have time to use the edit function so please do
    ;)

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

zjq likes this.
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome to the community! Please let me know if you need help finding your way around the boards. :)

16. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    Thanks, I still have a lot to improve.(●'◡'●)

Thanks! I will read it.\(0^◇^0)/

感谢大佬!我平时主要还是在百度贴吧(以及偶尔中文网)活跃,来这里也是想试试英语交流,以前从来没有在英文的论坛里注册过呢。

Sorry, It won't happen again. ⊙﹏⊙∥

Thanks.

17. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    别担心!这里的社区真的很好,您可以问我是否需要帮助,因为我在这里为您提供帮助。我的中文不是很好,但是如果需要的话,我可能需要使用Google翻译。我认为两者之间有两个或三个小时的时间间隔,但这会很好的:)

18. zjq

zjq Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2020
    Thanks for your effort, that's really kind. I think I'd better use English, after all, that's why I came here. I'm not used to communicating in English, but I don't have problem understanding what other people say either, that should be enough for me. I read a lot of English books(mostly sci-fi), but seldom write in English. Hope what I say is at least comprehensible, I might even make some grammar mistakes.つ﹏⊂

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You're doing great @zjq - no problems at all.

zjq likes this.
  20. Tari Narvina

Nov 11, 2018
    haha don't worry but if you can't use English of sorts i can help out :)

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @zjq !!!!

zjq likes this.
  22. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Welcome @zjq! Love seeing another EU fan find the boards, hope you enjoy your time here.

zjq likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome @zjq plenty of people love the EU here I am sure you’ll find some to talk to about it.

Adalia-Durron and zjq like this.
  24. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @zjq and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

zjq likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome!!! The Legends EU is wonderful and rich with characters and adventures. I do like the new EU novels that could fit in any timeframe, like Master and Apprentice or Leia, Princess of Alderaan. :D

If you need answers to any questions or want to role play or do fan fiction, those boards are habit forming!

Khalia Octa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.