main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Henderson Fan Force Ultimate Trivia of DOOM!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    dont suppose we could swith to....Star Wars Trivia so I might have a prayer in answering something?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm kinda in the same boat, DarthWraith... however, the author of this thread has stated that you can pass on a question if it has not been answered in one hour... so as for that Ramones question: PASS!

Here's one for you: If you notice in the promo photos of Episode I and the actual movie Episode I, you see that Mace Windu has two different sabers. After fans caught this, a reason was given (in the expanded universe) for the switch up. What was the reason? (name the jedi ritual involved)

If you get this, DarthRaith (or anyone else), I will be impressed.

3. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Windu was using a sabre that belonged to Master Eeth Koth. This was a traditional exchange of vows of friendship between Jedi.

BAMMM!!!!

and now from Star Wars Trivial Pursuit:

this is easy!

Who replaces Admiral Ozzel after Darth Vader chokes him o death?

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    As Vader would say... Most Impressive! But what was the actual name of the jedi ritual used to do this?

Captian Piett replaced Admiral Kendal Ozzel, by the way.

Next question: What forbidden Jedi technique does Yaddle know, and what does it do?

(Yaddle was the same species as Yoda, and sat on the Jedi Council in Episode I)

5. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Talon, I have a whole thing about Mace Windu's saber switching on my page, it's not on the updated version so go here http://www.freewebz.com/eklectia/star_wars_html/lightsabers/lightsabermacewindu1.html so be impressed becuase I knew the answer just didn't see the question in time.

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    The Jedi art of mortichro, a technique that rapidly slows the body functions of target beings.

Next: what color were Boba Fett's gloves in Empire Strikes Back?

7. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Same as they always are...
    White and Green

Now for my question:
    Who, within the Star Wars universe, not Doug Chaing, desiged the Sith Infiltraitor?

8. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    All I could find on that is the Republic Sienar Systems Advanced Projects laboratory. If you were looking for a specific name of a person, I can't find it.

ps. Fett's gloves weren't that color in ROTJ, that's why I asked for the color in ESB.

Next: I pass on the next question, it's open to anyone else, I don't have my Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with me... :)

9. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    ok... new question.... not of Star Wars...... In the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show, what brand of cigarettes does Dr. Frank-n-Furter, aka Tim Curry, smoke?

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Pass.

Is Jabba the Hutt a male or a female?

(caution: trick question)

11. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    well I would say male, but you said it was a trick question so that makes me want to say female..... what a dilemma, someone else answer.... oh by the way Dr. Frank-n-Furter smokes filterless Pall Malls

12. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Jabba is neither male nor female. He is, like all Hutts, asexual.

Next:
    If Superman is invulnerable, and a single strand of his hair can hold a weight of 10,000 lbs, then how does he stay clean shaven and keep his hair trimmed? DarthDarkstar, you should know this one.

13. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Well Moka to answer your question... of course a normal razor blade will be unsucessful at cutting his super strength hair, however superman has to be clean shaven somehow... he uses mirrors to reflect the lasers out of his eyes to shave his face and keep his hair as stylish as he does.

Ok another superman question.. what is Supermans alter ego name in the year 2540... it is not Clark Kent anymore...

14. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    hey I have a better question.... why does Superman have such a crappy disguise??!?!! I mean REALLY who doesn't know that Clark Kent is Superman??? the only difference is a pair of glasses and the fact that he wears his underwear on the outside of his clothes!!!! What the heck, why couldn't he be just a little more creative, citizens of Metropolis must be really stupid.....

15. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...yes everyone knows Batman is a REAL superhero! Pshh!

16. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Batman doesn't even have super powers...how can he be a real superhero?? All he has going for him is money.... Bill Gates could be Batman..... psh! You want a superhero it's all about SPIDERMAN!!!!!!! awwww sookie sookie......

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Bill Gates could not be a superhero, let alone be Batman.

Now, if Bill Gates was a supergenius, an Olympic caliber Gymnast, had 5th degree black belts in multiple martial arts disciplines, was an accomplished boxer, climber, runner, driver, pilot, scuba diver, illusionist, slight of hand artist, break in artist, detective, and had a square jaw.... then maybe he could be Batman.

And yes, Batman IS a superhero and could kick Superman's butt if he wanted to.

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    HA!

well said Talon!

=D

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Batman is nothing. Who does he fight? A clown who's idea of a good plan is to have poison shooting flowers on his lapel? or maybe the guy who looks like a penguin who uses umbrellas to beat batman? mayhaps, better still, a guy who has half of his face burned off with no powers other than he looks menacing and has a split personality? Please, a dead cat could probably take these guys out. Not to say superman is any better. He has all the powers in the world imaginable at his beck and whim, he can't be hurt let alone die, and yet he still has great difficulty fighting a bald guy who owns a big company. Yeah, that makes me think he powerful. yet again, dead cat could take them all out. Heck, dead cat could take out superman. Long live dead cat!!!!!

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ah, my friend, but you are forgetting Batman #489, in which the caped crusader vaporized a dead cat...

21. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    blasphemy!

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Acthar: Leader of the Cult of Dead Cat.

Okay, so what was Superman's name in the future? Anyone know this? How about... Bruce Wayne, because in the future Bruce is dead, and Superman always wanted to be him...

Hey, that would be a cool story! In the future, Superman finds Bruce Wayne's secret cache of backup equipment, and since Bruce is dead, Superman decides (for some reason) to use the Batman costume and pretend he's Batman...

23. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    that's funny man! I love that idea!

24. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    seriously dudes... other than the fact that Bruce Wayne is a rich, ladies-man, with a cool car...... he's pretty lame as a superhero..... anyone here anything about that new tv show "Birds of Prey" about the illegitimate daughter of Batman and Catwoman? could be interesting, but I'm afraid it's going to suck really bad..... I'm still sticking with the fact that Spiderman and any of the XMen are WAY better superhero's than Batman..... even Daredevil is cooler than Batman, let's hear it for the man who has no fear!!!!! and ALL HAIL THE DEAD CAT!!!!!!!!

BATMAN IS A SELLOUT!!!!!
    Bill Gates would be a better Batman than Bruce Wayne!!!!!!

25. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Bill Gates????...uh....okay...It's comments like that, that let me know that Talon and I have won the argument....heh....Bill Gates....yeah...good one :)

Next Question: Who did Robin become after he left Batman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.