main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Here we are... FanForce Community Mod Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by MacCaffrey, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Them damn mods keeping everything secret-like.

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    They certainly do, Rox. :p

If Strawbary posts her pic before we hear anything from the mods in this thread, I won't be surprised. [face_laugh]

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I could post it in the OFH

but I won't :p

4. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Very funny. ;)

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I said that only in the knowledge that it'd arrive here the same day O:)

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    *jumps up and down*

:_|

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ok I am up'ing this so we can discuss the suggestions in here, this way things can get addressed and we can all get a feel for things moving forward ;)

As far as the moving social thread I still support it and if we can get a team of people who would like to travel and invade the different forums why not? [face_devil]

if it directs traffic here then why not?

I firmly believe however that if you are to attempt something of that nature we inform the moderator of that forum/chapter ahead of time so there are no suprises.

Is that around what u guys were thinking? /please let me know....I would like to see this moving along soon.

forgive me am I missing anything else?

We have a few activities we will be kicking off shortly as soon as I get the ok from the other Mods here...I have already posted in the OFH to get things going so hang in there :)

I feel badly I have been ill since about Halloween off and on and I cant seem to shake it so I apologise for my absence here on the boards :(
    I have had to back out of several activities this past month as well :(

I am back online (still with a darned cold) but working nonetheless ;)
    so bare with me while I try to catch up on the forum :)

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Good to see you back, Strawbary. It's not nice being ill. :)

Regarding the MST, of course we would contact the RSA of the forum before moving there. I believe that is how the JC MST was conducted. Senny, can you briefly explain?

But nevertheless, it's a relief to see this thread finally get back up.

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back, Strawbarry! :)
    Like BoogieMan said, I'm glad to see this thread back again. :)

What suggestions do you want to discuss? Or for which part do you need ideas exactly?

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, maybe I should ask this question then.......

the activity has since picked up in here and everyone seems ok with that..... aside from getting a traveling thread....... what else would you like to see happen here? :)

We have a game currently going. We have a few contests in the works.....

what else would you suggest... I'm all ears :)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    what else would you like to see happen here?

Only in this board? Or even a bit "outside"?
    Outside I would love to see a new describtion on the board, because the current one isn't really clear and isn't really fitting for this board and how it works and what we do here. (Haven't I said that before somewhere? :confused: )

Inside the board:
    I would love to see the rules edited as already mentioned.
    Due changing the board describtion I think there could be more people with ideas for new threads.
    And it would be good if doing changes won't take forever, because at the moment the interest on this board is there, but if everything falls asleep again, a lot of people will loose interest again.

What contests are you speaking about? Other games?
    It would be nice to have a game which is run by a person which is carrying for it and shows respect for the people.

Ok, that weren't that many new ideas. I think most of them I have posted already. But it is a start and if I get more ideas, I'll post them. :)

Edit: And of course maybe the RSA/CRs could mention FFC in their FF. Not by posting a new thread, but for hinting at FFC if there's a chance or putting it into their sigs for a while. :)

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok -

As far as rules go, I wasnt aware the rules have not been edited, thats something I will definitely look in to. I thought that was all set ;)

Outside the boards - what would you like the description to be? I have no problem changing it for everyone . I agree it needs a fresh new descrioption to go along with the fresh new attitudes around here :)

I have added the FFc in my sig so hopefully that will help a teeny bit. I will also post in the Ne regional forum about the FFC and to the CR's as well.

Contests.... hmmm, well, I didnt want to let the cat out of the bag just yet however I do feel the FFc should have some fun and something to look forward too ;) I really feel with the new changes going on we need a fresh new look as well. The new banner we have for now is fine however I would like to have a new one in place and let the FFc decide which one they would like.
    So look for details ont hat one hopefully by this weekend :)

I am trying to multitask here at work so I do hope I have addressed the concerns you posted ski :)
    Please let me know what else I missed.

I do agree we should have contests run by people here who care no doubt about that.
    Which brings me to the traveling thread. I believe someone told me it was Dans idea on that thread so we should let him Host/Co-host that? I have no probs there.

