main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi-Spy, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I'm new to this forum but have been a Star Wars fan since 1977. I look forward to reading and asking questions on The Jedi Council Forums.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome!

Fan since '77, huh? @Adalia-Durron or @Sarge will issue you your walker and ear horn. I'm fresh out.

I'm right there with you, though. Got my kids into the geekery, too.

Let us know how we can help!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well hello!! Good to know we're not alone here!! Welcome fellow OT fan! We, the mighty, were there when it all started! LOVING THAT!!!

My kids were raised with it too.

Hey mate, need help navigating this place, just ask. I'm old but I've figured out this modern Kids stuff and work pretty well with it. ;)

4. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'll do a little exploring and may still have to ask for assistance navigating the forum.

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but we can help you!! Sounds like you're around my age, and if I can learn it, you can mate. ;)

If you would like someone to 'Adopt' you and be your 'go to' person for assistance, just follow this link and sign up!! The lovely Lady B will be your guide and find you a partner to help you!!

6. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Thank you! I just turned 50 last month. My daughter only recently realized that her dad is a real Star Wars fan when we walked into Galaxy's Edge together. [face_rofl]

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Wait... you didn't sit her down a la Clockwork Orange and make her watch them in the proper order?? :eek:[face_not_talking]

BTW, love the avatar!

Speaking of turning 50 (which I did 2 years ago), I walked into a store with my son last year and found I'm 3 years away from a "senior discount." My two boys won't have graduated high school yet and I'm getting a senior discount. o_O[face_laugh]

8. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I'm in the military and have spent a lot of my career away from home. I didn't know, until she told me, that she was a total fan of the animated series of Star Wars shows. After she went with me to Galaxy's Edge, she proclaimed that she was going to have to have a Star Wars binge and watch all of the movies in order. So, we will get there in time. I also have a big surprise Star Wars party Oga's Catina style for our first Manadlorian night with Disney plus. Special food, nonalcoholic drinks with dry ice, a game of Sabacc with various Etsy Star Wars chips and Oga's Cantina music while we play the game and eat.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community! I’m happy to help out if you’d like some help finding your way around. :)

You went to Galaxy’s Edge?
    I can’t wait to go.

10. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I'm lucky enough to live in the Tampa, FL area with a 45 minute drive to WDW Galaxy's Edge. Thank you for your offer of help. I'm still discovering how to navigate the forum.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Am shocked you didn't indoctrinate your offspring from birth!! :eek: I did.......worked on one, failed on the first.!!

I'm 3 years past the big 50, and was told I could apply for 'Senior Insurance' now............really? o_O Wish I could meet the toad who decided 50 was Seniors age...........

Arh, so when I come to visit Galaxys Edge, I have a place to stay? :p LOL

Edit: Wonder what happened to @Sarge ? He's in this age group!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  12. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    If you give me a heads-up before you come to the greater Tampa, Florida area, I can probably accommodate you. Still have a 45 minute drive on the highway (US-4) to the park. :cool:

I'm 50 years young. I am still in the military (30 plus years), I still run marathons (Disney Dopey too), and don't really act my age reagardless of my career injuries.

13. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    BTW, I served a year with 3RAR as an exchange officer. I have the regimental parachute wings prove it. :cool:

14. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Hey and welcome @Jedi-Spy! Hope you enjoy the boards ;)

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi-Spy like this.
  15. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Thanks!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Watch the double posting mate, use the edit function if you can please. ;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  17. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Yes ma'am. I didn't realize that I had. I'll be more careful in the future.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No problems mate, all a learning curve. That's what they put me here for, its the Aussie accent. Gets everyone to listen :p LOL

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the boards! Always cool to see someone who has liked Star Wars since 77

Jedi-Spy likes this.
  20. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Thanks!

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @Jedi-Spy! With the possible exception of my co-mod @Adalia-Durron there are not many of us that have personal memories of May 1977. I vividly remember going to the movie theater with my Aunt, missing the first 10 mins of the movie and then having to sit in the first row. I left the theater with a strained neck.

Jedi-Spy and Adalia-Durron like this.
  22. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I was 7 when the movie came out and remember it fondly.

23. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @Jedi-Spy and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Jedi-Spy likes this.
  24. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.