main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey, just checking out the Nordic forums!

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Gratulor, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gratulor

Gratulor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2008
    Hello, and a happy Yule or Christmass to you.

I was just wondering if this forum is active, seem to be just full of locked topics... which obviously meant you'd have to make a new topic. But I won't just complain. I was wondering how many are from the Nordic countries, especially the small ones - ie, Føroyar, Ísland, Sheltland and Åland. There are so many from Sweden, there must be some from the small countries. If not, then it is not.

If this has been asked to death, let me just say I am sorry for bringing it up agian. But I am genienly interested, being Icelandic myself (btw I am ThyleCuir, but it's my old account I can't figure the password on). But what if there are new members from these countries? Why are the topics always locked? Hopefully there are some, sadly I can't speak or type Danish well enough anymore for me to just go to their boards, not that I am in their area anyway.

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I hate to be bitching, but Ã…land is an island, not a country :p

3. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I wouldn't be surprised, though, it there is some radical on Ã…land who claims that the island indeed always has been its own country and it has just always been occupied by a foreign power.. [face_laugh]

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It is occupied by a foreign country though. ;) :p

Still if Ã…land would be returned to Sweden we wouldn't be able to go there and by tax free, so I don't want those islands back.

5. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Yeah, they speak foreign languages in that place :eek:
    Anyway, I agree on Obi Anne's point: tax-free shopping is the thing!

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I had planned a trip there for the coming weekend, turns out I have to work instead. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.