main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help! I need a title!...found one

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by red rose knight, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Okay all of you lovely people who have or have not read "An Uncertain Path", I need help.

I'm still slaving away on the sequel to "An Uncertain Path" but the truth is I hate the title: "To Walk A Deadly Path."

It just doesn't scream the story line. I've gone through quotes and other places and still have not come up with anything I like.

So with what you do or do not know about "An Uncertain Path" and the brief teaser (posted below) would you please throw out some ideas for titles? I am truly blocked and it's slowing the story down. (Hint Hint)

The only rule I have is that it must contain the word : path. Books 3 and 4 are titled "The Severed Path" and "Along a Dark Path".

All I can offer the inspirer is my eternal gratitude and a note at the beginning of the sequel extolling your creative genius. Oh and getting the story done a little sooner than later?

:D

All ideas are welcome.

Thanks for all of your help.

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Here's the teaser for Book Two:

A cool rain fell in a poorly lit shanty town.

Bright flashes of blaster fire suddenly tear through the old buildings.

An old man lay dying. Water and blood mixed in his gray fur. His voice heard just above the falling rain. With his dying breath he whispered, "Assassins. Everywhere. Must stop them. Kill Palpatine."

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was sitting on a couch in his office facing Senator Amidala. She is elegantly dressed. Her voice is strong and formal, "The secessionists?"

"Let us not speak of politics," Palpatine begged. "I want to hear of home."

A small, heavy cannon cruiser appeared outside the grand office?s windows. Cannons opened fire.

Palpatine grabbed Amidala and raced her to cover as the room exploded.

Bali is asleep, face down in his folded up cloak. There is a small cut along the padawan?s right temple. Obi-Wan knelt next to the sleeping boy and gently checked the wound. Irritably Bali reached out and pushed Obi-Wan?s hand back. "Go away, Master," the boy tiredly grumbled. "Sleeping."

Palpatine?s shattered office is full of heavily armed guards and portable shield generators. Palpatine, several assistants, Amidala and her entourage, several senators and members of the Jedi Council as well as Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan and Bali are present.

Mace Windu addressed the crowd. "These assassinations are tearing the Republic apart."

Palpatine quickly added, "And turning sentiments against you Jedi." He then studied the crowd around him. "These are dangerous times we live in."

On the rooftop of a building Obi-Wan is engaged in a fierce battle. The blue of his saber clashed violently against the flaming red of Darth Vengier?s weapon. Obi-Wan is driven by the black masked figure precariously close to the edge.

Bali slowly withdraws, holding his green lightsaber up defensively as a menacing figure in black approached.

A circular room lit by the flames of a brilliant funeral pyre. Licks of red and orange danced across Anakin?s face. Tears welled in his eyes. Amidala, the only other person, wrapped herself around his arm.

Obi-Wan, Bali, Bant and her padawan sit at a table in the cafeteria sharing lunch. Bali looked curiously up at Obi-Wan. "What did that woman mean when she said you would be good in--"

"She meant nothing," Obi-Wan said firmly, quickly cutting off the question.

Bant?s eyes lit up as she planted her elbows on the table. A big grin. "Oh please, do tell." She started laughing. "In what? I?m so curious."

Obi-Wan growled. "Bant."

Bant just smiled. "I happen to enjoy it when you turn that particular shade of red." Then she turns her attention to Bali who is still sitting there with a questioning look on his face. "Was she cute?

The boy shrugged. "I don?t know but she sure liked Master."

Darth Sidious, accompanied by Darth Vengier walk along a balcony overlooking the brightly lit Coruscant below.

Sidious turned to the masked apprentice. "I want Obi-Wan Kenobi dead."

The Sith?s mechanical voice hissed. "I will not fail you, my lord."

Fires burned in Anakin's eyes as Qui-Gon stormed off. Moving faster than could be registered, a tightened fist flew toward the unsuspecting Obi-Wan. The Jedi twisted, sidestepping the devastating blow and with blinding speed grasped Anakin's wrist. Lightning quick reflexes twisted the young man around making him cry out in surprise. The flash of pale blue eyes as Obi-Wan barked, "You may be powerful but you have no control over yourself. You will be the death of us all!"

Obi-Wan is in a standoff with Darth Vengier. The dark lord slowly removed his mask. Cruel laughter echoed as the Jedi stepped back in surprise. "Remember me?" was the Sith's hiss.

3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Howabout "A Path of Death?"

