main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heroes:Villians - Season 3 (May Contain Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Lord_Lahmien, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    So after last night's big season opening, I am curious on how others feel about the direction of the show. Here are a few things that stood out to me both good and bad IMHO.

Good
    The seeming evolution of the older heroes powers.(Claires lose of pain,etc.)
    Nikki's third (or is it fourth) personality which seems to have a set of powers all her own.

Bad
    Originally IIRC, it was stated that Sylar ate the brains of his victims to gain there ability this is no longer the case.

Indifferent
    Suresh's discovery and subsequent transformation ala the Fly.
    All the time travel(Hiro and Peter) I perosnally have a thing against building plot elements off time travel and alternate futures.

[color=darkblue][b]Already have a Heroes thread for the forum here:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/science_fiction_and_fantasy_films_and_television/b10748/25129824/p42/?1043]Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed) [/link][/b][/color]

2. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    The brains thing doesn't bother me. I never remember anyone saying that Sylar eats brains. I remember reading interviews with the writers smiling and hinting at it, but that could be just them playing. And ever forum I have read it in always comes from fans who say it was confirmed but can't find where. I think it is just one of those obvious assumptions that seemed very true so people just seemed to believe it.

3. skabatula

skabatula Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2008
    I enjoyed it very much and look forward to next week.

4. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    LOL I always found the brains thing to be a big joke the fans made up. I never thought it was actually planned for the TV show. It was cool to see Sylar's powers left ambiguous but I guess it's nice to finally have an official explanation (mostly so I can shut my pro-eating-brains friend up).

The first two episodes of this season were pretty good so far. The only thing that bothered me at all was Mohinder's self-inflicted powers being almost a rip-off of remake of The Fly. The X-Men and Watchmen stuff in the show was just inspiration, but now this is heading into rip-off territory. I hope it's fixed up in the next episode. Everything else was cool and sets up a lot of interesting plots, such as Nathan's enlightenment, Nikki's new personality, the Linderman visions, Partman in Africa, Hiro vs Ando, and of course the changing of the future plot and Sylar's invulnerability.

BTW, am I only the one who thought the effect of Hiro stopping time and walking through the theif's "speed trail" was one of the coolest effects ever?

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    My Hope: Ando is the good guy.

As far as this opener goes, I really feel the show getting more into what comic fans enjoy, and less what the normal TV viewer enjoys. I Really expected this season to be almost a reboot, but no, it started right up where we left off. Which makes me as a fan, happy. But from what I've heard about the ratings, no one else is digging it. But hey, maybe it'll end next season. A nice four season show is always great to share with friends.

6. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    To me this season does feel like a retread of season 1, right down to the painter with the fuzzy white eyes. I have to say after two episodes I am losing the fire I was had for the show. The goodie Syler does not work for me, I did enjoy him reverting back to himself and taking that yell ability. And his trusty Vader style 'force choke' is always classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.