main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Her Still, Small Voice", Anakin Skywalker & Mara Jade Short Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Jun 22, 2017.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And yet, those staggering numbers were only after their list was narrowed down to cases of outright child-theft - there were untold millions of war orphans and refugee children left without homes as result of their conflict. The destructive tidal wave of war had washed over soldiers and civilians alike, and trillions upon trillions in the galaxy were still trying to make sense of their losses.

This really touched a string inside me, not only as a kindergarten teacher, but also as the child of two WW2 refugee children, @Mira_Jade.

What I also like about your story is the mix of humour and thoughtful passages.

And now you have an Ezra in it, too. "Destroying" flower beds.

The conversation between Caleb & Anakin was deep, too.

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    A chat between Anakin and Caleb—wow! You really have a talent for bringing together characters whom the official lore has kept apart, and doing so in ways that not only make complete sense but are just plain beautiful. I love their conversation, the way it fits in with the task of tracking down Red's family, and the way it brings to light their differing attitudes toward the concept of family; Anakin is the perfect guide for Caleb on this subject, and I'm curious to see if he'll manage to bring him around about the opportunity to meet his own family. I do take Anakin's "liar" point, but on the other hand I kind of see where Caleb is coming from, given the way his life has been so far and given what a formative experience his time on the battlefield was. Naturally I'm also very curious about this lead Anakin says he's found... [face_thinking]

And lookie, there's Ezra! [face_dancing] :ezra: [face_dancing] What fun to see him as a mischievous little scamp getting into all sorts of mischievous highjinks in and around the Jedi Temple! Hoo boy, Caleb doesn't know how right he is when he says:

Especially since he's probably going to be said Master! [face_laugh] :D Ezra and Rhysa look like such fun pals for li'l Luke and Leia, and it's good to see like Red/Mara is just starting to let them maybe become her pals, too. Plus, I love how the clones are now assisting with the gardens and other temple upkeep tasks—what a cool idea and a perfect fit for this AU. :cool: And finally—ogosh, this cliffhanger! I'm worried now—what have the kids found in that jungle, and why do I suspect that it's something terrible involving Red? Don't keep us waiting too long, please! [face_nail_biting] [face_nail_biting] [face_nail_biting]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Just found this ‘verse today. It’s awesome! If only! Well done!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.