main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Hey StL, any comic geeks here?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    This could be a discussion thread if someone other than me is a total comic geek. So...any takers? :p

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, that's me! I have on order all of the Star Wars comics, Tomb Raider ones, and the Uncanny X-Men.

Thus far the Infinities series has been my favorite. I hope they do the PT as well or just do the other OT movies again with different endings.

3. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    The only Star Wars comic I read anymore is Republic(and maybe Jedi and Clone Wars Adventures). I never dug Infinities myself. I'd post my whole comic list but it's much too long to do that. :p

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't like Repbulic as much and Empire. The clone wars just don't do it for me, but at least the sotry line is improving. I like to read about Leia more because there are few things really about her past. Empire really gets into it.

Also Star Wars tales is pretty good. They have a bunch of AU stuff in there. All the sith against one another, adventures of Han Solo, all sorts of fun.

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't like Repbulic as much and Empire. The clone wars just don't do it for me, but at least the sotry line is improving. I like to read about Leia more because there are few things really about her past. Empire really gets into it.

See, I'm the exact opposite. Leia stories just don't hold much interest for me, while Clone Wars stories are very interesting to me, espically the Quinlan storyline.

6. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Don't forget, Sat July 3 is Free Comic Book Day and I heard there is supposed to be one or 2 Star Wars titles featured.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Hey, I enjoy reading the Star Wars comics alot, I just got done reading about Asajj Ventress's past, that was a good one, I also like the Chewbacca ones.

Free comic book day? Where?

8. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I do Republic/Empire and the Tales. I've got a ton of the old Marvel comics as well. Also, the whole Droids series. C-3PX was sweet. Almost forgot about the Jabba series and the Boba Fett series of one-shots. Good stuff. And, ah no, I'm not a comic geek :)

Used to do Superman waaaaaaaaaay back in the day.

Also did Spawn from the beginning - gave them all away, didn't see it then. Shoulda held on to some of thefirst ones.

After reading the other topic, I forgot I've got the Alien Vs. Predator series too.
    Still not a comic geek :)

9. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Free Comic Book Day is at all sorts of comic book stores all over the country.

website with a participating store locator.

The shop here in Quincy also gave away some of the old/overstock stuff they hadn't been able to get rid of as well as the "sponsored" free comics. My daughter cleaned up on Pokemon comics......lol

10. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Eh, I got some of the Free Comic Book Day comics once and most were, quite honeslty, crap.

Anyway, here's my comic list for your enjoyment!

Current Comic List (as of June 30th):
    Astonishing X-Men-$2.99
    Avengers-$2.25
    *^Avengers/Thunderbolts-$2.99
    ^Captain Marvel-$2.99
    *^Chosen-$2.99
    District X-$2.99
    Excalibur-$2.99
    Ex Machina-$2.95
    Fantastic Four-$2.25
    *Identity Crisis-$3.95
    JLA-$2.25
    New X-Men -$2.99
    NYX-$2.99
    *^Seaguy-$2.95
    *Secret War-$3.99
    Spider-Man-$2.99
    Star Wars: Republic-$2.99
    Superman-$2.50
    Superman/Batman-$2.95
    Supreme Power-$2.99
    Teen Titans-$2.50
    Ultimate Fantastic Four-$2.25
    Ultimate X-Men-$2.25
    Uncanny X-Men-$2.25
    Weapon X-$2.99
    X-Men-$2.25
    Y-The Last Man-$2.99
    *=Limited Series, ^=Title ending soon, +=Title on hiatis

Adding by October 1st:
    Marvel

Powers (maybe)
    MadroX
    X-Men: The End: Book One: Dreamers and Demons
    X-Force
    Invaders (maybe)
    Doctor Spectrum
    DC
    WE3
    JLA Elite (maybe)

What?s on the hot seat?
    JLA
    Alpha Flight

Possible Additions:
    Amazing Spider-Man

Quite a bit, no? :p

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    ^ coughdorkcough Man I should really have this think in my throat looked at.

