main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts High Republic Shorts

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Jan 22, 2021.

1. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I didn't realize they'd moved them. Huh, makes you wonder how long the SW YouTube channel in general will be able to last before being trolled under. Bummer.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The trolls can only have a modicum of an impact on a lesser-known Star Wars brand like the High Republic. The Youtube channel will be fine with all of its future trailers and original content.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    i've got a query on these and Google hasn't helped. Do we know who the female narrator is?

4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Seems they've started uploading them to youtube again.

5. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Interesting that they went for a side-quest thing from a videogame flashback that I tend to forget even exists! Presumably they'll kick over to the main characters of the upcoming novels as they get closer.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And the comments are still just far-right trolls.
    I thought they would have tired themselves out by now.

7. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, to be fair, this video does feature outrageously extremist left-wing content such as...

...ummm...

...well, regardless, it supports the High Republic series, which is a cesspool of dangerously radical thought, such as...

...ummm...

...space wizards are cool? Pirates are bad? Plants can be jerks? Rocks are your friends?

8. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    sad we haven't gotten a loden greatstorm short yet.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    you can see the difference a wider Star Wars audience makes in the ratio of likes/dislikes. The dislike bombing is still there, but it is overwhelmingly outvoted by likes from the broader fanbase. And if you're foolish enough to venture into the comments section and search by newest, you can see that the trolls are still there, but are being completely drowned out by actual fans. Maybe the High Republic will reach this plane of awareness once The Acolyte comes out and there's much more content.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    New short featuring Ty Yorrick within today's Star Wars Show.

11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I've been looking for a good pair of shorts.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The problem with these shorts is that their entire name confuses the brand.

Are they high or are they short?

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So Marchion Ro...

...is definitely a Sith, right?

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He might be, but I'm not convinced. He has some sort of Dark Side connection for sure, but whether he's actually a Sith, or affiliated with them... I don't know. I think there'll be something else - some plot twist down the line.