main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    So to keep this nonsense going Joy Reid has a body language expert on to explain why Bernie is a huge liar. Give me a break.

2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    What the actual **** .

This is beyond insane.

Note btw that Joy Reid is not a nobody. She's supposed to be a high profile journalist. And she goes ahead with this garbage.

My favorite moment was "women in particular, we want to believe human beings".

3. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    Well she’s a known liar too. Remember when she claimed her homophobic blog posts from years ago were Russian hackers before she ultimately had to come clean.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Here we are starting to cross the boundary between adversarial coverage and actual defamation.

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    This is the "expert" MSNBC brought on to decode Bernie's body language:

She had another tweet that was pushing anti-vaccine conspiracy theories, but she's deleting them.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Boy, NBC/Universal sure don't want to pay their fair share of taxes or wages, do they?

Filth. All of them. Nothing but filth.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    At least three of the candidates are now jurors on the impeachment trial and can’t do any more campaigning in Iowa. Off the top of my head, Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg can remain in Iowa and campaign. Sanders, Warren and Klobuchar can’t.

I’m hoping that at this point Iowans have already made up their minds. Any thoughts on this?

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Biden probably becomes the recipient of the Impeachment trial in terms of being able to campaign and make inroads while the others can't.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This is probably the one hurdle that Michael Bennett and Bennett for America cannot overcome. That late Iowa momentum was going to carry him to the White House.

Thanks a lot, Nancy.

11. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Sure, until they call Hunter as a witness. You know Trump wants that because Biden terrifies him for some reason. The press will eat it up, which might hurt Biden in Iowa. Or maybe not. Who knows?

12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    no word is more apt for what they are. We will die and they will cheer and toast their champagne for they will pay marginally less of their already small taxes. They cannot exist in a just world, a healthy democracy cannot exist when the media controls the news. I seriously wonder if there is a solution that would boost independent news orgs. I mean one of the only south american news organizations that does good work is technically funded by Venezuela. It is scary that state funded media in some cases is actually less biased and controlled then corporate media. States have ideologies for good or ill, companies have a bottom line and nothing else

Yeah Pelosi chose to kneecap them, I hate her so freaking much

appleseed, Abadacus and Glitterstimm like this.
  13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'd like to remind people that Joy Ann Reid, the woman who decided to bring on a quack "body language expert" to make up **** about Bernie Sanders is also the woman who popularized the term "alt-left," which became a favorite of Donald Trump to use when the Unite the Right rally killed a woman.

So yea, she's always been trash.

14. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    You’re giving her too much credit; she still stands by her time-traveling hacker claim to this day.

15. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Any scrutiny of Hunter has to be harmful for Biden. The dude's life is a tornado of questionable decisions, and if reporters start pulling the thread then it goes to his uncle James, Joe's brother, which is where the corruption begins. That family is the spitting image of everything people hate about DC.

However, I doubt that legacy media will cover them with any seriousness, except to try and clear Hunter. If they gave them any critical coverage it would undermine Russiagate, which is the media's sacred cow.

It's hard to see it any other way at this point. Impeachment has always been first and foremost about protecting Biden, and the fact that it's *physically* pulling his opponents off the campaign trail is just a bonus.

vncredleader likes this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I see there are a certain number of people who are making the case that Joy Reid's description of Sanders "physicality" is antisemitic.

At the beginning it seemed a bit of a stretch to me, but I am not an expert in the field.

Are they right?

17. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    @3sm1r I'm not Jewish so maybe it's not my place to make the call, but it definitely seems to be moving in that direction. Reid's audience is wealthy, white, old, liberal suburban women and she has consistently hosted guests who characterize Bernie's accent and personality as "aggressive, inappropriate, and sexist." She is playing a very tricky game, which is to imply that because he checks many of the stereotype boxes for a Jew from Brooklyn, (a stereotype intimately familiar to her audience via Seinfeld, Woody Allen, etc.) she doesn't actually have to get her guests to say, "he's an angry, obnoxious old Jew." She just gets people to say all this other stuff and the audience makes the connection on their own.

I think it's a deliberate strategy on Reid's part. If she wanted to scrutinize his record and policy she could, but consistently focuses on personal attacks instead. Even when she criticizes his lack of support for Hillary in 2016 (a lie) it usually devolves into personal attacks.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Damn straight.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  20. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    What are “body language experts” doing when they’re not making their quadrennial post-Presidential debate appearances on cable news?

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    She also has been super homophobic right? and like lied that Russian hackers created her old awful blogposts before having to admit that was a lie. She is god awful

Oh and I so wanna see Briahna just tear Joy apart on live tv

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The rules for who wins should just be “Who got the most votes?” And that should be true across the country. I don’t know why they try to complicate it.

At any rate if there’s a dispute over who won, that’s who I’ll believe.

Clinton got 49.84 percent of the vote in 2016 to Sanders’ 49.59 percent, and she got two more delegates, but I can’t find the actual vote count anywhere.

It’s the 21st century. We have machines. And cybersecurity experts. Put voting machines in place that aren’t owned by Donald Trump Jr. and which have security protocol that is substantial enough that my 12-year-old couldn’t hack it in 30 seconds, and let the machines then just count the ****ing votes.

And I don’t know about Pelosi deliberately kneecapping the candidates unless she wants Biden to win, which is possible. I can’t believe it’s an effort to kneecap progressives when Klobuchar is kneecapped as well.

I do have to say that I would have no problem if McConnell wanted Hunter Biden called as a witness though, especially since he could be guilty as hell (and he might be) and it wouldn’t change the fact that Trump obstructed Congress.

Rew and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey, this is why caucuses should go away. But some politicians want them kept.

Spoiler: it's not usually people I support... :p

24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I'll readily agree on this.
    Bernie has often bizarre takes when he talks about caucuses, and he's also been quite ambiguous about superdelegates in the past.

25. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    Will this very fair attack finally turn the tide against Biden? I hope so. He has clearly many times in his career supported freezing, cutting, or conditioning SS and Medicare.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.