main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Heroes: Rise of the Chosen (now accepting new players)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthCemeroX, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Ando: Every hero is on a journey to find his place in the world, it is a JOURNEY, you don't start at the end, otherwise they can't make a movie about it later.

Heroes?a hero, like time is relative. A hero could mean many things to many people. Regardless the Hero will always face his or her own call to action and be forced to make the choice. Between the prospects of glory or the promise of safety. However fate isn?t so kind as to wait for the decision to be made?

In a time of darkness four years after the death of Sylar, the government is a wreck. In the wake of Nathan Petrelli?s death a president has been replaced by a council. However this council has taken hold of every aspect of America. With the formation of the Nation Security Bureau, the gifted men, women, and children of the world have been forced into hiding. However the NSB will play hide and seek, for they have a tracking system. The girl formerly known as Molly is now a simple machine, no free will and no thought.

Far from helpless, those with powers have taken action. Rallying together they have formed a team called RST (Resistance Strike Team). At the front line of this team is Peter Petrelli, (the only Hero from the show who isn?t dead). With a team of brave heroes, he lead a mission to go back in time, two years. They succeeded in protecting Molly from the NSB, however when they returned to the present, they found things have become far worse then they can imagine. Molly lead the NSB to many dangerous people, among these the ?Boogie Man?. Now the Boogie Man is in control of the NSB and the RST desperately struggles to stay alive. In order to do that they need the aid of an old friend Professor Suresh, who is currently in Canada aiding heroes on the run. So Canada bound the RST has begun to mobilize, however they aren?t the only gifted one?s looking for the Professor?

Character Sheet

Name:
    Nationality:
    Talents: (artist, fighter, actor. Janitor)
    Current Location:
    Affiliation: (NSB, RST, or independent as of now)
    Family:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Weapon: (gun, sword, knife. Should be relative to the character and their ability or alliance)

Rules and guidelines

1.Obey the TOS at all times.

2.This one is important so remember it: PM your character sheets to the GM for approval before posting them. I cannot stress this enough, because I would not want 13 characters running around regenerating, shooting fire balls, freezing people, making weapons out of furniture.

3.Powers have no limit, look at Marvel, DC, Dark horse, anything. Anything sort of super human, or unusual power. I am going to be pretty loose about this, until somebody PM?s that their power is killing people with their mind. Powers could allow you to do something like that, but not an instant death deal. Like I said the super hero world is a good place to start.

4. No doubles of characters and/or powers. If someone is already a Fire user or a regenerative character, then think of something else. (See rule 2)

5.The two main Factions are NSB and RST. Eventually new sides will open. Independent players are HEROES who haven?t chosen alliance yet, mostly because they haven?t been discovered by either side.

6.NO Cannon characters. I?ll play Peter Petrelli, but I want to have OC?s for the most part. However whoever wants to step up as the Boogie Man, take the part. If you do it?s a BIG role, CO-GM level.

7.Side-plots are encouraged greatly along with any main-plot or mission set up by the GM. Love, pregnancies, and emotional issues are considered side-plots (Keep it PG if you?re going to do anything of the sort. See rule 1.)

8.Posts must be at least one paragraph.

9.No killing other characters without consulting me, the CO-GM, or the character.

10.Be as realistic as the world of the game allows

11.Two character limit

12.Keep OOC to a minimum.

13. All non-gifted players,( if you choose to be a Linderman type) must have an alliance to either the NSB or RST

14.Peter is the o

2. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    espect my CS soon

3. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007

OOC: WE're NON Cannon, the show has season 2 airing soon. But we play by our own story.
    Here's My Cs

Name: Peter Petrelli
    Appearance: Young, long hair. Side part, an inch or two off his shoulder. Five o? clock shadow at times. Wears a scar across his left cheek, despite his healing abilities. Wears a grey wool trench coat. Faded black pants.
    Special Ability: Sponge like powers. Absorbs other abilities. Current powers: Healing, time travel, radioactive blasts, paint the future, telekinesis, ability to fly.
    Nationality: America, of German decent.
    Talents: (artist, fighter, actor. Janitor) Artist (part of his powers0
    Current Location: Canada with the RST
    Affiliation: (NSB, RST, or independent as of now)RST
    Family: Nathan Petrelli (dead), Clair Bennett( Missing), Mother(dead) all other family is unknown
    Personality: Kind, gentle. Has good heart, a born leader.
    Bio: From the time he discovered his powers things have been rough. On a train he was approached by a man named Hiro who warned him of the coming dangers. After two months of absorbing abilities and being on the run finally the day came. The showdown between Sylar and himself end with many casualties. His brother and Sylar. A year later Peter formed the RST in order to protect other gifted ones. Following the foot steps of Mr. Bennett, he took in any who came to him. However after the NSB began to kidnap the heroes. The RST went on the offensive, in the process they lost Molly. And in attempt to go back in time to prevent her loss, things became worse. Now stationed in Canada using an abandoned Mansion as the base of the RST, they search for DR. Suresh.
    Weapon: (gun, sword, knife. Should be relative to the character and their ability or alliance) None

4. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    GM APPROVED

Welcome GreyJedi125

Name: Emmanuel, Manuel, "Manny" Mendez
    Appearance: Dark hair, tan skin, brown eyes. 5'10", 145lbs. Athletic.
    Special Ability: telekinesis
    Nationality: American, hispanic descent
    Talents: Artist, martial artist, student
    Current Location: New York City
    Affiliation: Independent as of now. Looking for RST
    Family: Carmen (mother), Ismael (younger brother), Sarah ( baby sis )
    Personality: Formerly good natured and happy, family oriented. Now morose and nihilistic and on the run due to persecution from NSB.

Bio: Manuel always displayed a modicum of his TK abilities as a child. Especially when he was excited or hungry. If he wanted his rattle, it would mysteriously float to him, as would his bottle when the time came. His mother only discouraged him from doing this in public. But as it always happened, someone would find out, or suspect and they would have to move. So the Mendez family had to move alot. Despite this, Mama Mendez always made her son feel special and told him so. She said that he had a great gift and a great destiny, and somehow, that always made the bad times feel not so bad.

When puberty hit, Manuel's powers increased exponentially and seemed almost out of control. This was a very difficult time for theMendez family and for Manuel especially. He felt guilty for the trouble he was causing. As fate would have it, he joined a Tae Kwon Do Dojo and began to learn martial discipline, which helped him greatly to control his powers, hence Manuel went to the Dojo religiously.

Generally a friendly loner during his years in highschool, Manuel opted to go to art college, however, he still had to work at the local gift shop. His schedule was quite busy with Art College, work and training. Life was for the most part tolerable, until the NSB. Now Manuel is on the run and homeless. He did not wish to get his family in even greater trouble, so he simply left. Now after so many close calls, he is looking for the rumored RST. He is tired of running and wants to fight back.

Weapon: Besides his martial arts and telekinesis, manuel is also an expert with the Bo staff.

5. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: no mean to rain on ur parade, but peter can only temporarialy use peoples powers, he cant permernantly use them, if u looked on the Heroes website, ud learn that. otherwise its technically god-modding.

6. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: No, see he does retains them by remembering the person he took them from. PRetty sure the show said that he could, hence his ability to do so in those future episodes. And it's not really god modding, it's the character, and since I'm GM I have the liberty to have a slightly all powerful character but don't worry about it I'm not going to be unfair.

7. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: lol, ok, just checking that u werent going to go and see someone with like hugely immensely cool powers and go "aha, mine!!" and then cane everyone with it while my guy is teleporting around like "oh god, where am i??" and end up in a wall or something...lol

8. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: NEver, but let's keep OOC to a minimum.

9. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    GM APPROVED

Name: Animagos Uaniena
    Appearance: Pitch Black shoulder-length hair & light blue skin, he has the appearance of a un-horned and thin devil, with a three arrowed tail and no clothes, patches of skin cover his privates and rear. Prominent shoulder blades that curve up towards his collar bone slightly. In public he wears a fully covering blue cloak.
    Special Ability: Psycic (location portal opening, energy beams, hovering & hover-flight)
    Nationality: Romanian
    Talents: Scholar, Cleric
    Current Location: New York, Public Library.
    Affiliation: Independent as of now
    Family: None alive.
    Personality: Smart and agile, Animagos is very quick to descicions and a gifted strategist and is intelligent in many areas.
    Bio: Animagos was born into an ordinary Romanian family as an ordinary child, no skin colouring or powers, but when he became a teenager, he began developing and noticing powers evolve, he was already a intelligent young man and when his skin pigment turned blue, he tested himself and realised that he was undergoing a change never seen by any living humans, at the age of 20 he was fully developed and he knew what and how to use his powers. He had been running from Sylar for as long as he could remember, and once he heard he was dead, he could finnaly rest.
    Weapon: Titanium-hard extendable nail-claws, energy beams, he can open portals infront of his enemies and suck them into it, taking them to another place. (the portal is his non-personal teleportation device) His lazers shoot from to half-moon symbols on his forehead, if these are damaged (being burnt, cut, whatever) then he cannot use them until they heal fully.

10. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007

GM APPROVED
    Welcome
    APademek

Name: Elizabeth Sylvanus
    Appearance:

Special Ability: Can Manipulate Organic Matter
    I.E. She can say, make an apple ten times its size or make a mans arm twist into a knot.
    Nationality: American
    Talents: Doctor
    Current Location: New York
    Affiliation: NSB
    Family: Mother and Father in england.
    Personality: Elizabeth is a cool minded and brilliant. She can be seen as cruel because she really doesn't care for anybody else only for her career the NSB and the advancement of the NSB. She is arrogant and sarcastic often.
    Bio:
    Elizabeth was always smart in school an A+ student. Achieving high grades she soon went to college and then medical, also achieving high grades. People told her she was going to have a brilliant career but it all went down hill when she became an intern. When she became an intern doctors were becoming confused, her patients often became cured without having their medical aid. Elizabeth found out this was due to her special ability and was soon picked up by the NSB. She was never very close to her parents and when she found the NSB, who taught her to hone her powers she soon began to think of it as her family.
    Weapon: She kept a large scalpel.

11. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007

Welcome Twinky_stryder
    GM approved

Name: Ruth Hart
    Appearance: Medium build, some would say chubby, about 5'7 in height. Auburn hair, gray eyes
    Special Ability: Hydrokinesis- Can control water and ice.
    Nationality: English
    Talents: Basic self defense. Student
    Current Location: New York
    Affiliation: independant
    Family: Father: unknown (location unknown), Mother: Jennifer Hart (alive, Living in England)
    Personality: Usually optimistic and good natured, but has a bad temper when provoked.
    Bio: Ruth lived a normal childhood in London until discovering her ability at age 9. Ruth was happy with her power, but her mother was frightened, telling her to never use it.
    Ruth practised her power regardless of her mother's words, but was careful, especially with the recent acts against people with abilities.
    Three months ago Ruth moved to New York, studying to becoming a High School English teacher and making some money by waitressing at night.
    She has heard about the underground resistence, but wants to just keep her head down and let things pass by.
    Weapon: none

12. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    Sent my cs waiting for confermation.

13. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: Hey chanbill, being 17 again?

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    Hey this is one that I can get away with it in. :D

15. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    LOL, u goinna post on urs??? everyone otherthan me and a few other (that ive met) take ages 2 post anything!!

(Below) sorry for the interruption

16. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Lets keep OOC to a minimum.Thanks
    And chanbill check ur Pm box, we have a discretion.

17. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: So when we starting up?

18. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: As soon as we get more players

19. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: dude, we have enough players, and if we dont start, this will die because no-one will post on it, new people wont becauser they will think its dead, so lets start already.

20. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: Well I plan on the game starting today.

It's 2:30 here, so at my 4 we'll start

21. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    GM APPROVED
    WElcome CHanbIll

Name: Chandler Billings
    Appearance: Average height/build, dark brown hair, silver eyes.
    Special Ability: He can turn drawings into the real deal, turns fantasy into reality.
    Nationality: American
    Talents: Writer/Artist
    Current Location: Northern New York, Canadian Border
    Affiliation: Independant for now.
    Family: All alive. I haven't really been discovered yet.
    Personality: Protective of friends and family, friendly, doesn't like having his ideas cast aside. Likes to voice his opinions.
    Bio: Born in a small town near the New York/Canadian Border, he grew up not knowing that he had the power to literally bring his drawing to life. However one day as he was walking home he was attacked, freeking out he grabbed onto the only thing he had to protect him, it ended being his sketch book. Looking up when he saw he had been unharmed he saw that a shield had appeared before him, the very shield he had drawn that very day. Chandler escaped and eventually discovered he materialize anything that he could draw. He now keeps this ability hidden, but still uses it when he needs to. Little does he know he is being hunted.
    Weapon: Anything he wishes, he once drew a sword and used it to practice his fighting skills on a practice dummy he made out of a dead tree. He also drew armor that was light as what he drew it on, but as hard as the steel that it was meant to represent.

22. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC:pEter Petrelli, David Ferth (NPC, Manipulates and creates fire)
    Canadian Border of New york

It was December, and snowy. The white contrasted with the current greys and brown. "I've been here before" David said lookign through some rubble. The landscape was a dark ruin. Burning cars, burnt houses, debris, broken windows, boarded up doors. "It was green last time I was here, and the sky..." David said looking up with sadness. "The sky was blue,and the sun shined bright" he added, Peter lowered his head in despair. "When we look back I always ask myself, was it worth it. Exchanging our planet to save those victimized by the NSB and I always answer the same thing," he explained to David as they walked amongst the rubble, "And that's if I had known the answer, I'd never have had to ask the question."
    "Chandler Billings huh" David said as they came to a stop, "And Emmanuel Mendez" Peter added.
    The two they spoke of were both currently in New york somewhere, they were close. His ability to locate the gifted ones came from contact with Molly, "Do you think they'll come along..."David asked as they continued to walk out of the rubble, they came to an old highway. The snow danced in the air, it was nice to see something of nature was stil left. "I don't know, but we have to try" Peter said.

