main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Help needed!* (new question 11/5 - flashbacks) - TFTB Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by spiritgurl, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    I'm debating now about having Obi-Wan's *grandparents* just shown in flashback scenes as we see what happened to them and Jonos-Selo and just having a series of scenes/posts in the beginning revealing how they met, and what brought them to the circumstances they died under (probably short of showing "whodunit" until later ;)). What do you think? Are the back and forth between flashback and "present" time in the story confusing or no?

sg

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    It depends on how they are done. If you make it clear what's going on, it's not much of a problem.

3. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I'm sure you're very aware of my timeliness or lask thereof at this point. Here I go anyway.

Like the idea of a female chauvinist society being explored in SW? Hate it? What's your opinion?

It's been explored before but I think it's still a good idea.

The only problem I can think of is that a significant portion of the population would have to be descended from the Sith witch you mention for the Preistesses to realistically all be Force users.

So a question here would be, does this make sense that they'd be raised since babies by the Priestesses but parents are still allowed to visit?

Allowed to? Sure. But I get the feeling it might be discouraged.

other jobs are settling differences, perhaps even law enforcement and judges. I'd love more feedback on this area actually to help me sort out what's the most likely scenario. I'd like them to be very much in control of the villages around them, perhaps to the dismay of some of the villagers.

Judge, jury, jailor, court secretary, lawyer (unless you want the villagers to do their own defense), since they're Force sensitive they could also make sure there is no perjury in court. From the set up you've given it looks like they could do just about anything with law making and enforcement. Due to Force sensitivity they could probably also do some healing animal/plant/person

Any thoughts on weapons for them? I don't think I want them to have lightsabers, I think laserwhips have been used somewhere in the EU already. So I'm not sure I want to go with that if it has.

Lightwhips have been used at least twice in the EU, once in the JA series and once in Cestus Deception.

Fairly low tech weapons (that I can think of): bows, spears, dead blades, maces, nunchucks, garrotes, shurikens, catapults, slingshots, trebuchets, regular whips or whips with ball bearings on the ends

Or if they just want to keep the populace scared: racks, thumbscrews, ironmaidens, red hot metal shoes, hot coals,

Anybody have a list of forcepowers btw, or know where one is?

These are just the ones I can remember:

an ability to spped up or slow down molecules (limited area)

make the weak minded (and for a few Jedi, animals) see what isn't there or not see what is there

healing people/plants/animals

varying degrees of telepathy and telempathy (much heavier emphasis on telempathy as telepathy is almost exclusively reserved for those they are bonded with)

run faster

jump higher

improved reflexes

visions

create storms (Dark Side power)

Force lightning (usually Dark Side power)

telekinesis

hunches

"danger sense"

Force leech (you can look around and find whole pages devoted to deabtes about this)

Nomi Sunrider took away another character's ability to touch the Force

some linger after death using a "spirit anchor" (almost all of these have been DSers to my knowledge and Callista lost her ability to touch the Light after she transferred into a new body)

I think there have been a few who go out of body

Some ability to understand other languages through the Force

hinted at that she was anything but a saint... and was possibly a Sith. Not sure I'm going with that or not. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on that too actually because if I decide to use it at all, it may come into play more in Episode III when Obi and Anakin show up on Clystra. It's got some exciting/interesting possibilities I think.

I like it. It would expalin the statistical anomaly of having so many Force users born on one planet. Hinting at it would probably be good. Possible influence on written language maybe because the Sith have their own alphabet I think.

Jedi healing: How is it described in the EU? Anybody know?

I haven't gotten around to Medstar yet but generally it's brought up in pain suppression techniques and speeding the healing. The best description they give (I forget which book) is that the body wants to heal and The Jedi use micro telekinesis to help the process along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.