main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Hey StL, any comic geeks here?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tovel_Cond

Tovel_Cond Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Being as I am a HUGE fan of the series, I thought I might bring it up.

For March, Marvel comics is doing a 1 month stint on the "Age of Apocalypse" series. A mini-series, a graphic novel, and a one-shot.

I can't freakin' wait. [face_dancing]

2. Tovel_Cond

Jan 25, 2005
    Here's a pic of the Superman from the new movie coming out next year...
    http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superman-returns1/superman-costume2.jpg

3. Chocoboeh

Chocoboeh Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Fear my newb-ness. >_> Anyway..

this skin is taking some adjusting to, bleh..I may post my list later, but its reeaaally long.

I mostly collect Marvel stuffs, though..and Crossgen, back when it was, well, alive.

I won't have enough money for my star wars figures if this keeps up ;-; darn comic book addiction!

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It can't be as long as my list, although I am making an effort to cut back lately. And I am with you on the mostly Marvel front, I like DC and Dark Horse well enough, I just have a hard time getting into them like I do with the X-Men and such.

5. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I should really start reading Comic Books. I haven't actually read anything other than Dark Horse Star Wars stuff and JTHM, but based on movies, I like Marvel better.

6. Chocoboeh

Chocoboeh Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Aspen is really good, too ^-^ I think so, anyway..

Beware the list of Cho.

Ongoing series:
    -Marvel Knights Spider-man
    -Rogue
    -Soulfire
    -Ultimate X-men
    -Ultimate Spider-man
    -Ultimate Fantastic Four
    -Birds of Prey
    -Fantastic Four
    -Exiles
    -The New Avengers
    -Nightcrawler (eh, gone now x.x)
    -Mystique (same ;-; )
    -Uncanny X-men
    -X-men
    -The Amazing Spider-man
    -New X-men
    -Marvel Knights Fantastic Four
    -Fathom
    -Pulse
    -Witchblade
    -Phoenix: Endsong (well, its ended, but mweh..)

Err, not so ongoing series:

-Meridian (dead)
    -Sigil (dead)
    -Crux (dead)
    -Mystic (dead)
    -Sojourn (again...dead. -.- not even finished.)
    -Solus (dabbit crossgen, I loved you ;___; )
    -Negation War (x__x you guessed, dead)
    -Brian Pulido's Lady Death (DEAD! ;_; )

Okay, moving along..

Elektra kinda.. well...died?
    And Mr. Kevin Smith never finished spider-man/black-cat..but he's a busy man.. with a potty mouth.

oh, and Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra was good.

I have some of Wonder Woman, and its the only book I've ever started to read and decide not go buy again the next month x_x I dunno.

OKAY. x-x That's probably not even all of it, but there you go. Not that long, but its pretty big.

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Because YOU demanded it! My newly updated list for today!

*OFFICIAL* New Comic List

MARVEL:
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Astonishing X-Men
    Fantastic Four
    Fantastic Four: House of M
    House of M
    Iron Man: House of M
    Mutopia X
    New Avengers
    New Thunderbolts
    New X-Men
    New X-Men: Hellions
    Spider-Man: House of M
    Supreme Power
    Ultimates 2
    Ultimate X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Weapon X-Days of Future Now
    X-Men
    X-Men: The End: Heroes and Martyrs
    Young Avengers

DC:
    Day of Vengeance
    Ex Machina
    Green Lantern
    JLA
    OMAC Project
    Rann/Thanagar War
    Superman/Batman
    Villains United
    Y-The Last Man

DARK HORSE:
    Star Wars: Empire
    Star Wars: Republic

Right now my purchases are dominated by each company's major story, Marvel's "House of M" and DC's "Countdown to Infinite Crisis." Once those wrap up it will shrink dramatically. Usually I tend to stick to the main titles of the publisher, except for comics like Ex Machina and Y-The Last Man, which ain't for the kiddies!

As for why I am posting this, I just got inspired tonight by a lovely new friend of mine to get my comics straightened out. And yes, I realize I am a dork.

8. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Oh dear lord. I know that if I was forced to to print my comic book list my fingers would be reduced to nubbs(I work at Bug's Comics) so here's my Star wars Comics only.
    Almost any non prequel comic mini-series (sorry prequel fans)Underworld is a fav in this catagory.(Its got Solo, Chewy, (but not Lumpy or Itchy) Fett, Lando, and really cool art)
    Empire (check out the Darklighter story line)=D=
    I just started Republic cause it's taking place after Episode 3 and features a kickin' Vader cover.
    Tales is great and the Yoda/Windu diner Pulp Fiction scene is awesome, but my fav. is the imperial soldier talking about the war on Endor(by the way is it the Forest moon of Endor or is Endor the name of the forest moon, and what planet it orbiting.[face_hypnotized] By the way Batman Begins Rocks.

9. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I have a whole bunch of the Star Wars mini-series in back issues, such as Dark Empire and the TOTJ series'. I also have a nice collection of the X-Wing series, although I'm missing a big chunk from the middle. I never got into Tales myself, it just seemed too expensive for stories that "didn't count."

10. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I think tales are great cause of the don't matter thing. Makes them more creative and a wider range to play with. But I mostly enjoy the sense of humor that each issue has.

11. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I wish I had more of the Tales. I would like to read them someday...

12. jedi_padawan06

jedi_padawan06 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    I read all Spider-Man Comics... some of the Star Wars...
    I have almost all of the Sonic The Hedgehog... and X-Men.

13. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I like Spider-Man, I really do. But it seems that most Spider-Man writers fall back to the "Death of Gwen Stacy" story far too often as a means to create dramatic tension. Like, "OMG Aunt May has been kidnapped, I can't let her die like Gwen did!" and such. I really wish that they could move past that and find new ways to tell compelling stories with Spidey.

14. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Amen, Chiss

15. Tovel_Cond

Jan 25, 2005
    They have tried. WIth such story lines as the Clone saga, which turned out to be a proverbial joke. Spidey just isn't a very deep character, no matter how much drama you throw into the mix.

16. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    I thought I should try to revive this poor dying thread(page 3!).
    Because Superman Returns is coming out, I though I would take this time to recomend All-star Superman #1. It's the classic character but set in a whole new reality. Kinda like Ultimate was for Marvel. Great story great characters.

Next: Jonah Hex. The return of a favorite. Some of you might remember Jonah from an episode of the Batman Animated Series. He's back with 2 great issues so far and the art is spectatular

And Lastly: Runaways, This is the best best comic out right now. Do yourself a favor and pick up the first trade paaperback and see if your not addicted. Funny, touching, and action packed. The original 12 issue series is among the best in comics ever.

17. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    All Star Superman was great, far better than All Star Batman. Two issues into that and I'm about ready to drop it. But Morrison gets Superman, and #1 of AS Superman was a fantastically fun read.

Anyone else reading Infinite Crisis? Granted, it isn't the most accessible read, but for fans of the DCU and its history, it's a great read. Three issues in and it seems like something major is going down. It's a great read.

18. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Infinite crisis is great! I can't help but wonder where this will end. All-star batman was a huge dissapointment. I thank god it's not in regular DC universe. The new Green Lantern is also very good as is Green Lantern Corps. It makes me sad knowing that Guy Gardner will probably die in Crisis. I still think that that Countdown to Infinite Crisis was the best single issue in like 5 years if no longer.

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Don't talk like that! Guy will live! [face_worried]

20. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I'm not as much of a comic geek as I use to be, but I do like to read them from time to time. anyone know of any good ones out right now?

21. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Look up[face_idea]

22. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    The new Ghost rider series is totally B. A. Baracus(I'm not sorry if this eighties gag too old for some of you youngesters. Get some culture[face_beatup])still unsure about the movie and its Nick Cage hairpiece.

23. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    Good news Guy fans(Chissman) in the new Blue Beetle preview Guy is in it! That series is set after Crisis. The proof is in the pudding! Yeah!

24. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    That new Blue Beetle series does look promising. I may give it a try when it comes out!

25. Notclown-Joker

May 21, 2005
    So if you like star wars comics you must read Star Wars: Purge. A great one shot with amazing art and a great Adam Hughes cover. Its freakin' awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.