main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hey everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TofuJedi, Dec 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    I'm a millennial, so a big part of my Star Wars fandom was going to see the special editions with my dad. Revenge of the Sith was my favorite of the prequels. Force Awakens was my favorite of the sequels. Solo was my favorite of the standalone movies. I've never been able to get into the cartoons, but I love The Mandalorian.

What else? I'm married, with two young kids. I'm vegan. I'm a fan of the Knicks. I look forward to chatting with you all!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome Mr Tofu!

* Gasp *
    You don't know the pleasure of the Droids cartoon??

3. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Welcome to the boards @TofuJedi. I completely agree about Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens.

Jedi Knight Fett and TofuJedi like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You mean torture.........o_O Typical a Sith would enjoy such..........

Not even Rebels or Clone Wars?

Welcome @TofuJedi !! Clone Wars is where Ahsoka was born and Rebels fills in so many gaps! Force yourself :p

I tease, because I can. :p ;) In all seriousness, if you need help or guidance here, you need only ask. We are all more than willing to give advice, guide you to where you want to be, to find the topics you want to discuss. Once again, welcome aboard!!

5. TofuJedi

Nov 30, 2020
    Thanks! I do want to watch the cartoons, because I've heard they do a lot for the lore. I've tried a couple of times, but every time I start, the "roger, roger" battle droid stuff drives me up the wall, haha.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    If you get past that, its a wonderful tapestry of information that makes so much sense in The Mando! I know from experience. My son (21) and I sit religiously on Friday night (Australia) at 6.31pm and watch it, Husband watches with us. He likes it but when reveals are made, references etc, son and I squeal, gasp, scream even. Husband complains we are being dramatic and has NO idea why we are reacting. Its like knowing the inside secret! :p

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @TofuJedi. I was born and raised in the New York Area, but while I love the Rangers, Mets and Giants, I am not a big fan of the Knicks or basketball in general.

My oldest daughter is also a Vegan and she is actually a Vegan Chef out in Seattle. In the past year, I have definitely tried some foods that I never thought I would. But she is really an excellent Chef.

8. TofuJedi

Nov 30, 2020
    I actually only got into the Knicks in the past few years. They've been a welcome distraction from the madness of the Trump era. That's cool about your daughter!

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I should say, Empire Strikes Back is probably my favorite of the original trilogy, but that's kind of a boring opinion!

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome! ESB is a strong favorite of mine too, but I’m old school and enjoy the campy style space opera.

Let me know if you need help finding your way around. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a cool username @TofuJedi [face_laugh] Welcome to the boards. It's fascinating meeting someone coming in from the reverse of fans like myself (I'm dating myself). [face_rofl] I came in with the original trilogy so my favorite movie then and still is Return of the Jedi. :D

What continued to fuel my Star Wars love was what is now called EU Legends [face_party]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. TofuJedi

Nov 30, 2020
    I mean, the original trilogy is definitely my favorite! Don't get me wrong.

My list would be something like this:

1. Empire
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Force Awakens
    5. Solo
    6. Rise of Skywalker
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. Rogue One
    9. Revenge of the Sith
    10. Phantom Menace
    11. Attack of the Clones

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I gotta admit that’s a unique list

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Not something that we'd normally expect to be admitted in this forum, but welcome anyway (I'm a Knicks fan myself, but haven't cared about them in about 15 to 20 years.).

14. TofuJedi

Nov 30, 2020
    Lol, what makes the list unique? And why wouldn't someone admit to being a Knicks fan? Because they're so bad, you mean? Haha.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s unique at all. :). In the Saga forum, you can see everyone’s own film preference and yours is not too dissimilar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TofuJedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.