main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Help me decide once and for all: Which is better, Chrome or Firefox?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jean-Luc Picard, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Which is better?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2019.
  1. Chrome

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Firefox

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Solister

Solister Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2019
    I guess today is more a point of "tradition" than properly "quality". Those who are used to Firefox will defend Firefox and those who are used with Chrome will defend Chrome, like ROS and TLJ fans.

I'm on the Firefox team and always heard people saying Chrome is better, though I don't have anything against the fox: Privacy, Incognito Mode, and for my circumstances, it browses at a good speed. The only cons is that until a few months ago, most add-ons were incompatible due to updates, now it's already normalized. Still then, Firefox also have its source based (I think that's how is called) browsers, so Pale Moon for slower connections and has only the basic, Waterfox which tries to be the most compatible with add-ons and a few others which I don't recall now and haven't used much.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, anyone know how this freaking search bar on Chrome works? I start typing in some keywords or part of a URL, and it displays a bunch of stuff I visited in the past. Except the ones I visited most are third or fourth down the list, and instead it stupidly puts some much less important stuff at the top.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000