main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi All! Excited to be here!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by SidekickWave, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidekickWave

SidekickWave Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2021
    Hey everyone! I’m happy to be here on these forums. Some of my earliest memories are from Star Wars and the earliest dreams I remember are from there too. That said, never actively involved in fandom (though I’ve been involved on Dr Who forums since the 90s) but have been enjoying the High Republic material a lot so started poking around to read what others thought about it. In Amazon review there were a fair few that decried “SJW” Star Wars and I was afraid that this fandom wouldn’t be for me.

After a little more searching I found these boards. I was prepared for the worst when I saw the diversity thread, I was pleasantly surprised to discover folks here excited for more diversity in their Star Wars rather than less. After reading through that thread and a few High Republic threads I thought that this was a board that I could really enjoy.

I hope I can be a useful part of the conversation!

P.S.: My forum handle is the name of my current musical project. Bonus points to anyone who knows where the name comes from originally (hint: early anime in the US)

2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    I'm gonna guess Hyper Combat Unit Dangaioh or Dangaioh for short. (A misspelling of 'psychic wave' which I find pretty funny)

Also hello and welcome!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey @SidekickWave you’ll find variations of the diversity thread in several places here most people (Probably 90%) aren’t gonna disagree with you. I hope to see you around.

darthbernael and SidekickWave like this.
  4. SidekickWave

Feb 9, 2021
    Yes yes, nice work! I bought that VHS off the back cover ad of Starburst Magazine and my love for that mistranslation has stayed with me ever since!

5. SidekickWave

Feb 9, 2021
    I should also mention I’ll probably be most active in the lit section as I’m an avid reader, but have loved Mandalorian (it’s what got me big back into Star Wars) and also been watching Clone Wars for the first time ever and am shocked by how well it translates Star Wars into bite sized 20 minute episodes.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the boards!

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome @SidekickWave! If you're an anime fan, @Nehru_Amidala should say hello.

Let us know if there's anyplace you're looking for and haven't found. Though, from the sound of things, you've got everything well in hand!

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Hey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome @SidekickWave !! You've certainly found a friendly place to hang, we're pretty inclusive!

Sidenote, watch the double posting, there's and edit button on the bottom line of your post, so you can add that way ;)

10. SidekickWave

Feb 9, 2021
    Thank you! I realized just after I posted that I should have used edit instead of post... :(:(

And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I’ve been reading a lot of threads in the Lit sections and really enjoying the conversation! I suspect I’m going to be on these boards a lot!

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm a Legends fan and have read a good deal of them, Not read much in the canon, just can't get into it.....Love my Legends [face_love]

12. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Welcome to the forums! :)

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard! I am sorry to be late to the welcoming party.

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Please let me know if you’d like assistance finding your way around the boards. :)

SidekickWave likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Do you have a favorite anime?

SidekickWave likes this.
  16. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Welcome! Thanks for joining us. <3

SidekickWave likes this.
  17. SidekickWave

Feb 9, 2021
    I’ve liked quite a few over the years. The one I’ve been hungry to rewatch lately (for the third time) is Gargantua on the Verdurous Planet. I love that short series’ blend of sci-fi, character moments, action and healing. I tend to enjoy the other works by Gen Urobuchi too.

Of popular stuff from the last decade, I like My Hero (though I’m behind on my watching), Sword Art, Accel World and such.

For classics, I like Sailor Moon, the Gundam series, Robotech (watched it as a kid), Lum, Ranma 1/2 and such.

I also like K-On, Sweetness and Lightning and other slice of life more recent anime.

I’ve also read a metric ton of Light Novels. In fact over the past 3-4 years I’ve read more Light Novels than watched anime.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh Robotech........such memories

SidekickWave likes this.
  19. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Did somebody say anime?

I'm a young'un, so I'm more into 21st Century anime, my favorite has GOTTA be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann! I also really enjoy Re:Zero, Goblin Slayer, and practically everything made by Studio TRIGGER.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  20. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    hello greetings. I am new here

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi @wreath :) you are welcome to create your own thread here to introduce yourself, if you’d like. :)

22. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    thxs

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.