I have no idea how many comics I have or what they are really. I pick up just about all the Star Wars ones, my boys at "Bugs Comics" know to save those, and just whatever strikes my fancy. Cost waaaaaaay too much to have more that about 3 lines at a time.

12. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    ^ coughdorkcough Man I should really have this think in my throat looked at.

I'm concerned about that nagging cough you have there Dajuan. Maybe a good kick to the stomach will take care of that... :p

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Maybe a good kick to the stomach will take care of that... :p

Muwhaha, just try that and find your self sitting in the dust wondering what just happened ;) chiss_man, chiss_man chiss_man what are we going to do with you?

14. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    You'll give me a title? I'd vote for that! :D

15. kancerman

kancerman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    not too much of a geek, me. have some random stuff:

Athena Inc. Vol 1
    Origin
    Kingdom Come
    Superman: Speeding Bullets
    Batman: Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn
    The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
    Clive Barkers: Book of the Damned II, collected best Hellraiser I and II
    League of Extraordinary Gentleman vol I
    Ghost in the Shell
    Witchblade Origins
    Preacher collections 1, 2, 3
    J. O'Barr's The Crow
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Origin, Viva Las Buffy
    etc...

16. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I wish I woulda picked up the Crow. Good Stuff!

17. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    I have a good-sized list of issues of comic book series I have kept from the last 15 years ... sorry, really nothing before then -- just ones I picked up and kept cuz their art and story were interesting

and I have one probly no one has heard of, DARKHOLD ...

18. kancerman

Jul 9, 2004
    Update Futurity: Go to Union Station's B Daltons -- they might still have a Going out of Business sale -- EVERYTHING 40% OFF! which helped me get League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume II

19. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    If I had more money I'd be more of a manga person... *cries*

20. Tovel_Cond

Tovel_Cond Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I just found this thread. I wanted to see if there was one, before I made one.

I'm a huge comic book "enthusiest". :-B

I'm sure Dajuan remembers that from the good 'ol days, huh.

Anyway, I hope this thread sticks around this time.

For those of you who read the "Star Wars Tales", which one is your favorite? I would have to say that mine is the one in which Yoda and Mace Windu are doing a spoof of the diner scene in Pulp Fiction (Samuel L. Jackson connection). I thought it was hilarious.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, I remember you used to always show me your X-Men collection. I now read them too. Sad.

I don't remember that Tales, but then I read so many of them and a ton of fan fic it's hard to keep track.

22. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I have only been reading 'Republic' and 'Obsession'. It is all Obi-Wan... :D

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I have only been reading 'Republic' and 'Obsession'. It is all Obi-Wan...

Well, to a point.. ;) It's got lots of Anakin in it too. And Durge finally died. ;) Very good story. I really like 'Obsession'.

I read the comics in the stores, like Borders. It takes me like 5 min. to read one. Why pay $6 or more for something that you can read so fast?

I have a few SW comic books, most are ancient ones I found a while back. I mean really old. And I have Shadows of the Empire. Very good. I had to get that one.

24. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I have mostly Marvel Comics, Spider-man, X-Men, a couple Hulks and Fantastic Fours.

I also have the Heroes Reborn series in Marvel were all the main charaters have returned to their reality from an alternate one created by Franklin Richards (Reed and Sue's son).

I have some Superman and Batman comics with a few Green Lanterns. I have most of the Superman ones where he became the electric like form and was blue before spliting into another one that was red.

Have some Spawn comics which are really good.

I haven't been able to find any Punisher comics though, I would like to be able to get a couple and see if they are any good.

25. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Wasn't sure whether to put this under here or the action figure thread...

Tonight there was a comic book stand at the movie theater (Twilight Comics), and apparently they're having a ROTS Release Party at midnight on the 1st (actually it's 11:59pm). There is free pizza and prize drawings. And you're supposed to bring your SW Minis to trade/play with other collectors. They gave me a bunch of flyers for the lot of you, or you could go to their website at twilight comics

I think it'd be fun, but it's also the night before our shopping day. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.