main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello there

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Illyrika, Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Hello there. I'm new to here a few things about me.
    First thing is I write fanfiction that I am trying to improve upon.
    Secondly I have been a fan for a long time my dad took me to the cinema when the first movie came out.
    Thirdly I have been needing to be around like minded people.
    May the force be with you always

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Welcome! Be sure to check out our Fan Fic section!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Thank you. I will I have been told this is the most informative site on the internet for all things Star Wars

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure we are. We have a sister site called Rebelscum but it's more collecting-oriented.

Sadie Erso and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Thank you I will have to check it out.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure what type of fanfic you write but our section caters for both SW and Non-SW. If you have any questions about what goes where feel free to ask one of the forum mods. Their names are in the forum headers.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  7. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    X reader fics pt through st with a focus on the villain and reader as love interests. I just need to get the linguistics accurate.

Adalia-Durron and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just be aware of our terms of service - we try to keep things family friendly here. If in doubt ask a mod or post a question in the Fan Fic Resource forum.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  9. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Yes sir. I mainly post my fics on AO3. I'm gonna be using the forums as an academy of sorts. Star Wars university like a treasure trove of information. My fics are usually NSFW and why I stick to posting on AO3. But if I do write a humourous fic and sfw I will get permission from the admin to see if it is appropriate for the forums

Sadie Erso likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, NSFW definitely wouldn't fly here. Our users are as young as 13 so things like explicit sex aren't allowed.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  11. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    I completely understand and post those off forums. But this place is a complete breath of fresh air. Facebook groups are ruthless if you are not interested in reylo. They will try to make sure you don't have a pleasant time in the group. I feel as though I have found a sanctuary and Shangri-La.

Sadie Erso and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We try to keep things friendly here. Just a note that you can put a link to your fics in your user ID signature. However if they aren't SFW I'd put a warning there as well.

Edit - we've had our issues with Reylo as well. If you encounter an abusive post you can use the Report function to report it. All of the mods have access to reports.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  13. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome to the boards @Illyrika! Looks like @LAJ_FETT has got you pretty well in hand with the information. :)

If you need any help, you can also feel free to PM me. Always good to have another writer on board!

And check out the Imagin-Atrium thread here in the Welcome New Users area incase you feel up to trying another form of creative writing. ;)

Illyrika and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Agreed with all said already. Welcome!

Illyrika and Darth_Elu like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Skids in

Late to this party again!!! Story of my life! Fan Fic is awesome, I do it, probably too much. That's why I progressed to Role Play!!

Seems everyone here is all over helping you, but if you need me, I'm right here most days!

Welcome again!

DarthIshyZ, Darth_Elu and Illyrika like this.
  16. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Thank you all so very much for your helpfulness and your eagerness to be able to help me with my writing. You have made my heart swell three sizes and also made me feel welcome. You guys are the best.

DarthIshyZ and Darth_Elu like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We are, aren't we? :p

Seriously, we all want people to feel welcome and feel comfortable here. I've been here for like.....ever and this place is my second home. ;)

DarthIshyZ, Illyrika and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Quite true. Every person just makes this place a bit more great, so any new members are very much welcome!

This is very much a second home for me, can't seem to ever really stay away for long. :p

Illyrika and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I tried once............didn't last long....My kids grew up knowing this was where I'd be if they needed me. Both joined when old enough but they felt weird being here with mum. :( They both left. :( So I adopt kids here now! :p

Illyrika, DarthIshyZ and Darth_Elu like this.
  20. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    Welcome to the community!

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome!!

Sadie Erso and Illyrika like this.
  22. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @Illyrika hello! Welcome to the community. :)

If you enjoy writing then you’d probably like role playing. I highly recommend the RPF. Drop me a note if you’d like help finding your way around.

23. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Welcome!!!
    I'm also a fan fiction writer except I don't write Star Wars. I write westerns.

24. Illyrika

Illyrika Jedi Padawan

Sep 13, 2020
    Got a question can we link an external fanfiction site on the forum for fanfiction?

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.