That sounds good to me.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I have afew ideas for you. ( The teaser is awesome by the way)

1. Buried in Darkness
    2. Path of Prophecy
    3. Chosen Path

... Goodluck in deciding. :)

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    You should have posted this in Knight Obi's discussion thread, it would have given us a good topic to discuss. :)

Oh I'll give some thought but "To Walk A Deadly Path" sounded good.

Maybe turn the title you have around around and call it "An Easy Path" or "The Easy Path" because it is the "quick and easy path" which leads to the Dark Side is actually the path to Death and Suffering? Or include part of the title you already had "To Walk An(or The) Easy Path". You know, kind of like in Greek mythology referring to the vengeful Furies as "The Kindly Ones". It's the sort of the opposite of it actually is. Is that making any sense? Sorry, I'm not good at this sort of stuff.

EDIT: Or maybe go half way and make it "An Uneasy Path" or "The Uneasy Path".

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Will The Hidden Path work?

Cause everyone's hiding something.....You know, Anakin won't admit he's jealous of Obi, Qui and Obi have their problems..........

7. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Wow! Awesome teaser! I think your orignal title sounded fine, but if you want a new one how about, The Unknown Path, A Path to Danger, Secrets Along the Path, Hidden Paths, Path to uncertianty, The Path to Darkness. Anyway, theres a few.

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    My contributions...

Thy Path Be Black As Night
    A Silent Path to Evil
    The Path To Sorrow

9. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Ad Astra Per Aspera means 'A Rough Road Leads to the Stars'. I don't know, I just thought of that for some reason.. though I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with the story. :)

Hmmm... I'm usually creative with names...

10. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Hmmm... How about:

1. Shadowed Paths
    2. Path of the Suns
    3. Fate's Path
    4. Destiny's Path
    5. Darkening Path

Just some ideas...

AQ

11. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I personally like:

The Chosen Path

12. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Ok here are some

The path of destiny.
    The path of darkness.
    The deadly path.
    To walk a dark path.
    The path of light and dark.

13. fanofewans

fanofewans Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2001
    Path of Consequences

I can never title a story till its finished myself. Hope you find one you like soon..am so looking forward to the next part.

14. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    For your consideration:

1) Journey a Desperate Path

2) To Follow a Twilight Path

3) Seeking the Noble Path

RRK: I thought An Uncertain Path was brilliant!

Cheers!
    SB

15. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Getting ideas, RRK? Let us know what you decide, so we'll know what story to bug you for over the next torturous weeks of waiting! ;)

16. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I saw your name mentioned and could not help but look on in...:D
    what's wrong with 'to walk a deadly path'?

here's some alternatives anyway;

a path of blood (and tears)
    a path of shadows
    the path paved with tears
    the lonely path
    a path paved with good intentions...

I second, the 'letting us know when you've chosen your title'.

17. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I never posted on "An Uncertain Path" but I loved it! :)

How about: "Down A Twisted Path"

18. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    How about

Walking the Tightrope Path? Or a variation of that?

The Path of Balance?

hm...

A Shadowed Path?

19. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hi *weak wave* Thought I'd voice my opinion of a title.

What about...

"The Path of Seperations"

or

"The Path of Trial"

or

"The Path of Fire"

Trying to be helpful :)

20. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Sorry for setting this up and disappearing for a couple of days.

Thanks everyone for replying. A lot of great ideas everyone came up.

Unfortunately, that and three pages of notebook paper of my own and still I have not found a title I really like.

I'm still working ont he sequel and the pace has picked up. If or when the title changes it will appear in my signature.

Again, thanks everyone for all the wonderful ideas.

21. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I don't know if u'll look at this place again, but i'll post neways...

Path of Creation
    Path of the Fallen

hmmm... maybe? i hope u find a title soon!

22. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey! the Fallen! TheFallen! My name...

Okay, this is what happens when TheFallen gets bored. I resort to telling REALLY BAD jokes. Someone smack me really hard or set a gun for 'lurk' again.

23. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Call it "The Path" or "Path" or "something Path" thatsd the trend we seem to follow

24. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Be funny if we're all suggesting these 'path' names and she just comes on and says "Enough! Geez! This story has nothing to do with a *bleep*in path!"

That or she just calls it 'Path'.

25. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Well everyone, I think I found a title. I've been playing around with it for a day or two and it is really growing on me.

The Long Twilight Path

It really does fit with the interesting turn the plot has recently taken.

Thanks Sugar_Bear for throwing out the word twilight.

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.