main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    BigAl6ft6, Jedi Ben and Yodaminch like this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't Clancy Brown voice Lex Luthor in the Superman animated series?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yes.

The car.

“Chicks dig the car”

:p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    darth-sinister and PCCViking like this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dp4m likes this.
  5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I really loved him as President Johnson on that one episode of the Crown.

Yodaminch and heels1785 like this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    he was a great lbj. especially in comparison to michael c hall, who was an awful jfk.

Yodaminch and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, according to this season of "The Flash"
    Barry and Iris have met Red Death from Hypertime. This Ryan Wilder was adopted by the Wayne family since Bruce did not exist and became Batwoman after they were killed. She gave herself artificial speed and after killing Iris, tried to hide in the Speed Force, but was ejected into Earth-Prime. My guess is Barry in the film causes a partial merging with Earth-789, due to the Multiverse being damaged from the Crisis.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    He's probably gonna do his ZSJL live commentary and tell people to give the new stuff a chance while hawking his new project with Netflix. It'll probably be a "This is the end of the line for me, please move on or watch my new movie pls."

rocknroll41 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All signs point to a convention of some sort, btw.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Let’s not pretend he doesn’t know exactly what he stirs up with this framing.

rocknroll41 and dp4m like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, absolutely

rocknroll41 likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Just because I like the full quote:

"Yes, I’m directing Superman: Legacy to be released on July 11, 2025. My brother Matt told me when he saw the release date he started to cry. I asked him why. He said, “Dude, it’s Dad’s birthday.” I hadn’t realized.
    I lost my Dad almost three years ago. He was my best friend. He didn’t understand me as a kid, but he supported my love of comics and my love of film and I wouldn’t be making this movie now without him.
    It has been a long road to this point. I was offered Superman years ago - I initially said no because I didn’t have a way in that felt unique and fun and emotional that gave Superman the dignity he deserved.
    Then a bit less than a year ago I saw a way in, in many ways centering around Superman’s heritage - how both his aristocratic Kryptonian parents and his Kansas farmer parents inform who he is and the choices he makes.
    So I chose to finally take on writing the script. But I was hesitant to direct, despite the constant pestering by Peter Safran and others to commit (sorry, Peter).
    Just because I write something doesn’t mean I feel it in my bones, visually and emotionally, enough to spend over two years directing it, especially not something of this magnitude.
    But, the long and the short of it is, I love this script, and I’m incredibly excited as we begin this journey.
    #UpUpandAway"

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I wonder what incongruous pop song Superman will soar to?

In other news, Affleck definitely passes on directing any DC (but says he finally nailed it in The Flash at least)

"The Justice League experience, the fact that those stories became somewhat repetitive to me and less interesting. Yeah, I did finally figure out how to play that character [Batman], and I nailed it in The Flash. For the five minutes I’m there, it’s really great. A lot of it’s just tone. You’ve got to figure out, what’s your version of the person? Who is the guy that fits what you can do? I tried to fit myself into a Batman. And by the way, I like a lot of the stuff we did, especially the first one [Batman v Superman].

But not Justice League. What went wrong there?

Justice League … You could teach a seminar on all the reasons why this is how not to do it. Ranging from production to bad decisions to horrible personal tragedy, and just ending with the most monstrous taste in my mouth. The genius, and the silver lining, is that Zack Snyder eventually went to AT&T and was like, “Look, I can get you four hours of content.” And it’s principally just all the slow motion that he shot in black-and-white. And one day of shooting with me and him. He was like, “Do you want to come shoot in my backyard?” I was like, “I think there are unions, Zack. I think we have to make a deal.” But I went and did it. And now [Zack Snyder’s Justice League] is my highest-rated movie on IMDb.

Isn’t that because Zack Snyder’s fans are so intense online?

