main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Hi there, newbie.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oleewankenobi, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleewankenobi

oleewankenobi Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2010
    Hi guys, just found this group.
    Good to see same minded Star Wars people as myself.
    Live in the Adeaide hills.
    Hope to maybe meet sometime.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome oleewankenobi!! Good to have a new member!! Tell us a bit about yourself? New SW Fan, Original Trilogy or Prequel Trilogy or Clone Wars? Gamer or Costumer?

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Welcome to SAFF!

Feel free to post, tell us a bit about yourself! We have a couple of social events coming up that you're more than welcome to come along to! Just put your name down in the appropriate thread. Any questions feel free to ask. :D

Looking forward to you getting involved.

- Toddi

4. oleewankenobi

May 23, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Well, where do I start?
    I remember my family going to see the original Star Wars at the drive-in when it was released all those years ago (1977), I was 5 years old.
    I hardly remember the storyline, but I never forgot the impact it had on me, I absolutely loved all the different characters and the space adverture of it.
    As I grew older, I saw the other 2 films when they were released.
    I was hooked once I had seen Return of the Jedi.
    Having bought different Star Wars figures with my hard earned pocket money, I played with them constantly.
    I had a half decent collection, for a kid, with all of my mates into Star Wars as well.
    Ah, great times!
    Then, when I reached drinking age I sold my dusty Darth Vader figurine holder-bust, with all my figures, to a friend for their child.
    I wish now, as probably most of us do, that I never parted from my little collection.

Then when George released the prequel I was back to my youth, loving every movie as they were released.

Now I'm married with 3 kids and my kids, especially my son, really love the new Clone wars movie/series.
    Which is great for me, as I can watch as well!!!!
    I have collected a little bit of gear over the last 10 years or so, with Darth Vader the main character I like to collect.

I do enjoy the star wars video games, I only recently got a PS3 for my birthday, and the kids have a Wii and we have a few star wars games on that and on my old PS2.

I do own a voice changing Vader helmet, which I wore when my son and I went to see the Clone wars film, which was funny as I got a few odd looks!!
    So did my son who was dressed as Chewie.

I really want to buy the deluxe Vader costume as it looks so good!
    Need to save a bit first!

I did meet Darth Vader and a couple of Storm troopers at my local Game traders a couple of years back.
    I'm guessing it might have been some of you guys?

Thanks again for the welcome and I'll enjoy looking through the threads.
    Cheers.

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thanks for letting us know a bit about you and your SW history! Very cool!

Some of our members were probably involved in appearances at Game Traders a few years ago!

Great that your next generations are into SW too. If you were to have a Darth Vader costume, that would be fantastic! :D

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    G'day oleewankenobi. Sounds like a familiar story. Welcome aboard :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yep, heard that story before! LOL!!! Welcome to the fold!!!

8. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Run!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!! RUN!!!

( ;) Welcome )

9. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Welcome Olee

10. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You might notice a 'lunch/Dinner' thread in here, we are having a Sunday Lunch if you are interested in coming along Olee, to meet us in a public place and get to know fellow minded grown up geeks! LOL!! Each one of us is very different and has very different aspects of Star Wars we love, and a few of us have kids who have taken up the flag for the next generation.....note, Padme-Durron is my real life daughter!!

12. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Welcome to the fanforce.
    trust me you will be in for alot of fun.

13. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    "I did meet Darth Vader and a couple of Storm troopers at my local Game traders a couple of years back.
    I'm guessing it might have been some of you guys?"

Hi there Oleewankenobi,

The people you probably saw at Game Traders (is your local one Mt Barker???) was my fiancee in a biker scout and my nephew in the Vader ..... if you want any help with making or buying any armour, then head to the 501st boards - they are a Star Wars costuming group who also do a lot of charity work ..... if I knew a bit more about the internet, I would put the link up, but I'm not that up with it all!!!! A quick google will bring up the website ...

I've never seen the movies - but some around here might be astounded to know that I have sat through a couple of the cartoons when Azzy has been home sick - I'm only involved through the family ..... a family that plays together, stays together, so I go along and do the family thing ......

14. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm sure there are a good number of SAFFers who can help you, costumewise, should you need it, Olee :)

15. oleewankenobi

May 23, 2010
    Yes Leektar, it was the Mt. Barker store where I saw them.
    My kids and I even had our pics taken with them.
    I'll have to see if I can find them.

And thanks for the invite to the "lets do dinner/lunch.", I'll have to miss this next one but I will keep my eyes peeled for the next one.
    Also for the info on the costumes.
    Cheers.

16. oleewankenobi

May 23, 2010
    Here is the only photo i could find.
    [image=http://[​IMG]]

Thanks for the link also Leektar.

17. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    Yep, that's definitely my fiancee and nephew in the picture!!! Wow, I never saw Josh in the Vader suit!!!

As I said before, the 501st is a costuming forum who do charity work in their armour/suits, so they know quite a few contacts for purchasing any armour/costumes you are looking for, or assisting in making it yourself!!!

Have fun with your costuming ......

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.