main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Help save this forum! (Updated 10/10/06)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by Amidala Starkiller, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    In an effort to clean up the MidSouth FanForce forums, I have evaluated the activity of low-traffic, non-official city forums. Cities with rare posts, fewer than three posters, or that attract spam, are going to be deleted.

After 30 days for this notice I move the staus of this board to inactive.

Forums can always be recreated, so in the future if there are more people interested in getting FanForce group events going in the Lubbock, TX area, we will create a new forum for the city?please don't be discouraged.

Upon deletion of this forum, you will have to first generate interest on the MidSouth General Discussion board and have three individuals interested in FanForce.

If anyone has any questions please don't hastate to ask.

Elizabeth
    Amidala Starkiller

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I respectfully request that this forum be kept operational.

Lubbock, and its Star Wars fan community, is very directly tied to the activity generated by the university and its students. Star Wars fan activities this summer have been very minimal largely because there have been fewer 18-24 year olds in town. I feel confident that, once classes are back in session, we will see more activity with the fan group in Lubbock and on this Forum.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Sorry I haven?t replied until now. I wanted to see if the activity would pick up. Has there been any off board activity? It's been a little over a month since I posted this message and no posts have been made.

I really don't like the idea of moving a board to inactive status.

4. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    There has been some "offline" discussion and stuff. I'll see what I can drum up this week. Thanks for your patience with us.

5. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I check in in here since I'm from Lubbock, but don't post so much since I don't live there anymore. I'll post more often if that helps...

*waves* Hi guys! I miss the book group a lot!!

Cheers,

Ian

6. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Just checking in to see the status of things, any new discussions?

7. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    I am currently tapping into the campus resource that is Facebook. There are three groups with over 150 members combined at my institution. I've met with one of the groups' creator and we're discussing an actual, on campus meeting this semester. More to come...

8. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    So got an update JedimasterED?

9. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
  10. DrkKnght1138x

DrkKnght1138x Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2000
    I've not talked to jedimasterEd in a while, but I know I look here quite a bit for info. Trying to post info on what we have going on that I am aware of. I'll try and get JMed on the phone and find out what's going on.

DK

11. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Since it has been over two months with out a post to this I had to revaluate the status of this forum. If activity does not pick up in this forum in two weeks I will be forced to change its status to inactive. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.