main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help! I have a question!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ThatJediGirl, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Okay, I have this really good plot bunny in my head- and I have planned out the whole story. Wikki, SunnyBubbles, and Amidala Skywalker all know the premise of my story, but now here is my question:

Does anyone know the name of a drug/substance that would make a person loose consciousness and also have the side affect of amnesia- or just a drug that causes Amnesia?

If not, then I am sure I can just have the person hit on the head and have temporary amnesia like that [face_devil]

Thanks!

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Cassia used a drug called Rycaliin in her story No Tears Left To Cry that wipes memory, but other than that...

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I don't think so. I've never heard of one, at least. I use a machine to erase part of a person's memory, but I've never heard of a drug to do that.

4. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    It's Star Wars, you can just make one up.

I know there are all sorts of drugs that can affect short-term memory (Ie. alcohol), but I don't know any that would cause amnesia off the top of my head. (Hmm, I wonder if that means anything).

In any case, if you didn't want to hit someone over the head, and couldn't come up with a drug, you could always use some sort of plant/mushroom/insect venom instead. Alot of poisons and venoms attack the nervous system. If it were an alien venom designed to kill an alien creature, it could easily have very different effects in a human and vice-versa, or even a native poison or venom could do so, though I don't know of any offhand.

The brain is a complicated thing. Make something up and as long as it's not too far-fetched, it should float. (Besides, there is always good, old-fashioned mind-wiping.) --AWK

5. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Thank you Alli Wan for your help.

In the case of my story, one person is struggling to get out of the hold of the attacker- and the attacker sticks her with the drug to make her stop defending herslef.

Thanks again!

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Wait, what's the name of that "date rape" drug? Victim tends to wake up hours later with mind a total blank as to what happened.

It's very real and very dangerous (be careful of strange people buying you drinks, folks!)

7. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    That could be a good one to use, but I need a drug that causes long term affects of amnesia. If not, I am sure I can make one up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.