Say what you want, it is my highest-rated career movie. I’ve never had one that went from nadir to pinnacle. Retroactively, it’s a hit. All of a sudden I was getting congratulated for the bomb I’m in. But I was going to direct a Batman, and [Justice League] made me go, “I’m out. I never want to do any of this again. I’m not suited.” That was the worst experience I’ve ever seen in a business which is full of some ****** experiences. It broke my heart. There was an idea of someone [Joss Whedon] coming in, like, “I’ll rescue you and we’ll do 60 days of shooting and I’ll write a whole thing around what you have. I’ve got the secret.” And it wasn’t the secret. That was hard. And I started to drink too much. I was back at the hotel in London, it was either that or jump out the window. And I just thought, “This isn’t the life I want. My kids aren’t here. I’m miserable.” You want to go to work and find something interesting to hang onto, rather than just wearing a rubber suit, and most of it you’re just standing against the computer screen going, “If this nuclear waste gets loose, we’ll …” That’s fine. I don’t condescend to that or put it down, but I got to a point where I found it creatively not satisfying. Also just, you’re sweaty and exhausted. And I thought, “I don’t want to participate in this in any way. And I don’t want to squander any more of my life, of which I have a limited amount.”

So if DC came to you now and said, “Do you want to direct something?”

I would not direct something for the [James] Gunn DC. Absolutely not. I have nothing against James Gunn. Nice guy, sure he’s going to do a great job. I just wouldn’t want to go in and direct in the way they’re doing that. I’m not interested in that."

And I saw Shazam: Fury of the Gods. I didn't like it as much as the first movie but I freakin' love the first movie so it's not amazing like that, that's okay. Definitely lots of spectacle though! Missing a lot of the smaller character moments that hit so hard in the first film. But not to say it isn't fun or funny, but it's definitely loading up on CGI beasties and lightning.

Fantastic Gal Gadot cameo at the end. I honestly thought they were going to kill off Billy Batson to give it some dramatic heft but hey, Diana shows up because they do have a God on call. Also Harcourt and Economos! And they got in a great slam on the Justice League/Justice Society and someone actually called Shazam Captain Marvel. Really not a lot of Billy Batson in this film, he's almost a guest star compared to how much he's in the first. So depending if you like Levi's Captain Thundercrack will depend how much you like this movie

Anyway don't recast people, dumb. Okay Batfamily and Superman crew gets recast as they have been for decades but don't turf the cast you got.

Rew likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

This looks... good? And... fun? Well, whatdayaknow...

I mean, granted, this one looks the most like a Marvel movie and feels like it could be competing with Ironheart for the "Iron Man Jr" category. But, comparisons aside, still looks fun.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  18. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Blue beetle actually looks good.

….did Kevin Feige make it?

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    our last movie made twelve dollars, let's put out a hype trailer to get people to the theaters!

LINE ONE: (BATMAN) WHEN MY PARENTS DIED...

first media screening is going on now at cinemacon.

The2ndQuest , Sarge and SuperWatto like this.
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    DC has a Batman problem, by which I mean they only seem to know how to market Batman. This is not restricted to the films (for once).

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    recall a recent interview with michael shannon in which he said he had no idea what was going on while shooting this film. the line they chose of his for this trailer is delivered with the conviction of joe biden, post-nap. thisworldmustdie.

cgi looks really rough in spots, too. especially on flash number two when armored, looks like the unfinished version in the snyder cut knightmare scene.

SuperWatto likes this.
  22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I seem to enjoy multiverses stories but I think it's pathetic that DC is now doing it, within like a year after Marvel. Cynical cash grab can't appear more cynical.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I suppose the moral is that if you make a film about a multiverse, you should be prepared to have your star show up on TMZ for being a sociopath.

Now, which of Ezra Miller or Jonathan Majors is the variant is the conundrum.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I might go see it. I'm curious enough and it has Keaton.

Sarge likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the two projects (flash and doctor strange two) wrapped filming in the same month.

so wbdc aren't copycats, they're just really incompetent. especially so at running background checks.

SuperWatto likes this.