main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heroes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by MoD-Sith, Oct 9, 2006.

1. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I think its the mom...
    anyways it got picked up for a 4th season...

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I disagree with that theory. So far EVERYone's power has been something they desperately wanted when their power manifested.

Peter was the ultra-empathetic nurse-man and that translated to him taking on the power of those around him.
    Nathan always wanted to rise above (fruity sounding, but that's how I gather it)
    Matt wanted to know what was going on inside his wife and partner's head b/c of the cheating thing.
    Daphne wanted to be able to run b/c of her MS.
    Sylar wanted to be able to see how things work.
    The Haitian wanted to stop his brother's power (who wanted to be strong, much like the soldier they tested the syrum on in the lab).
    Hiro was obviously trying very hard to stop time when his power manifested.
    Ando, unfortunately for him, is a sidekick through and through and his power is to boost other people's powers.
    Nikki wanted to be strong.
    Nikki's husband (forget his name) wanted to escape from prison & then could walk through walls.

I know there are more, but you get the idea. I don't think it has to do with whats in their DNA so much as what they are needing/wanting when their power manifests. Peter injected himself when he just wanted to escape and grab at the closest power he could (though when you think about it, it doesn't make sense b/c he flew before he touched Nathan in that scene unless I'm remembering it wrong). I think maybe because he was so short-sighted when he took his new power, it manifested in this way so he doesn't keep all the powers, he just takes them when it is convenient and he needs them...then grabs a new one next time.

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    also, Angela is my top candidate for being Rebel. Claire's mom would be cool to, but I don't see that being the case at all. Angela seems to make the most sense...

but then again the way this show goes, it will probably be an all-new character.

4. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I'm kinda hoping for Rebel to be the woman from first season who was with Ted (the radioactive man), She became one with the computer cuz her powers were computer based in that she could communicate through any interface, at any time. I don't think she really ever went away.

... it would be so like a comic book to have a character resurface in such a way. [face_mischief]

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    that occurred to me too. she was one of the online characters or something that just had a cameo in the 1st season, right? I didn't think they'd ever bring her back, so I didn't put much thought into it.

btw Allison, you can watch the episodes online at NBC.com the day after it airs, or if you have Netflix they are available to watch online the Wednesday after it airs.

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I know. I was just so busy that week that I didn't get around to going back to find it online. And then when the next week came around, I was also short on time and faced with the choice- watch the new one or old one?

Interesting theory on the computer gal being Rebel. She would have the skills. I wonder if people would have forgotten her too much, though. Hm, maybe Rebel is more than one person? Like was suggested... though Angela doesn't have computer skills herself, what's to stop her from finding someone who does? She certainly has the knowledge and resources to find the right person with computer abilities. So maybe it's Angela and the computer gal?

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

It is Micah. ;)

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oooh, I forgot about Micah. They just kinda quit telling his story.

watching the new episode on Netflix now. 3 days late, but no commercials :D

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

Yeah that's right!

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have to say i liked the interaction with claire and bio-dad. i mean yes, nathan was trying to take care of the BAD people with powers, but i think he went about it ALL wrong.

OH and i dont' think Tracy is dead.

11. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I agree, the Mexico stuff was awesome. Like when Claire was all, "Did you call D.C., when do we leave?" And his answer was, "I was drunk." I felt some new territory and character development.

12. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Danko and Sylar? Ooooooooooooo, Bad Combo!

Gabriel will be better able to operate if everyone thinks he's dead. [face_devil]

Peter really is the good son, isn't he?

Nathan still has much to answer for whether he thought he was doing the right thing or not! He was a total ASS! [face_frustrated]

Isn't the season ender about due?

13. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I'm wondering, is it me or did last night's episode just suck!?

Did they switch writing teams with Smallville? WTH? [face_frustrated]

I'm sorry but there was no real Oomf! to this Ep. I would have preferred to see Peter pound Nathan for a while as a way of getting to that forgiveness point instead of just finally rolling over. Peter isn't Mr Nice Guy like he used to be, he's been tainted well enough. IMO

Angela's sister? That was a lame origin as origins go. IMO

The only redeeming moment for this Ep was seeing Sylar at the end as Nathan. That's awesome! He is gonna bring all sorts of mischief! LOL!

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I was wondering if they had hired Brian Michael Bendis to write the episode. Nothing actually HAPPENED, everyone just stood around and TALKED ABOUT STUFF RATHER THAN DOING STUFF!

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i agree...a yawner!

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This is tonite kids!

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Dang, I'm not ready still haven't watched season 3, but now we can on our Roku :p

18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Sadly, I will no longer be able to follow along... :(

have to wait til it comes to rental for the new season.

19. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Heros was awsome tonight....

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

you can watch online.

21. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
  22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm so out of the loop.

First I vaguely took note of the fact that this thread was pulled up to the top. Then I looked over and thought... "huh, I wonder what my TiVo is recording...?" [face_blush]

Meh, so-so episode IMO. Will see where they take some of the new plot threads.

The fake finale script read at the Lost Panel at SDCC makes more sense now, though... I thought the producers were just picking out the most wacky thing they could think of, but I guess they had foreknowledge of Heroes this year.

23. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I loved it. I'm hopeful for the season.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    if they really killed off nathan i will be ticked off.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    some sad news folks...Heroes is officially canceled.