main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC HELP!!!! MonsterCon needs financial help to bring Peter Mayhew here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Ray is looking for sponsors to help get Peter Mayhew here for MonsterCon. I know he will give promo space in the con pamphlet for donations.

Does anyone have any ideas about raising some funds for this? I know a quick, easy way would be to do a car wash but I haven't the first idea how to organize one. :(

Anyone? Anyone?

2. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Car Wash is a good idea, Bake Sale, yard sale, trying to rack my brain here heh.

You should be able to set up a car wash at a local establishment as long as they know that what your doing is somehow going to charity. If MonsterCon is running a blood drive or any sort of Charity awareness then that shouldn't be a problem at all.

3. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    eh ... what?!?

You're telling me that this guy called and booked Mr. Mayhew without the money to PAY him!??! I'm sorry, but that's very irresponsible...and I'm losing the (err) confidence (pardon the pun) I had.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I know, I'm racking my brain. Now that I said car wash I just realized we are about to maybe have mandatory water restrictions put on us! :oops:

Gah! I wish there was a Bookman's out here. We could all get together our extra or unwanted books. Or even a Twice as Nice.

I do have a bunch of stuff to bring to a Consignment shop. Maybe I can scrap together some funds that way.

Scott, Peter knew upfront that Ray was going to be getting sponsorships to get him there, etc. We are all just trying to help out. :)

On a separate note:

POWERBALL is up to $245M . . . everyone buy a ticket and if anyone wins donate some cash towards getting Peter here! :p

5. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    So how much are we looking at needing? Is this for airfare, hotel, food, etc... It is kinda silly to book someone without having some stuff lined up first but, such is the world of showbiz. I know we used to have promoters that would book parties ("raves") with several DJ's and count on the money from the night to pay them and then come up short. But anyways, I will consider posting something on Sandtroopers.com if we can find out some more detailed information about all this. Let us know Jada. Thanks.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Shane, I'm hoping that Ray is going to pop in and answer that question. :)

7. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    10-4 fearless leader!

8. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    Well ... if the Monstore owner knew he couldn't afford the fee upfront, then ....

:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.