I hope that was everything.... *scratches head*

EDIT: Made an announcement in the Chapter Rep Forum so they can announce this to their chapters. Hopefully it will direct some traffic here for everyone :)

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok posted an announcement in the NE too... so...brace yourself for a hopeful wave of posting enthusiasts

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, and another thing I wanted to add... I would first bring up the edited rules and the describtion and then trying to get more people to this place, because then the new people know what they can do and what not and how this new home should feel like. :)
    Means first preparing and tidying up the home and then let the "invited" people come in. ;) :)

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    While the activity has certainly picked up, it is still by no means an international meeting place for all FanForce. I guarantee that at least 40% of the FanForce would not know of this forum. I should also add that this forum shouldn't be about the level of activity (although that certainly helps), but rather its place as an international meeting ground and the potential for it to form friendships.

In regards to what I would like to see happen here, you only need to look back to the previous page to see my thoughts. Yes, we need a new forum description. Yes, we need the forum rules and guidelines to be refined, and possibly even a FAQ added in. Yes, we need to 'advertise' the forum so more people know about it, and know that it is active, even if they don't choose to use it.

I am intrigued by your hints of a new contest, Strawbary. I can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up!

Regarding the MST, it was my idea, yes. I'd be happy to 'host' it if by 'host' you mean organise and recruit for it. However, as I have said before I'd need to get a few RSAs or GSAs on board to a) move the thread when the time comes, and b) moderate it. I'd be happy to keep an eye on the thread and let an RSA/GSA know if trouble was brewing, but it would also be good to see an official face around some of the time.

I also have to add that as Sabine said, it would be best to get things moving quickly. While the initial changes to this forum brought many new regular users, much momentum has been lost in the past month or so. The community will only stay at the current level, or worse, regress back to prior standards if momentum is not regained.

Ultimately, FanForce Community is less about what we do with the specific forum and more to do with how we deal with the shifting nature of Star Wars fandom in the FanForce in general. FanForce has thrived for years while the prequels have been successful. Granted, we still have a TV series to look forward to, but it is almost certain that Star Wars is going to see a drop in the public consciousness in the coming years. The administration of FanForce has to be proactive in approaching the coming years and FanForce Community provides an opportunity to begin a new approach to ensure the future success of the organisation.

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Sorry for double posting, but I just noticed that BrotherHalo is now in the header for the FFC. Is he replacing Spike Speigel? What's going on?

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    :eek: Since when? And why? And...? *is confused*
    Is there any annoucement we've missed? :confused:

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes Spike is Still a GSa however due to his busy schedule Brother Halo will be helping out in this forum. It just happened a day or two ago.. I will nag him to pop in and introduce himself to everyone :)

I am reading everyones posts from a page or two ago Dan and putting a few things together so I will reply to your previous post in a bit...

Trying to catch up :)

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    WHOOPS! I think I was getting confused with the Procrastination thread! [face_laugh]

Hello all, I'm BrotherHalo, the latest mod for the FFC. I've been in FF since
    <- May '03.

I may not be as "weathered" as other FFers and JCers, but I've been doing Star Wars online stuff on and off for the past ... nearly 10 or so years. I first began working as a contributor and then later as head Video Game Editor at SirStevesGuide.com back in 95-97. I have also been a contributor to Echostation.com. Got burnt out with Star Wars prior to Episode I, but got quickly sucked back in, especially to TheForce.net. Found out about a local FanForce chapter in the spring of '03. Served as CR of Mos Alba from January '04 through September of '05 and been an RSA for the Southwest Region since January of this year as well.

I'm glad to be helping out here where needed. Since Spike is a busy GSA now, I volunteered to help out and I'm sure I'll find out very soon that I'll have regretted doing so! [face_laugh]

20. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Mea culpa, my dear FFC Posters! I forgot to make a proper introduction to our new RSA to support this Forum! :)

Yes, it is my fault, I was a bit slow and burried in RL work. [face_blush]
    Next time I try that it is next time the otherway around. ;)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see... :p

Welcome BrotherHalo! :D
    Have a nice time as a FFC Mod. :D

And good to know what's going on. ;) :)

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Excellent, thanks for letting me know, Strawbary. :)

And welcome, BrotherHalo. While it is a bit startling to see you appear without warning, I am sure it is a change for good. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all have so far!

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    BrotherHalo!, I see our Lord and Master has taken time to come and enlighten us with his wisdom.

*prostrates herself before BH*

[face_clown] ;)

24. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    *pats DLJ on the head*

You may stand, DLJ! :p

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I hope to make a positive contribution here and want everyone to know that my PM box is always open!

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Good cause I need to send you a PM :p

Now I just have to remember why [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.