main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey guys c'mon!! I'm bored over here!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Arun Dale, Aug 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    *salivation*

2. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    Who needs friends when you got a game like that!!

3. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    hmmmmmmmmmmm the force is strong with this one.

4. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    well loks like a game cube will have to be bought eventually. better start saving now. :(

5. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    What the word on MGS2 for the PS2?

6. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    You may as well add it to the collection :)

But the good news is it's retail price is around the £120 mark

It has no DVD, no light gun...just 100% gaming power :D

7. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Looks mighty cool :D And who gives a flying feck about light guns?

8. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    £120. That's not too bad, I thought it was around the £300 mark. That won't be so bad then. Heck, they will probably have a goldeneye sequel for it. As long as it is better than Perfect Dark. Technically, it might have been a better game, but just not Bond.

9. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Well I prefered PD to TWINE..and who cannot fall in love with game that has nice touches like the Slayer fly-by-wire and the booster pill

10. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    never got TWINE. The weapons were cool in Perfect Dark, but nothing beats the feeling of climbing the tower in Goldeneye on the first mission and taking the guards out with a sniper rifle. Shoot one in the throat and watch him cluth it and the other starts running at you, as you line up your sights to pick him off......

11. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Has to be said that Goldeneye is still one of the top games of all time- all platform! :D

12. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I never got PD. Will have to get it soon though before I can't get it anymore

13. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    GC won't be £120 here, more like £200. It won't be anywhere near the X-box price though, Nintendo are deliberately keeping the hardware price of GC down this time.

I'll be getting a US import version, unfortunately this time they've implemented full regional lockout (until someone makes a mod chip) so I won't be able to even play Jap games on it like with the others.

Games to look for: Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, Star Fox RPG and many more...!

14. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    My favourite level in Goldeneye was The Facility..take the three guards out in bogs before one can get a shot off..

out the door take a left poise at the top take out the guard at the bottom of the stairs..down the stairs take the guard out with his back to you...take his pass card..
    along the green corridor..take the guard out at tthe end and the two on patrol..all with clean head shots..make your way to the control room..

They call me Mr Stealth

15. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    Very cool level, at the end of facility before you detonate the gas tanks, you can go up the stairs on the opposite side and keep picking off guards. 006 kneels by the first set of stairs taking loads out and using the ak47 you can pick the other guards off that he lets through. Evey now and then let some guards get up the stairs and nick their ammo.

But I must say, my favourite level is on the boat freeing the hostages. That needs staelth and accuracy.

16. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    Yes that a good one too...esp the bridge..take out 4 guards and don't hit the hostage and you have about 3 seconds to aim..

Another favourite is the Libary..it also makes a great multiplayer ( grenades )

17. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    LOL!

18. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    I alays get mullered on multiplayer.

19. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    The only game that rivals the stealthiness of Goldeneye is Tenchu on Playstation... if you haven't played it then you're missing out! There is nothing more satisfying that completing a level on Grand Master level! :D

The beauty of Tenchu is that for each level there are a number of different enemy layouts... Quite a shock when you die and think "haha! I know there's a guard behind that wall" and you get round there and the blighter isn't there... the sequel sucks though.

20. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    I thought I was ace on Mulitplayer until I met this bloke called Mark who made me look really, really stupid

21. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    I was really into Metal Gear on the PS.

22. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Jon, Cass and I played multiplayer a whiles back... that was quite cool, but on three players their 14" screen was a bit small... but they got a 28" now!! :D

23. Arun Dale

Sep 21, 1999
    I had my Banjo and Kazooie Faze too...that ate a lot of my time..

24. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    confused

I don't even know why I'm reading this thread.....

25. pdubyuh

pdubyuh Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2000
    imo theres only really 1 game, Tony hawks skatboarding. you've got the game to complete which is good but then when you've completed it you can just skate its wicked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.