main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Help with Rotoing Sabers~

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by _Garnet_, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Garnet_

_Garnet_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2003
    Hey there

I have just finished video taping a saber fight and was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping to Rotoscope some of the sabers. I would do it myself (I have already done a lot of it) but the whole fight it over three minutes and I am trying to get it done asap. At the moment I'm not sure if it will become fanfilm...probably, but for now I'm just doing it for a class project.

All I need is the double lightsaber roto'd, since I have done most of the other. I'll probably only give out like 20 seconds or so, and I'll do the rest, unless you would like to do more. It would just take a load of my back. Or if there are a couple volunteers maybe you can split it or something.

So if anybody is more interested I could give more details, etc. I'm not to sure how I will host it...but I'll get into that as soon as people are interested.

Thanx a lot for your time!

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Sounds like fun. AIM Neszis Neszis@tampabay.rr.com.

~Neszis~

3. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    Unfortunately, I do not have AIM...and do you know where I could host the video to send a part of it to you? THanx for replying and actually showing interest! It takes a load of stress off of me. Thanx man.

p.s. How much time of the video would you want to roto?

Anybody else interested?

4. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
  5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    We all know where to get AIM, I think... it's just that some people (like me) have an aversion to anything AOL. If that's the case...

Sheesh, we need a new standard program ;)

6. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    it's just that some people (like me) have an aversion to anything AOL.

Why?

7. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    Well, I just got an account on AIM (My bro had it, but not me. I just use msn) and I added you...erm....at least i think it's you.

So just talk to me. My name is garnetpatriot...i'm trying to talk to you here. No reply but hi so far. Sorry, I'm not use to thie AIM stuff yet, lol.

Thanx

8. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, I'm not use to thie AIM stuff yet, lol

Who can tell me why I find this sentence funny and ironic?

M. Scott

9. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Sorry, I'm not use to thie AIM stuff yet, lol

Who can tell me why I find this sentence funny and ironic?

I can.

10. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    yeah me to...........really

11. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Heehee, Dorkman. Nice call.

TAHT IS VERY FUNY!!!1! OMG LOL TEH IRONY COMAS FROM TEH FACT TAHT H3 UTILIEZS A PHRAES INVENT3D BY HIS AOL STUF!1!!11! LOL

~Neszis~

12. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    Oooooooohhhhh. Sorry :p
    Lets try again....

"HA...HA...HA"

hows that?

13. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    *Bumperz*...just making sure nobody missed this.
    I got one volunteer, but would really appreciate ANY help...even something as short as 5 seconds.

14. dan005e

dan005e Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Well then I volunteer Garnet. Email me at dan005e@hotmail.com or send me a PM and we can work on the details.

Im running Adobe After Effects.

15. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    Hey, thanx a lot for volunteering! I have sent you a pm, please read it.

16. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    How much footage do you need help with?

17. _Garnet_

Mar 7, 2003
    Well it's just a saber battle. I've done most of it, and I'll I'm asking help for is with the double saber. If you want to help you can take as much, or as little time as you want to work on, we just have to make sure we are all using the same method (Ryan W's) and that things like feathers, colours etc. are the same.

The entire battle is about 3-4 minutes, and I wanted to get it done a.s.a.p., so thats why I'm asking for help.

18. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I use Ryan W's AE method too. But instead of feathering, I gaussean blur it. I think it gives better results.

Speaking of which, I laugh everytime someone wants to use gaussian blur instead of feathering, so they think they have to bring it into Photoshop. [face_laugh] After all, there IS a gaussian blur effect in AE.

Anyway, if you want my help, I'll be willing to do about five seconds of footage for you.

Oh, and do you have AE too? Then I could send you the project file so you could render it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.