main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Hello?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sar-Tamber-lac, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Wow is there activity finally going on out here... oh it is the easterners

Definitely the funniest thing i've ever read in the B.C. board. :p

And yes, i need to be smuggled out, tammy.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am bringing him back to Ontario with me Tammy in carbonite. I think that he would make a great addition to my Star Wars room...

3. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL...you can charge people to come in and see the great spammer of the east...he could become a sideshow! ;)

4. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    It's gonna be kinda hard to spam frozen in a block of carbonite. Maybe you could be persauded to unfreeze me? :p

As for the trial, i don't trust the judgement of any authority figure ('specailly a judge) who's first name is "Crazy". :p

What was it that old guy said on the simpsons when he was gonna cryogenically freeze himself in Apu's freezer? "Please change my pants as fashion dictates" ?

5. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    You're just mad that you were found guilty by a "Crazy" judge. :p

Shouldn't yo be writing your essay? [face_mischief]

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

6. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm owned? :confused:

And this is BC, where I have super powers! MwaHaHa!

Careful all. ;)

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Of course you're owned. You're a droid. :p

8. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Oh, wow...it finally happened.

The restraining fields that once kept all that SPAM on the ACG contained finally burst under the unbelievable pressure, and now the stuff is overflowing into neighbouring general forums.

Oh, the humanity... :_|

-Rani

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  10. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    You just made my point for me.

- Rani

11. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    You'll need to set up a court and what-not so that you can prosecute me... er, people that spam your precious B.C. board. :p

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    If you guys would post here we wouldn't. We did the same thing in Quebec because we felt sorry for its poor non posted condition. :p

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    You know that they are not going to leave you alone Rani...

14. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL...we don't mean this to be spam...we were just trying to get some conversation going. :)

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Breath some life, as it were. :)

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    ...people that spam your precious B.C. board

AT-ST, Whether or not its precious to me isn't the point, and I resent your choice of words. The point is that this is a B.C. board, not a B.S. board.

If you guys would post here we wouldn't. We did the same thing in Quebec because we felt sorry for its poor non posted condition.

DOY, I'm not sure how or why the activity level of a board that you have no association with should concern you. Perhaps you can explain further? If this forum received so little activity that the RSAs decided to shut it down or make it invisible, how would that directly affect you? Why would you choose to make it your responsibility to keep it alive when obviously the people who live here could care less?

we don't mean this to be spam...we were just trying to get some conversation going.

Then here's a wild suggestion...start some! Your own St. John's board has had trouble keeping active over the summer, Sar-Tamber-Lac. How would you like it if people from outside your chapter came into that forum and made rude and pointed comments about its lack of activity, even if their intentions were to encourage activity? Ask a certain RSA sometime how well that tactic worked for him. [face_plain]

You know that they are not going to leave you alone Rani...

And why should they, Mike? It's become painfully obvious that no one of any Canadian FF authority like yourself is going to question their SPAMMING this forum on behalf of the B.C. users you also represent, so why should they stop and re-think what they're doing? Silence is often interpreted as consent, and you've not only been silent, you've been participating.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm wrong. SPAM is pointless posting. The ACGers have already admitted that this was an intentional group effort to encourage activity, and they tried to accomplish this by making fun at the expense of B.C. FanForcers. Instead of SPAM, maybe I should refer to this as TROLLING.

ACGers: You guys want to reach across the country and say "hello!", I have no issue with that, in fact, it's a nice gesture. You want to make conversation on this forum (good luck with that, by the way), then go right ahead, but keep the insulting remarks at our expense to your own forums, where I *don't* click every time I see a new post, unlike *this* forum.

This isn't personal, in fact, I like most of you quite a bit. Perhaps it is for that very reason why I especially don't appreciate the rude remarks about what's going on (or not going on) in our backyard. It's only "all in good fun" when *both* sides are laughing, but you guys don't seem to know when to stop, and take jokes too far. Did you people learn nothing from your invasion of Toronto?

And before anyone calls me a "spoilsport" because I refuse to give as good as I get where the insults are concerned, might I point out that it's a bit hard to do that when you're one of two people against an entire group? I wonder if you guys would be having as much fun if you were to gang-bang a forum that had as many active posters as you do, who *could* give as good as they get? Is it easier to descend on Quebec or B.C. because their posters aren't as likely to match your numbers, much less be enough (or care enough) to shout you down?

- Rani

17. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    AT-ST, Whether or not its precious to me isn't the point, and I resent your choice of words.

I didn't mean to insult you, and i'm very sorry if i did.

And about the, uh, "gang-banging" activity, we dont just, uh, 'gang-bang' people with less posts/posters than us (except toronto, but i already got banned for that) in fact if you'll recall we gang-banged the U.K. and, at the time, they had more people than us.

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well Rani has made her points and frankly I have done everything in my power to try and get the AC folks to try to have a more constructive chapter but I have been unable to. As far as this thread is concerned I did not see any problem with the AC folks posting out here initially but I now see that they have worn out their welcome. As far as my comments are concerned I have said nothing wrong. I am sorry if you feel differently Rani.

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Mike, I quote: "Wow is there activity finally going on out here... oh it is the easterners [face_laugh]"

While there's not much wrong with it by itself, it is participating and encouraging them in what they're doing here. Do you see my point? I don't begrudge you having fun, and I'll admit you actually tried to turn the conversation away from the insults. It's not your fault they wouldn't stop, but it is your job to warn people either publically or privately if they're trolling or causing a stir. You didn't warn anyone publically (hence my "silence is consent" comment), but you may very well have PMed them with a warning. If you did do that, then I thank you. If you didn't, then maybe next time this happens it will occur to you to take action before things get to this point. That's the only good I can really see coming from this, frankly, is a learning experience.

AT-ST I appreciate the apology. I hope you understand that it was simply your choice of the word "precious" that make your words come off as rude. Thanks for trying to make it right. :)

- Rani

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well Rani They have received their warning and I am sorry that they did what they did and I did not do what I am about to do about a day ago.

21. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just an added ruling on my part?

1.) Westerners and Easterners ? Please do not take it upon yourselves to defend yourselves openly in the forums, do it via PM. If that does not work, and there is still an issue/complaint, please bring it to the attention of Mike or I to deal with. We want to keep the petty fights off the boards.
    2.) Easterners ? Bringing another?s ?faults? to their attention, then sugar coating your actions to make you look honorable is not going to win you any awards. Keep that in mind the next time you think about visiting another forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.