main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Help me see the world of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by fudgie2692, Oct 23, 2013.

1. fudgie2692

fudgie2692 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2013
    Hi I'm actually doing some research on the world of Star Wars and the culture its created for a college course of mine. I love the movies, but I have to admit I love hearing how other people percieve the movies and that's why I choose Star Wars as my topic. If you guys could help me and answer just a few questions below, I would truly appreciate it. It would help my study and also help to further understand the movies and make me a bigger fan! They're all pretty basic questions, just answer the best you can. Some of them I have answers to because they're pretty basic, I just like hearing what everyone has to say. Thank you!

1. Which is your favorite Star Wars movie? And why?

2. Who is your favorite character? And why?

3. What is the Force to you? Who has/can have the Force?

4. What do you do to show you're a fan of/celebrate Star Wars?

5. What is a jedi? What makes someone "jedi material"?

6. If you could have one thing from all the movies what would it be (real or fictional)? And why?

7. What is the one thing that every Star Wars fan needs to know?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Fudgie! :)

Such a topic is a cool one and I hope that you get a good mark for it! But honestely, I've seen a few surveys in the past, but none got many if any posts at all (example). I hope it's not too disappointing, if people won't answer. Just like to let you know, so you don't wait too long.

But nevertheless, we would be happy, if you - after finding this nice forum - like to stay, especially with the new movies ahead.

Good luck with your research! [face_good_luck]

7. ...that 'live long an prosper' isn't the answer to 'may the force be with you'. ;) :p

Edit: Found another research thread.

3. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    Maybe if you are a hot girl, and post pictures opf yourself I might help u with ur homework ;)

4. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Welcome to the boards! I can assist you with question 5.

I'll give you a bold look at it, I'll also post a link for you as a better description.

My description: A jedi is but a peace-keeper, they are not soldiers, but they do carry a weapon called a "lightsaber." This weapon is made from a powerful amount of pure energy, not just lasers. The main power source for these lightsabers are a crystal, and as any colored crystal follows, would be the color of the saber itself.

Detailed info: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi

If you need any further assistance, feel free to inbox me.

I hope I was of some help! :)

5. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    1. My personal favourite Star Wars movie is ROTJ-or Return Of The Jedi. I enjoyed it the most because the story comes together, and all the jigsaw pieces just make the puzzle a picture, to be honest. Also: Great fun watching ewoks bash up the Imperials)

2. I'll never be able to answer this question, I just like too many people. Sorry.

3. The force is the nature that binds all living things, that intertwines all beings in the galaxy, it is what governs the galaxy. In my opinion, the force is in every living being, just some have the ability to control it, others do not.

4. Star wars to me is not something I'm a fan of, Its something I'm obsessed with, and that will never change. (no matter how many people call me a dork)

5. A Jedi is a peace keeper, not a soldier (they always negotiate before any combat) their ideals are peace, happiness and freedom for all living beings.

6. A lightsaber! I could use it to cut my bread WHILE toasting it at the same time!

7. You just need to know who George Lucas is. You just need to.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  7. Zanderfist

Zanderfist Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2016
    1. Return of the Jedi; everything from Luke's black robes, to the forest moon of Endor with the Ewoks, to the climax in the Emperor's throne room. It always spoke to me as the definitive Star Wars chapter, and I've loved it ever since I first saw it.

2. This is a tough one, but if I had to choose from current canon I'd say Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader; if you haven't already read the recently concluded Marvel Darth Vader series, I strongly recommend you check it out.

3. The Force works in mysterious ways...

4. I wear Star Wars t-shirts, buy the merchandise, watch the movies, debate it with people who've also seen it, play the games, etc. I don't try to prove how big of a fan I am, because I know I'll not be as obsessed as the next guy.

5. I'd probably refer to the Jedi code, but to put it simply, the Jedi are knights of peace.

6. Does the Force count? If so, I'd choose Force abilities. While a lightsaber is great in theory, I'd hurt myself so fast in real life with one.​

7. Han shot first.​

8. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    1)My favorite Star Wars movie is Return of the Jedi, but I am more of a novel/comic/game person.

2) My favorite character is Onimi from the New Jedi Order series. *spoilers* He's a pretty obscure character, but I like how he pretends to be an insane Shamed One while secretly masterminding the YV invasion.

3)The Force is, like Obi-Wan said, a mystical energy field that binds the galaxy together. Some characters are gifted with the use of it,while others are not.

4) I hole up in my bedroom and read Star Wars books and waste my life on the forums.

5) A Jedi is someone who belongs to the Jedi Order and uses the light side. Simple as that.

6) It would probably be the ability to use the force. Then I could forge a lightsaber crystal,make a lightsaber,and take over the world MWA HA HA.

7) Ignore the Disneyverse/new canon.

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    1. Which is your favorite Star Wars movie? And why?
    Episode III, I love how well it moves into episode IV (er well, I suppose it would be more of a direct prequel to Rogue One now wouldn't it?)

2. Who is your favorite character? And why?
    Anakin (Not Vader, Anakin) and Obi-Wan are tied. As a Teenager I found Anakin startlingly relatable, and growing up I saw a bit of myself in him so he was always a bit interesting to me. And yet as moody as I was I always wanted to be Obi-Wan like, calm, cool, collected. And a witty.[face_laugh]

3. What is the Force to you? Who has/can have the Force?
    The force exists in two parts (Yes the cosmic and unifying) but in a more direct sense, it is an abstract deity with a will, and a way. It affects people indirectly, but one with a naturally affinity for it may also permit it to play a more direct role, but exerting and influence the world around them. For good, or for evil.

Everyone has the force but only people born force sensitive can use it

4. What do you do to show you're a fan of/celebrate Star Wars?
    I can quote Star Wars in my sleep:p (Not literally). Basically whenever I'm down in the dumps I imagine myself to be in Star Wars. More than once I may have been caught using an invisible lightsaber to chop down some invisible enemies.[face_whistling]

5. What is a jedi? What makes someone "jedi material"?
    You can always check out The Guardians of Light to get this answer.;)
    (Or if you would rather start with the Kitty pool we have a new Jedi Enclave on this very board)

6. If you could have one thing from all the movies what would it be (real or fictional)? And why?
    Lightsaber, definitely a lightsaber... as long as it has a stun setting.[face_tee_hee]

7. What is the one thing that every Star Wars fan needs to know?
    No two fans are alike, you got an opinion about this franchise be prepared to defend it tooth and nail against those who disagree.

Darth Rozic likes this.