They paused, Peter closed his eyes as he began to search for them and using his Telekenesis he contacted them at the same time.

"Emmanuel, Chandler...this is Peter Petrelli. I'm coming to help you..."

TAG: Emmanuel and Chandler

OOC: BTW all independent characters should do an intro post just given current status.

23. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    YAY!! its on!!( and I'll assume you meant communicate 'telepathically' )[face_dancing]

IC: Emmanuel Mendez

FDR DRIVE, New York City, Lower East Side

It was December and snowy.The white contrasted with the current greys and brown. But Emmanuel hardly noticed anymore. How long has it been snowing, Emmanuel no longer knew. All he knew now was that he was about to freeze to death. He had not eaten in days. He'd been running away from NSB agents for days now, maybe even weeks since he'd last encountered them. Now he'd finally given them slip, he was almost convinced of this.

Presently, he was under the bridge, behind a bunch of large dumpsters. Someone had set a fire inside one of them the night before, but it had gone out hours ago, thanks to the snow. Emmanuel had covered himself with an old filthy comforter and a shawl he had thrown over himself and the rags he wore, but now they he was completely covered in white snow. He could hardly feel his limbs. He could not move and his teeth ached from all the chattering. He was drifting in and out of conciousness, and he saw images of his family in his mind. Happy images of happier times. He smiled at his mother, who often loved to muss his hair now and again. He saw himself teaching his little brother Ismael, how to do a proper horse stance, and also singing songs to his baby sister sarah.

Maybe it was better this way. It was much better than being a NSB guinea pig.

Starngely enough, Emmanuel's powers seemed to be operating at heightened levels. Even half frozen to death, he could actually feel the movement of the snowflakes all around him.He was almost able to discern a pattern to what seemed like random drifting motions, but alas, he needed to sleep. Fortunatelly, it was this heightened state that allowed him to sense motion from well over 100 yards away. This allowed him to know and quickly get away from any undesireables that tried to approach him.....but now, it was time to sleep.

Emmanuel's eyes flickered, then closed. The snowflakes on his eyelashes felt too heavy and burdensome to lift.

"Huh? Who's there?" Emmanuel said, rousing back to conciousness. Was he hearing things? No, he hadn't heard it. He was at the point where he could feel it when people spoke. This was something inside his head. What was the name....Peter Petrelli...."

Emmanuel's eyes went wide with recognition. This was the leader of the 'Resistance', speaking to him at his most desperate hour. This was a Godsend. Tears welled in Emmanuels eyes as he struggled to move as hope burned fiercely inside his chest.

"I am here..." he said in a barely audible voice, vapor from his breath going out before him. Emmanuel projected his thoughts with all the strength he had left, before unconciousness slowly crept in to claim him.

Tag: GM

24. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    PEter Petrelli, David Ferth(NPC)

The two had just walked into what was once the Lincoln Tunnel. There was a giant crack in side that let water bleed through like an open wound.The lights in the tunnel went out when the east coast lost power a year ago after the NSB set out to capture an fifteen year old who could channel heat energy. David instinctively light a fire ball in his palm that lit the way. " This city used to be my home" Peter said as he moved the hair away from his eyes. David thought back to his home, he lived in London at the time. He had moved from Maine when he was twelve, he wasn't ever told why but he knew it was something that at the time he couldn't understand. But he did now... Predjudice,he was well aware of it now. When he was younger his father had had an ability to manipulate matter down to the cell. The power was catostrophic, his father was constant killing those around him. Preventign oxygen form entering the lungs, stopping blood flow. So his mother took him and fled.

The exited the bridge to see across the horizon a man under an old tattered blanket.

TAG:ALL

25. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings
    Randall Drive, Massena New York nearly two and a half miles north of Syracuse.

"Well Mom school blew big time today." Chandler said as he walked in the door to his house. His mother wasn't home yet, this was strange she said she'd be home early today. 'Well I guess she couldn't get off early.' he thought as he dropped his bookbag next to the couch. He proceeded to walk toward the kitchen.

The message came from nowhere. He turned around to see if maybe it was something on TV, but nothing was on. "Ok Chandler no more late night snacks." Chandler said as he resumed his trek to the kitchen for a drink. However something told him that it was more than that, he had read up on telepathy and knew it's abilities. "Peter Petrelli, hmm. Well let's see what he wants." Chandler then pulled a sketchbook from his bookbag and drew something, it was himself with a small radar pulse eminating from his head. "That ought to work." he added. He then placed his hand on the paper and focused his thoughts. "This is Chandler, what's this about? What do you need to help me with?" he thought sending it in a telepathic message to the person who had just talked to him in the same manner. "And who exactly are you and how is it you know my name and can use telepathy?" he added, he was full of questions, who was this man, and what was he helping him with?

TAG: Peter Petrelli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.