main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi heyitsharvey welcome thread

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by heyitsharvey, Dec 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyitsharvey

heyitsharvey Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2022
    Hey I'm Harvey I'm 24 and from England. Return of the Jedi was the first film I ever saw so I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan. I'm excited to get involved in this community and make some friends.
    I have Asperger's Syndrome/ASD. This means I can sometimes take things literally and find social communication a little difficult. I also have a bad habit of meaning well and looking like a right arse but please know I never mean any malice.

Anyways, thanks for reading this. Have a great day and May The Force Be With You.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m so glad you’re here Harvey! I’m sure we will be seeing each other around the boards. :)

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Hi, Harvey:)

Well done on making your first ever Jedi Council Forum thread. Soon you will be Master at this!

Return of the Jedi is a great one to have as your first Star Wars film. For awhile, when I was growing up, it was my favorite Star Wars film because of the Vader redemption and the Ewoks. I really loved the Ewoks when I was a kid!

Thanks for sharing about your ASD. That takes courage[:D]

I am on the Autistic Spectrum myself and there are quite a few others of us on the boards so you are not alone in that regard. And I definitely know the feeling of meaning well but accidentally making a social faux pas anyway:oops:But the important thing is that we are doing the best we can and that we mean well.

May the Force be with you and congrats on creating your first thread! It'll be your first step into a wider forum world!:ben:

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Ah! Another Aspergerite (if that's a word). Let's call on @Nehru_Amidala, a good friend, my e-sis and resident Sith on the spectrum.

What kind of things interest you?

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hey ya, always nice to see a fellow ASD folk here, as @devilinthedetails said in her post. What interested you in Star Wars? Do you have a favorite tv series or book?

6. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    Originally because I grew up with it and it became a touchstone of my childhood and as I've got older I've kept grounding myself with it. Tbh ever since I was a kid, I thought the Women in Star Wars were really strong characters (Leia and Padme reminded me of my mum) Urm, I haven't read any of the books since I read a few of the YA novels when I was little. So I can't really think of one. But for the TV shows I loved Andor for its less action more character driven approach.

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    A good character study allows the viewer to soak in the social scenes of the every day lives of Star Wars citizens. Nice choices, and I can recommend quite a few good novels should you be interested.

8. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    That would be great thanks :)

devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @heyitsharvey !!! That's a cool name, and a great way to say hello!

Used to think ROTJ was the best of them all, then Rogue One came along...........and now Andor! Yes, Rebel to the core here! LOL

Art? Fiction? RPG? Legends? Tell us what you like?

10. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    I need to revisit Rogue One. I remember the ending souring my thoughts on that (besides the Vader bit which is peak filmmaking). I just thought those characters had so much more potential in the universe so I'm glad we're exploring Cassian's backstory.

I'm mainly a big fan of the movies and video games, as I grew up with a lot of them but recently I've wanted to dabble in community and other aspects. Tbh I like a lot of stuff outside of SW but I've never really done much I guess you'd call it "fandom stuff". I wrote a small amount of fanfiction in my very very early teens because I couldn't work out my own characters for scripts and books as I wanted to be a filmmaker. My fanart is... Well... Terrible so I leave that to finer folk than me.

I've never done any RP or any TTRPGs (I guess that's what you're talking about, besides one session of Cyberpunk I did years ago and it was a bit of a mess).

Legends is the pre Disney/non canon stuff that I haven't touched yet but am interested in.

Thanks for posting. Have a nice day :)

11. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    @heyitsharvey. I love that name and welcome to the boards. I'm glad see more asd people joining and sharing it with others as I am also on this spectrum. I always used to love return of the jedi until I watched Revenge of the sith, as I watched them in release order when I first watched star wars. I also like the video games as I am growing up with them. I hope to see you around and may the force be with you

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  13. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    Cheers nice to meet you too ☺️

Tay Neir likes this.
  14. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    Thank you

Tay Neir likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Just watch the double posting mate, can be considered spamming, best to copy and paste into the edited first post. ;) No big drama ;)

Tay Neir likes this.
  16. heyitsharvey

Dec 6, 2022
    Thanks for the advice

Tay Neir and Adalia-Durron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.