main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Hey Guys! Introduction...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jgk_1701, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgk_1701

jgk_1701 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Hi there.

I saw the article in the Paducah Sun about your club. I am 30 and currently live in Mayfield. I am a graduate of Graves Co High School and Murray State. My undergrad degrees are in Computer Science and Mathematics. I will begin work on my master's this fall. I work at Dippin' Dots in Paducah as a software developer.

I have been a fan of the films since childhood. I have been collecting since '95 when the POTF2 line started. I collect the modern line loose, and the vintage line MOC. I am also crazy about John Williams' music for the saga and his other work, in addition to many other film music composers.

I would love to become a member of your club and meet you guys. I think its great that you guys are doing this movie weekend at the library for charity. I would enjoy participating in future charity drives.

I will not be able to make it to the library this weekend. But if you guys could let me know when and where your next meeting is, I would like to attend.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Jeff K

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi Jeff,

Welcome! Its good to hear from a fan in Mayfield. We would love for you to join our ff. Our next meeting is tomorrow night at the Ryan's steakhouse on Hinkleville rd in Paducah. It is a planning meeting for this weekend but we all have a great time talking so come on out if you can and meet everybody. We will be there at 6:30, hope to see you there! pv

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Welcome aboard, I hope you have fun with us, I've only known most of these guys for maybe a month, and I can tell you that they're great people.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Hey, Jeff I also graduated from Graves in 94' is that the year you graduated? Same age as me but I don't recognize the name offhand. Then again I don't know if I would know half the people I graduated with.

5. jgk_1701

jgk_1701 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Yes, I graduated in '94. Like you, I didn't know many of the people in my class. I took honors classes the whole time I was there, and was around pretty much the same group of people the entire 4 years.

Did you go to the 10 year reunion? I didn't. I figured I already see the people that I want to see from our class.

Jeff

6. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Yes, I went to the H.S. reunion it was o.k.. I didn't really want to but after I was kinda glad I did. Mostly Symsonia people showed up (thats where I am from) so it was kinda cool for me at least. I did not take Honors in H.S. but several of my friends then did. I'm sure I would recognize you when I see you. Hopefully you can come out next Thur. for our next meeting. Pacervader should have the details posted soon.

7. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Jeff,
    Sorry we missed you tonight, hopefully everything is ok. I will post for sure tomorrow about our meeting next week. Talk soon. pv

8. jgk_1701

jgk_1701 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Of all the #@%*! that could have happened yesterday, we had a server go down late afternoon. I was in Murray at the time in a meeting. I had to rush back to Paducah and take care of it. I was finished at 7:30. I figured that you guys were still at Ryans, but by that time I wouldn't have been good company. :) And I REALLY wanted to attend and meet you guys. I will be keeping an eye out for the next meeting date and location.

I had those items with me that I wanted to donate (a POTF2 Boba Fett, POTF2 Greedo, Saga1 Lando in Skiff Disquise, and Sneak Peak General Grevious). I will keep them handy for the next charity drive.

Jeff

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Sorry about that Jeff, hope everything worked out. I wish you could stop by at some point this weekend, its going to be a great event. post soon. pv

10. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Hello,

Glad to see a fan based anything come to this. Especially one dedicated to Star Wars. I've heard about this group a few times from the guys at Crash (especially Darrell) and decided to check it out.

I've been a fan since I can remember. Actually one of my earliest memories is watching Darth Vader walking down the corridor of the blockade runner with a Stormtrooper at either side at the Kentuckian Theater in Somerset, KY.

I was lucky enough as a kid to get all of the figures and most of the vehicles and playset. My family lived in Cincinnatti for many years before moving to Kentucky and we had some friends that worked at Kenner. Most of my Star Wars toys came in sealed plastic bags instead of on a blister card. I think my favorites were the Death Star that had the elevator and "exploding" gun turrent, and the Snow Speeder.

When and where is the next meeting, I would love to try to make it.

Thanks

Joe

11. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Vallhalla,

Yes, this weekend looks to be a great success thusfar - and for a new Fanforce in backwoods Paducah, we are beginning with a huge bang that has me saying "Yes! Now THIS is a fanforce!"

The event itself is at capacity (especially Saturday) - but if you care to meet some of the members, see some of us in costume and discuss the Fanforce - you can drop by the library in McCracken county around 9 Am Saturday, or 1 PM Sunday - there will be donation boxes set up for canned food and monetary donations for our chosen charity Martha's Vineyard, and a few of us will be milling around outside the "theater" for pictures and information. So bring something to donate to the community and see what our Fanforce is learning about being a force for good in the area.

Our next scheduled meeting will also be at the library either Wednesday or Thursday of next week, where we will be discussing the post-event business of the club, electing officers and setting up an agenda for the year. We have many terrific ideas floating about for great fanforce events, so if you want to come on out for a "foundational" meeting - keep checking this forum for details on date and time of the next meeting.

12. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hello everyone, and new members,

Its good to see how many new members we have on our forums, very exciting. Our next meeting will be next Thursday night, Feb. 2nd on the second floor of the library at 6:30pm. We will be in the same room as our event this weekend. So come on out and meet the members of one of the largest fanforce's in the Mid-West! pv
    P.S. To TKYTROOPER, check out our title on the mid-west forum page, ask and ye shall recieve.

13. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    I wasn't being pushy just curious. lol Glad to see it up. Glad we were able to get the library room for the next meeting. Did you say "one of the largest in the Mid West"? Not bad.

14. jgk_1701

jgk_1701 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    I will definately be at this meeting on the 2nd. Can't wait to get started in what looks to be a very exciting club.

Jeff

15. wojo_vepad

wojo_vepad Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2006
    Hello All,

Yup, you got another newbie. I too have been a fan of the films and the expanded universe for quite some time, but I have just recently crossed-over into collecting. I look foward to all that will come with being a member of this fanforce. I'm sure there's much to learn.

-John

16. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Welcome John. Great to have another new member! Our next meeting is Saturday Feb. 25. A post will up soon with directions to our worthy masters (PacerVader)in-laws house where the meeting will take place.

17. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Meeting?

Meeting did you say?

Exqueeze me but..........

IT'S A PARTY!

Of sorts - hanging out, munching etc.

18. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi John,
    Welcome to our forum, now release your anger...and let the darkside guide you. As you can see we post often about a lot of different things. Is this the John from the saga weekend? I hope you can come to our get together at the end of the month and our diorama workshop, both will be a great time. talk soon, pv

19. wojo_vepad

wojo_vepad Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2006
    No this isn't the John from Saga Weekend (I had to work that weekend). I signed on at Wal-Mart the night Ep. III was released on DVD. You probably don't remember being very talkative,.....I was dying of the flu that night, but I came out anyway. lol.

20. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi John,
    Of course, so sorry. good to finally have you in the club. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.