main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Boring. Sick of Twi-Leks, or any other race having to do with headtails. At least Zeb is something new, though...my favorite new character, in fact. And I haven't even seen him do anything yet.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I was bothered by the choice of Twi'lek at first as well since we saw SO many of them in TCW, but really they don't appear till the last film of the OT so in that light I'm okay with it.

3. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    I don't mind that she's a Twi'lek at all. Some of my favorite female star wars characters are Twi'leks. Darth Talon, Vette, Yuthura Ban.

Heck, one of the major reasons I'm upset that Dark Horse lost Star Wars is I'll never see more of Darth Talon.

But really, with this whole disagreement, there may of been alot of Twi'lek's but one's never been a main character, so Hera is unique among them in that, and I welcome it.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A pilot? Bring her on!

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Awww, she looks so awesome.

I feel better and better about Rebels day after day. This show has the potential to be awesome.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Something I was just thinking about. She doesn't speak with a French accent. I know, not every Twi'lek in TCW did, but Cham Syndulla did. If she's any relation to him I would be interested to find out why she doesn't. Maybe if she is his daughter, they were separated because of the war or something like that and she grew up around Twi'lek (or other people) who didn't speak with one.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know how old either Cham or Hera are supposed to be. She could be his daughter, but with the vagueness in age, I could just as easily see her being his widowed wife, in which case she might have been from another community on Ryloth that spoke with a different dialect, or born off world.

8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    That was the other possibility I was thinking about. Hopefully they'll at least nail down how old some of the characters are as time goes on.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sort of interested in knowing how old she is, but "adult" is really enough to be honest.

And I've never been one to pay much attention to species but I still kind of like that she's a Twi'lek.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I've been watching Justice League on Netflix (I it backwards and watched JLU first), and I know that Wonder Woman often will exclaim "Hera!" or "Hera help us!" when the odds are stacked against her. In the IGN interview, Greg Weisman does say that he's much more knowledgeable of the DC Universe than the Star Wars Universe, and having worked on Young Justice, I'm wondering if the character's name is a nod to WW. Or she could be named for the goddess directly, and have it just be coincidence that Wonder Woman also calls upon the name of Hera.

Though Hera is the wife of Zeus, so I wonder if Cham Syndulla was Zeus.

:-B

11. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I would guess that she's about what Han's age was in A New Hope. You can't be too young and own a ship, that kind of stretches things a little.

And a quick re-watch of "Liberty on Ryloth" and I really don't think she's Cham Syndulla's daughter. For one, the age, that was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5. So that would put Hera at about 20 at the start of Rebels; so it is possible, but again maybe a little young to own a ship. The Lekku design is different too. Of course I have no idea how that works and how it's explained, but it is different. And Hera's skin is greener than the little girl that jumps into Cham Syndulla's arms, but that can be explained away too I suppose.

In all, if the leaked Lego information is 100% factual, then Hera could be a younger sister of Cham Syndulla, or a younger cousin or niece or something.

12. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    What leaked Lego info?

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The little girl in Cham's arms is orange, so yeah...

14. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Actually, I guess it isn't really "leaked" information because USAToday ran an article on it...
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/02/13/star-wars-rebels-lego-toy-fair/5463627/

So it is official.

EDIT: And Lego should be LEGO? I know Legos with an 's' is wrong, LEGO is singular and plural like Jedi or deer. Anyway, never mind. :)

15. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Its refreshing to see a female Twi'lek that isn't dressing like a harlot for a change.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Really?

17. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Because we know they all do, and Hera is unique in that she doesn't.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope that Hera is related to Cham. I don't want Rebels to feel like it doesn't take place in the same universe as TCW.

CoolyFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  20. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    No French accent?

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Of the crew she has the best chance from what little I've seen of me liking her of the Ghost crew and for me that's saying something as I tend to distrust women.

22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Wish we got a female trandoshin then a twilek.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  24. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think the association of Twileks with the Outer Rim and seedy places in general is a good note for the show to hit, but I don't really anticipate liking the "mother hen" aspect of the character. Hopefully she gets some stories that relate more to her piloting. I never got into the adoration of Biggs and Wedge, and it would be cool to have another pilot character besides Han get some serious screen time. It would be neat if she had a rivalry with an Imperial pilot -- although with the Ghost not being a starfighter and TIEs being sort of anonymous, I won't mind if that's not in the cards.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think the mother hen aspect is needed and a great trait to have counterbalance the likely overly fun tone Rebels will likely strike. I like Biggs a lot, never got into Wedge. A rivalry with an Imperial could be interesting.